Worst survey ever doing the rounds (VO, 10 mins for 50p)

samp28

So, just now I've started a survey on VO... 10 mins for 50p. Here is just one page:

Rubbish.thumb.jpg.7f592f57f5f6c3cd280c7f773529f510.jpg

As you can see I've flatlined it as I was just so burnt out by then. It's "BThrough". Just a heads up if you see this survey, close it down right away.

It started off asking what games I've heard of. So I selected them (about 40). Rather than select a few to ask further questions about, it asked about every single one of them.

So 40 pages of questions about it....

Then.... 40 pages of questions about each individual game... What console it's better on, what my friends play it on, what console shows it off the best, what console has the biggest community.... Yes.... 40 pages....

Then....

When I'm way burnt out.... next question.... The lists as shown in the screenshot. Times 4!!!!! 4 pages of how each of these games will influence my decision to buy the PS5, New xbox, PS5 if it was exclusive, New xbox if it was exclusive. Heck, it even includes Mario kart, zelda and super mario in those lists.

Then.... You think it's done.... Think again.... Movie franchises next....

224560488_Rubbish2.thumb.jpg.c38cd6a1a6a31ca0217742579b0d641c.jpg

Will it influence new xbox... blah blah.... new ps5...blah wotsit.

I know we all have some stinkers at times but I just had to post this here. In all my years 10+ of doing surveys, I've had a lot of "5 mins" that turns into 30 mins surveys or "10 mins" that turns into an hour..... but this..... To answer everything accurately and read every single thing would take no less than 3 hours.... I'm not kidding. 

So if you see it, just close it off. Not worth it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Wow! Holy crap! That is ridiculous! You definitely should complain to them. I probably would have quit 5 pages into this. The balls of some of these survey sites. Unreal. 

• Like 3

Damn,  can't say I've ever had anything quite like that, but have had a couple about popular franchises that just went on and on, and some I'd mentioned I know nothing about or never watch.   But yeah, it's like have you seen these films, do you like these films, do you buy products based on these films, played games, read spin off comics or books, gone to freaking conventions.  Sure, I like some, but after all that, my interest is down the cosmic loo.  

• Like 1

Ridiculous survey! I've gotten one about TV shows a couple times that was something like that. Now when it pops up I close out of it as soon as I recognize it.

And this is one reason I pay no attention to survey results. Do the survey people honestly think they're gonna get quality answers when they put up crap like this? 

And I have also recently learned (I'm slow!) that certain surveys, when they give you a list of 50 or 100 or more restaurants, TV shows, etc., and ask you which ones you're familiar with, you best not check too many of them, even if you are familiar with them. Otherwise, that 10 minute survey for 50 cents suddenly becomes a 30 minute survey for the same. Nope. Not gonna do it, even if it skews the results.

• Like 4

Complaining to VO is pointless really as they don't care (OO seem to care sometimes but VO never do).

It was one of those where by time I realised how it was going to be, I was already committed by spending 15/20 mins. After a few of the huge pages I though "phew, that's done"..... Then another.

I totally agree with the points mentioned. We all learn over time what is to be avoided. 

Oddly I find the surveys that in theory should be the most fun (computer games, films, tv) that I end up adding to the blacklist because those surveys either have very late screenouts or are stupidly long like this one.

The decipherinc and Ugam ones are a classic example. Ugam is where you have to watch a film trailer (2 or 3 times), then answer questions about it. Usually the questions ask you to type out the scenes you liked, what happened and why you liked it. You do all that, get near the end and..... Sorry you did not qualify. Pass 

• Like 2

I had one where I had to watch a 1-hour new show (its something that's being advertised right now).  Thankfully the question portion was fairly brief, though it included a lot of manual typing.  I didn't mind so much because I actually really enjoyed the show and let them know

• Like 2

Last night I was running out of decent surveys yet still wanted to do a few. So I accepted a survey that was estimated by the panel to be 24 minutes for 95 cents. Okay, I was getting desperate by then. :lol: When I got to the actual survey, the completion time was indicated to be 30 minutes. Still, I carried on. Took me 50, that's FIVE ZERO, minutes to complete because there were so many open-ended text answers to provide. And each answer required a certain length before you could advance in the survey.

I was POed mightily. Almost thought about sending Dawn after them. :lol:

Anyway, there was a place for comments at the end of the survey, so I let them know what I was feeling. :mad:

Here's what ticks me off. As survey respondents, we're expected to be honest and candid in all our answers. Yet we too often don't get the same consideration from the panels, routers, survey makers, etc. :40_rage:

Okay, I feel better now. :grin:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Shrike said:

I had one where I had to watch a 1-hour new show (its something that's being advertised right now).  Thankfully the question portion was fairly brief, though it included a lot of manual typing.  I didn't mind so much because I actually really enjoyed the show and let them know

So was it like a possible pilot for a show?  I've had some that had me watch a half-hour sitcom just to focus on one commercial shown during it, which is annoying as heck. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, NevadaJones said:

Ridiculous survey! I've gotten one about TV shows a couple times that was something like that. Now when it pops up I close out of it as soon as I recognize it.

And this is one reason I pay no attention to survey results. Do the survey people honestly think they're gonna get quality answers when they put up crap like this? 

And I have also recently learned (I'm slow!) that certain surveys, when they give you a list of 50 or 100 or more restaurants, TV shows, etc., and ask you which ones you're familiar with, you best not check too many of them, even if you are familiar with them. Otherwise, that 10 minute survey for 50 cents suddenly becomes a 30 minute survey for the same. Nope. Not gonna do it, even if it skews the results.

Some surveys still ask you pages of questions about restaurants even after you say you have never visited them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

So was it like a possible pilot for a show?  I've had some that had me watch a half-hour sitcom just to focus on one commercial shown during it, which is annoying as heck. 

Did one like that except it was to give opinions on the show. There were no commercials.It also was for an upcoming 1/2 hour sitcom and gave no warning that the "10 minute" survey required watching the show (which I thought stunk). When I encountered it again , as soon as I saw the show start , sayonara!

• Like 3

@Cliche01 this is a new show coming out on either Amazon Prime or Netflix.  I've seen ads for it so it must be one of their bigger shows.  I really shouldn't say what it is.

I've evaluated I think three shows and a ton of upcoming commercials, online and  billboard ads.   Interesting that the ones I was negative on never saw the light of day.   Many of the ones I reviewed favourably are on TV right now.  You;re welcome! :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, somelady said:

Some surveys still ask you pages of questions about restaurants even after you say you have never visited them.

And this is when I go into straight line mode.

Don't know. Don't know. Don't know. Don't know. Don't know... :lol:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, episemion said:

Did one like that except it was to give opinions on the show. There were no commercials.It also was for an upcoming 1/2 hour sitcom and gave no warning that the "10 minute" survey required watching the show (which I thought stunk). When I encountered it again , as soon as I saw the show start , sayonara!

I think I know the show you’re talking about. The show sucked. It kept timing out, and by the third time, I exited out. It was like torture watching it, it was so bad. And they’re advertising it now. No way I will ever watch it. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, NevadaJones said:

Last night I was running out of decent surveys yet still wanted to do a few. So I accepted a survey that was estimated by the panel to be 24 minutes for 95 cents. Okay, I was getting desperate by then. :lol: When I got to the actual survey, the completion time was indicated to be 30 minutes. Still, I carried on. Took me 50, that's FIVE ZERO, minutes to complete because there were so many open-ended text answers to provide. And each answer required a certain length before you could advance in the survey.

I was POed mightily. Almost thought about sending Dawn after them. :lol:

OMG, I laughed so hard at your post, I spewed wine all over my Ipad! :) Yes, anyone who wants to sic me on one of the panels, I’m happy to do so. :) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

And this is when I go into straight line mode.

Don't know. Don't know. Don't know. Don't know. Don't know... :lol:

And they ask stuff like do you think they are a good corporate citizen, treat their employees fairly, respect the environment.  Um...dunno, never been there, and even if I was, would I have that much of a clue? 

• Like 3