Sign in to follow this  
wobbles

Pointclub change?

wobbles

It appears the streak bonus has been reduced by a factor of 10.

All the 2000 point surveys I had last night are now 1100 points   (100 pt streak bonus instead of 1000)

yay coronavirus!

• Sad 1

dawn_b_adams

Yeah, I actually emailed Point Club about that. I’m at the Champion level, and used to get 100% streak bonus. Today was day 150 for me. Imagine my surprise and dismay when I saw my streak bonus at 10%. They said it is a change they made recently. When I went back on the site to look, now instead of giving 10% increments, it starts at 1% and goes up to 10% max. What a scam. I’m thinking of dumping them. It was worth it when I could get 2000 points on one survey. I’d probably have to spend 2-3 hours to get that now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cliche01
12 hours ago, wobbles said:

It appears the streak bonus has been reduced by a factor of 10.

All the 2000 point surveys I had last night are now 1100 points   (100 pt streak bonus instead of 1000)

yay coronavirus!

Yep, noticed that as well.  Going to play it by ear and see where it goes.  Blows chunks to the porcelain god, but not like I am relying on surveys to live, just sucks about the reduction, but I can understand why. 

• Like 1

dimefynder

The most glaring thing about Point Club nobody here mentions is that they are too generous - relative to most other survey sites who traffic in the same surveys. Even before the Covid-19 crisis, I felt their business model was doomed. Most peculiar, mama.

• Like 1

Cliche01

Email explanation from Point Club

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to sudden changes infused.

'Streak Bonus' is not to be considered as a component used for making fixed conversions from surveys. It is to cater market fluctuations recorded and is always subject to change.

We for sure have been through times when it was at its peak and doubled the points that one could get from a completed survey/mission. But the time is such that we do need to match up with the current pace of industry.

With an immediate effect, the percentile benefit from bonus level has been curtailed. For example, a member at Level 10 will now get 10% of benefit and not 100% (double) as it used to be. Similar conversion pattern can now be observed at lower levels.

With strong hopes, we may see it getting reloaded soon after things stabilize. Moving forward, you'll get surveys/missions posted in your account as per routine and in accordance to profile uploaded.

Okay, I get it, but that first line sounds basically like 'we can do whatever we damn please whenever we damn want, and not warn or tell a damn soul about it unless they contact us'.  The site did NOTHING to warn of this, and has NOTHING on it explaining it as of yet. I'm willing to work with things, but come on people, freaking COMMUNICATE!!!

• Sad 1

dawn_b_adams
19 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Email explanation from Point Club

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to sudden changes infused.

'Streak Bonus' is not to be considered as a component used for making fixed conversions from surveys. It is to cater market fluctuations recorded and is always subject to change.

We for sure have been through times when it was at its peak and doubled the points that one could get from a completed survey/mission. But the time is such that we do need to match up with the current pace of industry.

With an immediate effect, the percentile benefit from bonus level has been curtailed. For example, a member at Level 10 will now get 10% of benefit and not 100% (double) as it used to be. Similar conversion pattern can now be observed at lower levels.

With strong hopes, we may see it getting reloaded soon after things stabilize. Moving forward, you'll get surveys/missions posted in your account as per routine and in accordance to profile uploaded.

Okay, I get it, but that first line sounds basically like 'we can do whatever we damn please whenever we damn want, and not warn or tell a damn soul about it unless they contact us'.  The site did NOTHING to warn of this, and has NOTHING on it explaining it as of yet. I'm willing to work with things, but come on people, freaking COMMUNICATE!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with you here. It felt like a slap in the face, especially as I was at Day 150 when they decided to do this. They can spin it however they want, but I think it’s a total disservice and appalling on their part. I do not understand why they felt they had to be this drastic. Ridiculous, and they suck. Screw them.

• Like 2

wobbles

Day 483 here..  I am used to the high paying amounts.

They can do what they want and so can we.

I am sure I will try less there  until the amount goes back up

• Like 2