Pointclub change?

wobbles

It appears the streak bonus has been reduced by a factor of 10.

All the 2000 point surveys I had last night are now 1100 points   (100 pt streak bonus instead of 1000)

yay coronavirus!

• Sad 1

Yeah, I actually emailed Point Club about that. I’m at the Champion level, and used to get 100% streak bonus. Today was day 150 for me. Imagine my surprise and dismay when I saw my streak bonus at 10%. They said it is a change they made recently. When I went back on the site to look, now instead of giving 10% increments, it starts at 1% and goes up to 10% max. What a scam. I’m thinking of dumping them. It was worth it when I could get 2000 points on one survey. I’d probably have to spend 2-3 hours to get that now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wobbles said:

It appears the streak bonus has been reduced by a factor of 10.

All the 2000 point surveys I had last night are now 1100 points   (100 pt streak bonus instead of 1000)

yay coronavirus!

Yep, noticed that as well.  Going to play it by ear and see where it goes.  Blows chunks to the porcelain god, but not like I am relying on surveys to live, just sucks about the reduction, but I can understand why. 

• Like 1

The most glaring thing about Point Club nobody here mentions is that they are too generous - relative to most other survey sites who traffic in the same surveys. Even before the Covid-19 crisis, I felt their business model was doomed. Most peculiar, mama.

• Like 1

Email explanation from Point Club: 

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to sudden changes infused.

'Streak Bonus' is not to be considered as a component used for making fixed conversions from surveys. It is to cater market fluctuations recorded and is always subject to change.

We for sure have been through times when it was at its peak and doubled the points that one could get from a completed survey/mission. But the time is such that we do need to match up with the current pace of industry.

With an immediate effect, the percentile benefit from bonus level has been curtailed. For example, a member at Level 10 will now get 10% of benefit and not 100% (double) as it used to be. Similar conversion pattern can now be observed at lower levels.

With strong hopes, we may see it getting reloaded soon after things stabilize. Moving forward, you'll get surveys/missions posted in your account as per routine and in accordance to profile uploaded.

Okay, I get it, but that first line sounds basically like 'we can do whatever we damn please whenever we damn want, and not warn or tell a damn soul about it unless they contact us'.  The site did NOTHING to warn of this, and has NOTHING on it explaining it as of yet. I'm willing to work with things, but come on people, freaking COMMUNICATE!!!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Email explanation from Point Club

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to sudden changes infused.

'Streak Bonus' is not to be considered as a component used for making fixed conversions from surveys. It is to cater market fluctuations recorded and is always subject to change.

We for sure have been through times when it was at its peak and doubled the points that one could get from a completed survey/mission. But the time is such that we do need to match up with the current pace of industry.

With an immediate effect, the percentile benefit from bonus level has been curtailed. For example, a member at Level 10 will now get 10% of benefit and not 100% (double) as it used to be. Similar conversion pattern can now be observed at lower levels.

With strong hopes, we may see it getting reloaded soon after things stabilize. Moving forward, you'll get surveys/missions posted in your account as per routine and in accordance to profile uploaded.

Okay, I get it, but that first line sounds basically like 'we can do whatever we damn please whenever we damn want, and not warn or tell a damn soul about it unless they contact us'.  The site did NOTHING to warn of this, and has NOTHING on it explaining it as of yet. I'm willing to work with things, but come on people, freaking COMMUNICATE!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with you here. It felt like a slap in the face, especially as I was at Day 150 when they decided to do this. They can spin it however they want, but I think it’s a total disservice and appalling on their part. I do not understand why they felt they had to be this drastic. Ridiculous, and they suck. Screw them.

• Like 3

Day 483 here..  I am used to the high paying amounts.

They can do what they want and so can we.

I am sure I will try less there  until the amount goes back up

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have requested a $25 dollar amazon card on April 12. I know they claim a wait time of 7 to 10 days before they say they are able to redeem. After about two weeks I asked them the reason for the delay. They blamed it on 'technical' difficulties from Corona virus. Huh? the virus affects people, not computers. What a lame excuse. Is anyone else having to deal with this kind of B.S. from PointClub?

• 3 weeks later...

After waiting the usual eons to get points approved, on May 11 they finally approved me for $75. You can't claim that exact amount so I put in for a $50 Tango Card and a $25 Tango Card. Boom, suddenly my pointblank "points approved" registered a negative number, minus 23,000+.  When I asked about it, via Facebook messenger, I got a message saying they were aware of the issue and for the time being, please keep taking surveys as usual.  They didn't fix it so I brought the matter up again. Then I received a long, convoluted message, the gist of which is they made a mistake (though they couched the fact in a flood of verbiage and offered no apology). Well, okay, but again we see that they are just not proactive with communications.  It should not be possible for a  member to log on and find their points are in the red. Eventually, they revoked the $25 Tango card and now I have a positive number.

It really is sad that they have reduced their survey payouts to a pittance. I swore to myself that I would never stay with a survey site that routinely paid less than 50 cents for a survey, but now 34 pennies is typical on PointClub. They have so many surveys listed; is it really possible that they themselves are not being fairly remunerated? If so, I am sad for them, but I wish they'd be more forthcoming with us for the sake of keeping our loyalty. And I HAVE been loyal, I've praised PointClub to the max here and elsewhere. I hope they can restore their old luster.

• Like 2

Loyalty means squat to these survey sites. They couldn’t care less about our loyalty. I agree with you on not wanting to waste time taking surveys for 50 cents or less. There are plenty of sites where I can get quite a bit more. And yet again, I took $1.10 survey through Point Club got all the way to the end, successfully completed, and got screwed. I’m so sick of their bullshit. I’ve scaled back on this site and another site that’s pissing me off. I’ll dump every last one of them if I get in a mood. 90% of them shouldn’t even be in business.

• Like 2

I too have had the negative point total switcheroo. When contacted they just say, that yeah, they are aware of it and that it happens, but do not offer to fix it. I contacted the better business bureau and will have them munch on them for a while. Obviously I have no pull, but the BBB should at least get their attention.

• Like 2

i just got an email response from them today it reads:

Please be advised that our teams when doing routine health check of member accounts spotted some minor difference in points total. Hence, a re-checks were done and correct balances were uploaded accordingly.

When talking about your account specific, following difference was observed after account activity done since Day1 was scrubbed:

Points earned till date i.e. since July 14,2017 (excluding cash outs, pending & invalid status) - 6,69,367
Points redeemed till date - 6,75,000

Hence, 6,69,367 - 6,75,000 = -5,633 'Approved' points and is the present/correct balance of your account, along with 2,200 'Pending' points.

We've attached the report pulled from servers and has every detail of every point you've accrued since day 1 in PointClub.

In case of further doubt(s)/concern(s), just do not let them bother you. Instead, send them to us asap and we will take care of all.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Manager
Team PointClub

First thing, apparently these fools don't know how to use the comma in listing numbers. Second, it seems that they are saying that they paid out too much, and want it back, just like an indian giver. F*** these double faced thieves, they are Satan.

• Confused 1

On 5/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, rpc51769 said:

i just got an email response from them today it reads:

Please be advised that our teams when doing routine health check of member accounts spotted some minor difference in points total. Hence, a re-checks were done and correct balances were uploaded accordingly.

When talking about your account specific, following difference was observed after account activity done since Day1 was scrubbed:

Points earned till date i.e. since July 14,2017 (excluding cash outs, pending & invalid status) - 6,69,367
Points redeemed till date - 6,75,000

Hence, 6,69,367 - 6,75,000 = -5,633 'Approved' points and is the present/correct balance of your account, along with 2,200 'Pending' points.

We've attached the report pulled from servers and has every detail of every point you've accrued since day 1 in PointClub.

In case of further doubt(s)/concern(s), just do not let them bother you. Instead, send them to us asap and we will take care of all.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Manager
Team PointClub

First thing, apparently these fools don't know how to use the comma in listing numbers. Second, it seems that they are saying that they paid out too much, and want it back, just like an indian giver. F*** these double faced thieves, they are Satan.

Hi there! The commas as stated by you are system generated and also proves that figures fetched are correct. We wanted you to be aware of the fact that if earned points redeemed are way more than the total number of earned points, then for sure there is something wrong, The best way to determine the difference in points is to fetch the account activity since Day 1 and it worked.

With due respect, if there are any other ways you may wish suggest for calculating correct numbers, then we are very much open to try out fresh ideas. It is also recommended that you refer to the data supplied as an attachment with the above reply received via an email from PointClub.

Thank you,

-Tea, PointClub

On 5/15/2020 at 5:29 AM, CatShaw54 said:

After waiting the usual eons to get points approved, on May 11 they finally approved me for $75. You can't claim that exact amount so I put in for a $50 Tango Card and a $25 Tango Card. Boom, suddenly my pointblank "points approved" registered a negative number, minus 23,000+.  When I asked about it, via Facebook messenger, I got a message saying they were aware of the issue and for the time being, please keep taking surveys as usual.  They didn't fix it so I brought the matter up again. Then I received a long, convoluted message, the gist of which is they made a mistake (though they couched the fact in a flood of verbiage and offered no apology). Well, okay, but again we see that they are just not proactive with communications.  It should not be possible for a  member to log on and find their points are in the red. Eventually, they revoked the $25 Tango card and now I have a positive number.

It really is sad that they have reduced their survey payouts to a pittance. I swore to myself that I would never stay with a survey site that routinely paid less than 50 cents for a survey, but now 34 pennies is typical on PointClub. They have so many surveys listed; is it really possible that they themselves are not being fairly remunerated? If so, I am sad for them, but I wish they'd be more forthcoming with us for the sake of keeping our loyalty. And I HAVE been loyal, I've praised PointClub to the max here and elsewhere. I hope they can restore their old luster.

Hi Cat, we once again apologize for all the hassle, just like we did through FB Messenger. Yes, a proactive intimation would have made it look better. But the spread was so quick that we started taking care of our member's concerns without losing more time.

Your level of cooperation and the loyalty demonstrated is much appreciated. Reward points for surveys have never stagnant and we did witness an increase/decrease in the past. Base Points come pre-loaded and are solely decided by their sponsors. If number of points offered has reduced, then may see them taking an inclined curve soon.

Thank you,

-Team PointClub