You Gov still good at ripping people off

footfree

Got asked to do a covid -19 survey .While doing it they said they were going to ask me a list of questions and if I get 3 right then I earn 1000 points.Yeah me got it right !Then they asked if I would like to answer more questions for an additional 250 points.I said yes.Did I get my points?No. Should have known they were going to rip me off.They always do when answering extra questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, footfree said:

Got asked to do a covid -19 survey .While doing it they said they were going to ask me a list of questions and if I get 3 right then I earn 1000 points.Yeah me got it right !Then they asked if I would like to answer more questions for an additional 250 points.I said yes.Did I get my points?No. Should have known they were going to rip me off.They always do when answering extra questions.

For that reason I never answer the Xtra questions

• Sad 2

Have to say I've always been credited points earned. Maybe I'm just living lucky. But it does take me forever and a day to earn enough points there to redeem for something I want. :sad:

• Like 1

I’ve been ripped off the extra points too, so when it asks (most of the time), I decline now. Not wasting my time on that.

I've never been offered the extra points.  Now I am jealous.  Not that I would get them, but I want to be offered them. I am still not getting paid to have the YouGov pulse on my ipad.  It's been over 6 months now, and I should have been able to cash out with those extra points.  I think I will delete it.

• Like 1

I have the pulse installed and I downloaded that back in November, never got paid for it.  About a month ago I sent an email asking about it.  Just noticed this past week that they gave me credit for 3 months of it.  So I am thankful for that.  I usually have issues with them.  Once in a great while i don't qualify for one.  Few and far between on that though.  A few more surveys and I can cash out again. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, footfree said:

Heck, sounds more like a trivia game than a survey.  IF you get 3 right, you get the points....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, schludermann said:

How much credit do you get on average per month for yougov pulse?

I am supposed to get 1,000 points.  But I downloaded it last October and so far I have only received credit for 3,000 points.  But if I miss a day of not being on my tablet, I get a message that they aren't receiving info and they want me to download it again.  I have been letting it hang, but by summer's end if I haven't caught up with all of the points, I am going to delete it.  Not worth the hassle of getting emails about it, and not getting paid for it either.  I used to have it on my laptop, but my laptop can't be updated, so I don't have it on it, it won't load. 

17 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I am supposed to get 1,000 points.  But I downloaded it last October and so far I have only received credit for 3,000 points.  But if I miss a day of not being on my tablet, I get a message that they aren't receiving info and they want me to download it again.  I have been letting it hang, but by summer's end if I haven't caught up with all of the points, I am going to delete it.  Not worth the hassle of getting emails about it, and not getting paid for it either.  I used to have it on my laptop, but my laptop can't be updated, so I don't have it on it, it won't load. 

I reviewed YouGov US on BBB, and they are a solid "F". But of all the ways to contact them, this is the method that YouGov does make an effort to respond too.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/redwood-city/profile/market-survey/yougov-america-inc-1116-880568/complaints

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been a member of YouGov Australia for a few years, but am having issues with rewards payment...

Recently, well 29.05.2020 lodge my claim for 5000 ($25) paypal payment, received the thanks for redeeming email, that states - "

Funds will be transferred to your Paypal account with the email address that you have just submitted within 6 weeks. Your redemption details are as below: 

Redemption item: AUD$25 PayPal
Points redeemed: 5000 "

Have now sent off three emails to them about this, but the only reply I'm getting is to do with log in issues??  No mention of when my payment will be made, just how to sort out the log in message.  The link to sort that out in the email they sent, well that doesn't work - the page doesn't exist - so now what??

Anyone else had this problem with this mob ??  I'm starting to think that all survey sites are ripping us off, so there are now two sites that if and when they sort the issue I'm having with them out, they will be cancelled.

I have always gotten my 100 extra points.  I did a study back in March I got through them, and I got a $150 Amazon GC, and it only took me two weeks to get it.  I had problems with the study though, and I had to ask them to send me another link to the study, and it took them over a week to get back to me.

Right now I only need around 1,500 points to claim a $50 Amazon GC.  Last month they sent me 10 surveys in about five days.  In general I find their surveys interesting, and you never get disqualified.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, Gandalf1 said:

I've been a member of yougov Australia for a few years, but am having issues with rewards payment...

Recently, well 29.05.2020 lodge my claim for 5000 ($25) paypal payment, received the thanks for redeeming email, that states - "

Funds will be transferred to your Paypal account with the email address that you have just submitted within 6 weeks. Your redemption details are as below: 

Redemption item: AUD$25 PayPal
Points redeemed: 5000 "

Have now sent off three emails to them about this, but the only reply I'm getting is to do with log in issues??  No mention of when my payment will be made, just how to sort out the log in message.  The link to sort that out in the email they sent, well that doesn't work - the page doesn't exist - so now what??

Anyone else had this problem with this mob ??  I'm starting to think that all survey sites are ripping us off, so there are now two sites that if and when they sort the issue I'm having with them out, they will be cancelled.

do you get the mesage below

Dear valued member,

We hope you are well. We are contacting you regarding your yougov points redemption.
Regrettably, due to an additional security step we have to implement, we are currently experiencing a 2 to 3 week delay in order to process PayPal payments. We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on it with the highest priority.
In the meantime, we know you have worked hard to redeem those points and would like to offer you an additional 500 points that will automatically be added to your account.

Again, we apologise for this delay and thank you very much for your understanding.

Best wishes,
The yougov Team

• 2 months later...

I noticed that when I go to check my points, I can't see how many I have earned.  There is a total but no more points per survey being shown.  There is still a breakdown, just no amounts.  Anyone getting this?