J.D. Powers surveys are scams

dawn_b_adams

Got a J.D. Powers survey through Point Club, for $2.75. Took me almost 30 minutes to complete, was a very boring monotonous survey on cell phones. After I completed the entire thing, got a note at the end saying “Unfortunately you do not qualify.” I got screwed and Point Club only gave me 12 points instead of 2750. 

The last time something like this happened (with a different router) through Point Club, I wound up having to resort to filing a complaint through BBB. I’m not doing that this time. I’m just done with this bs. I want to cash out one last through Point Club before dumping them. They totally suck. I would not recommend any J.D. Powers surveys. They are a complete ripoff.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I agree, J.D. Powers surveys are too long and dull as hell, not to mention repetitive...seems like I can get the same one from different sites 3-4 times in the span of a week.  That said, how are you getting 2750 point surveys on Point Club since they cut back on point values not long ago?  I don't think it's really Point Club, just the fact they link to all sorts of sites, I've had some I can tell were from Ipsos-Isay, for example.  In any case, sorry to hear. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

I agree, J.D. Powers surveys are too long and dull as hell, not to mention repetitive...seems like I can get the same one from different sites 3-4 times in the span of a week.  That said, how are you getting 2750 point surveys on Point Club since they cut back on point values not long ago?  I don't think it's really Point Club, just the fact they link to all sorts of sites, I've had some I can tell were from Ipsos-Isay, for example.  In any case, sorry to hear. 

I guess it was a fluke, the 2750 point survey on Point Club. Today, there were two 1100 point ones, but the rest were around 300 or 600 points. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the JD Power surveys are the most boring of all. I’m actually happy when the “you do not qualify” message pops up at the beginning.

• Like 4

And I just finished one about mobile carriers that DQed me after I was done. Almost 20 minutes pissed away for a nickel. :40_rage:

Why do I do this to myself? :lol:

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, NevadaJones said:

And I just finished one about mobile carriers that DQed me after I was done. Almost 20 minutes pissed away for a nickel. :40_rage:

Why do I do this to myself? :lol:

Was that on OneOpinion? I have had that happen several times. A message to them on their FB page has always gotten it resolved. There is at least one other person posting there that had the same issue in the past week. Beginning to suspect either something is wrong with the J D Powers surveys or they may be doing that on purpose to get the data and not pay.

• Like 3

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago with a Powers survey on my electric company which I have done before on other sites and received credit. PClub gave me the robot reply when I sent a ticket. I failed a trick question! Which is a crock of shirt. Im almost at $25 and then that it for me. Of course i may die I may experience another pandemic before my points are done pending.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 504fireboy said:

I Don't Think So They Paid Me The Last 50 Surveys I Did For Them Wit Nooo Problems

Wow, you keep really good track of surveys you do. Lucky you that you aren’t having problems with them. Everyone else is having problems. 

• Haha 1

When JD Powers had their own site, I did quite well with them.  At the time I thought I was doing so-so, but compared to now, I did pretty good.  I just tried to do one on mypoints this morning and of course I didn't qualify.  Oh well, it's better than a Lucid. 

• Like 1

I have completed a JD Powers survey on my electric utility at least three times and have never received credit.  It is very long and tedious and I answer truthfully.  In the meantime they have all the information and never pay out.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, 504fireboy said:

I Don't Think So They Paid Me The Last 50 Surveys I Did For Them Wit Nooo Problems

Well, how many surveys have you completed with this panel?

On 4/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Got a J.D. Powers survey through Point Club, for $2.75. Took me almost 30 minutes to complete, was a very boring monotonous survey on cell phones. After I completed the entire thing, got a note at the end saying “Unfortunately you do not qualify.” I got screwed and Point Club only gave me 12 points instead of 2750. 

The last time something like this happened (with a different router) through Point Club, I wound up having to resort to filing a complaint through BBB. I’m not doing that this time. I’m just done with this bs. I want to cash out one last through Point Club before dumping them. They totally suck. I would not recommend any J.D. Powers surveys. They are a complete ripoff.

JD powers comes up on many panels and they give you a long lure. I mostly got utilities surveys, boring, but even those they would string you along until the end.  I had enough of these last year and emailed them that I was not going to anymore of their sucky panels. I even suggested they add an abort link, like Cint, so I can get out quickly. I explained to them it would be a valuable metric for their clients to know just how poor a reputation JD powers has developed. Of course this never happened. So, I instead tried to find the magic way to screen out, like 99 yearsold.

• Like 2