Coronavirus and Its Impact on Survey Taking

Administrator

On 6/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I’m so sorry you feel that others are taking money from you. That is pretty short sighted of you to say that. Nobody should be taking surveys to pay their bills. By using phrases like “you ppl”, you’re creating a hostile conversation that is also adversarial.. And please use proper grammar, you know like “you people”. It’s not difficult to properly spell out words. That is a pet peeve of mine. I’m one of many on a fixed income, and I’m paying a significant chunk of my retirement to the nursing home my husband is permanently in. So please be kind instead of posting stuff like this. It doesn’t add anything to the conversation, and quite frankly, is irritating to read. Thank you.

"Short sighted", REALLY?! I guarantee you almost half if not more survey takers are low income and do them to help pay bills or to be able to buy gifts for their families which otherwise they couldn't do. I personally know 8 ppl who take surveys to help them for the same reason I take them, and 3 who do it to support their starbucks habit(rolleyes). This is the reality of survey panelists and the money I earn every month, pays my internet bill which leaves me with more money to buy groceries with so I don't have to use foodbanks so other ppl with kids can use them instead of me and btw NO ONE likes the "grammar police, NO ONE.The nerve of some ppl. Geez.

BTW , the "quota full" message may indicate that either the total number of needed respondents has been reached or just the number needed for a specific demographic. Mine could be in need of more responses and yours could be closed.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, yobry1 said:

"Short sighted", REALLY?! I guarantee you almost half if not more survey takers are low income and do them to help pay bills or to be able to buy gifts for their families which otherwise they couldn't do. I personally know 8 ppl who take surveys to help them for the same reason I take them, and 3 who do it to support their starbucks habit(rolleyes). This is the reality of survey panelists and the money I earn every month, pays my internet bill which leaves me with more money to buy groceries with so I don't have to use foodbanks so other ppl with kids can use them instead of me and btw NO ONE likes the "grammar police, NO ONE.The nerve of some ppl. Geez.

So because I don't need the money to keep my lights on, I shouldn't do surveys? America may not be the right country for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, nj07208 said:

So because I don't need the money to keep my lights on, I shouldn't do surveys? America may not be the right country for you.

Yeah, I can’t get over how entitled they are. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, nj07208 said:

Well GOOD FOR YOU and the OTHER 2 for showing your TRUE FEELINGS for the LESS FORTUNATE. Hope you're proud of yourself. Shameful, just shameful.

This topic has taken an unexpected, dark turn.

Just a reminder that the SurveyPolice Forum exists to hold discussions about online survey sites - it's not a place to berate one another. Market researchers seek opinions from everyone - rich, poor, and everyone in the middle.

This forum is typically a very friendly, supportive place. Let's keep it that way.

Please keep this topic on topic; this thread was created to discuss the Coronavirus and its affect on online surveys.

If the insults and mud-slinging continue, we will permanently lock this topic and consider giving a few of you a time out (i.e. you'll be prevented from posting for a while).

Be kind! :784_peace:

I haven’t done any insulting or mudslinging. All I did was reply to what was an inflammatory ridiculous post. I am not a child and certainly do not need a time out. I will not be coming back to this thread.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I haven’t done any insulting or mudslinging. All I did was reply to what was an inflammatory ridiculous post. I am not a child and certainly do not need a time out. I will not be coming back to this thread.

Ditto. I only come here if there is something new posted.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:04 AM, episemion said:

Ditto. I only come here if there is something new posted.

Agreed. I can be done as well. It's clear who was spewing some unfair statements and trying to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves. I'm pretty sure it didn't work. Good day.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, dimefynder said:

About the only thing worse is those surveys that open with the box for you to fill in with a detailed answer to "what is your favorite memory?" or other repeated questions. Over and over and over again.

When ever they ask questions like that I say they are invading my privacy and going against the GDPR. Some times it gets me kicked out but most of the time it doesn't.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, somelady said:

When ever they ask questions like that I say they are invading my privacy and going against the GDPR. Some times it gets me kicked out but most of the time it doesn't.

I tell them fishing on the Pecos River which is true.

• Like 1

Ever notice how many surveys these days start out with the normal demographics followed by the topic of the survey and eventually end with a section on COVID-19? How many times can they ask the same questions? Do they expect our answers to change?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NataliNess said:

My business suffered from the global lockdown. Today it is open but I have more losses than income.  I've conducted an online survey among the visitors of my shop and now I doubt its correctness. Tell me who used the retail audit services like this - (user banned and link deleted; user works for company advertised and used the forum as a means of advertising). I would be grateful !

I've done these types of shopper surveys through Mobee. These surveys, I'm instructed to enter a place of business, locate the product display(s), taken inventory counts, note empty shelf space, measure amount of aisle dedication, take pictures and such. About 20 min to finish, pays a few dollars. All work is manually approved in a few workdays. DM if you want an invitation link.

Edited by Administrator
Spam link removed

• 8 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, dimefynder said:

About the only thing worse is those surveys that open with the box for you to fill in with a detailed answer to "what is your favorite memory?" or other repeated questions. Over and over and over again.

Or if you could have any superpower, which one woul you have and why.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 10:52 PM, babs69 said:

Or if you could have any superpower, which one woul you have and why.

That superpower one gets on my nerves. I've had a few answers rejected for not being detailed enough. What do they expect, a dissertation?

• Like 1

• Administrator unpinned and unfeatured this topic