J.D. Powers surveys are scams

dawn_b_adams

Yep, if you have an opinion other than what they are looking for they disqualify you but not after a few more questions detailing your life.

• Like 2

Agree. I suspect companies pay JD Power for favorable results so the companies can use these high ratings in their advertising. And if what you answer isn't what the companies have paid for, you get the uncompensated boot. 

I've said this before...even though I do surveys, always being attentive and answering honestly, I pay no attention to the results as they're often wholly unreliable for so many reasons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been robbed from JD Powers surveys, I just find them long and boring asking the same questions over and over.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience is that out of 10 surveys I will get automatically disqualified at the beginning on five of them and of the remaining five I will make it though four of them and out of those four two will give me the "unfortunately you do not qualify" at  the end of the survey.    So that means I hit pay dirt on two out of about   ten,  not very good odds so  I just mostly X out of them at the beginning unless it's a Sunday and surveys are far and few between. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Duck said:

My experience is that out of 10 surveys I will get automatically disqualified at the beginning on five of them and of the remaining five I will make it though four of them and out of those four two will give me the "unfortunately you do not qualify" at  the end of the survey.    So that means I hit pay dirt on two out of about   ten,  not very good odds so  I just mostly X out of them at the beginning unless it's a Sunday and surveys are far and few between. 

Lucky you. I’m lucky if I finish 1 out of every 50 or so. I’m continuing to dump survey sites that waste my time. It’s one thing if I disqualify at the beginning, quite another if I spend 20 minutes successfully completing a survey to get screwed out of points at the end. This happens more frequently with Point Club, and they will be the next ones I will dump.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It makes me guffaw when I notice ads that boast about high ratings from J. D. Power. Their surveys are so dull that people just race through them and their results imho are meaningless. Now and then, I take one and get credit but most of the time I exit as fast as I can. Frankly, I've found that the dullest, cheapest surveys are sponsored by the biggest companies: J.D. Power, and Harris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1