Jump to content

Coronavirus and Its Impact on Survey Taking


Recommended Posts

On 6/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I’m so sorry you feel that others are taking money from you. That is pretty short sighted of you to say that. Nobody should be taking surveys to pay their bills. By using phrases like “you ppl”, you’re creating a hostile conversation that is also adversarial.. And please use proper grammar, you know like “you people”. It’s not difficult to properly spell out words. That is a pet peeve of mine. I’m one of many on a fixed income, and I’m paying a significant chunk of my retirement to the nursing home my husband is permanently in. So please be kind instead of posting stuff like this. It doesn’t add anything to the conversation, and quite frankly, is irritating to read. Thank you.

"Short sighted", REALLY?! I guarantee you almost half if not more survey takers are low income and do them to help pay bills or to be able to buy gifts for their families which otherwise they couldn't do. I personally know 8 ppl who take surveys to help them for the same reason I take them, and 3 who do it to support their starbucks habit(rolleyes). This is the reality of survey panelists and the money I earn every month, pays my internet bill which leaves me with more money to buy groceries with so I don't have to use foodbanks so other ppl with kids can use them instead of me and btw NO ONE likes the "grammar police, NO ONE.The nerve of some ppl. Geez.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • episemion

    13

  • Cliche01

    11

  • dawn_b_adams

    8

  • nj07208

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, including Survey Police, THANK you for your perspective on this. I agree with so much of what has been sad. GOOD LUCK to us all and STAY WELL!

Actually, I am worried about how many surveys we will be losing in the next weeks/months. We are taking an income hit with my husband not managing the After Care programs at his school since our schoo

Pretty sure in-home product tests will be going away for a while, but I bet they will be back. I think a lot of companies will be interested in how this virus affects purchasing going forward, so

episemion

BTW , the "quota full" message may indicate that either the total number of needed respondents has been reached or just the number needed for a specific demographic. Mine could be in need of more responses and yours could be closed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
nj07208
On 6/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, yobry1 said:

"Short sighted", REALLY?! I guarantee you almost half if not more survey takers are low income and do them to help pay bills or to be able to buy gifts for their families which otherwise they couldn't do. I personally know 8 ppl who take surveys to help them for the same reason I take them, and 3 who do it to support their starbucks habit(rolleyes). This is the reality of survey panelists and the money I earn every month, pays my internet bill which leaves me with more money to buy groceries with so I don't have to use foodbanks so other ppl with kids can use them instead of me and btw NO ONE likes the "grammar police, NO ONE.The nerve of some ppl. Geez.

 

So because I don't need the money to keep my lights on, I shouldn't do surveys? America may not be the right country for you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
dawn_b_adams
On 6/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, nj07208 said:

So because I don't need the money to keep my lights on, I shouldn't do surveys? America may not be the right country for you.

Yeah, I can’t get over how entitled they are. Ridiculous.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, nj07208 said:

So because I don't need the money to keep my lights on, I shouldn't do surveys? America may not be the right country for you.

Well GOOD FOR YOU and the OTHER 2 for showing your TRUE FEELINGS for the LESS FORTUNATE. Hope you're proud of yourself. Shameful, just shameful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator

This topic has taken an unexpected, dark turn.

Just a reminder that the SurveyPolice Forum exists to hold discussions about online survey sites - it's not a place to berate one another. Market researchers seek opinions from everyone - rich, poor, and everyone in the middle.

This forum is typically a very friendly, supportive place. Let's keep it that way.

Please keep this topic on topic; this thread was created to discuss the Coronavirus and its affect on online surveys.

If the insults and mud-slinging continue, we will permanently lock this topic and consider giving a few of you a time out (i.e. you'll be prevented from posting for a while).

Be kind! :784_peace:

Link to post
Share on other sites
dawn_b_adams

I haven’t done any insulting or mudslinging. All I did was reply to what was an inflammatory ridiculous post. I am not a child and certainly do not need a time out. I will not be coming back to this thread.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
episemion
13 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I haven’t done any insulting or mudslinging. All I did was reply to what was an inflammatory ridiculous post. I am not a child and certainly do not need a time out. I will not be coming back to this thread.

Ditto. I only come here if there is something new posted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
nj07208
On 6/20/2020 at 6:04 AM, episemion said:

Ditto. I only come here if there is something new posted.

Agreed. I can be done as well. It's clear who was spewing some unfair statements and trying to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves. I'm pretty sure it didn't work. Good day.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
somelady
On 5/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, dimefynder said:

About the only thing worse is those surveys that open with the box for you to fill in with a detailed answer to "what is your favorite memory?" or other repeated questions. Over and over and over again.

When ever they ask questions like that I say they are invading my privacy and going against the GDPR. Some times it gets me kicked out but most of the time it doesn't.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mnleona
17 hours ago, somelady said:

When ever they ask questions like that I say they are invading my privacy and going against the GDPR. Some times it gets me kicked out but most of the time it doesn't.

I tell them fishing on the Pecos River which is true.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
episemion

Ever notice how many surveys these days start out with the normal demographics followed by the topic of the survey and eventually end with a section on COVID-19? How many times can they ask the same questions? Do they expect our answers to change?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
schludermann
5 hours ago, NataliNess said:

My business suffered from the global lockdown. Today it is open but I have more losses than income.  I've conducted an online survey among the visitors of my shop and now I doubt its correctness. Tell me who used the retail audit services like this - (user banned and link deleted; user works for company advertised and used the forum as a means of advertising). I would be grateful !

I've done these types of shopper surveys through Mobee. These surveys, I'm instructed to enter a place of business, locate the product display(s), taken inventory counts, note empty shelf space, measure amount of aisle dedication, take pictures and such. About 20 min to finish, pays a few dollars. All work is manually approved in a few workdays. DM if you want an invitation link.

Edited by Administrator
Spam link removed
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
babs69
On 5/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, dimefynder said:

About the only thing worse is those surveys that open with the box for you to fill in with a detailed answer to "what is your favorite memory?" or other repeated questions. Over and over and over again.

Or if you could have any superpower, which one woul you have and why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
trevorpee
On 3/28/2021 at 10:52 PM, babs69 said:

Or if you could have any superpower, which one woul you have and why.

That superpower one gets on my nerves. I've had a few answers rejected for not being detailed enough. What do they expect, a dissertation?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...