Survey Junkie told me 3 points for hour survey is normal and reasonable.

billymonty

I answered I believe it was from peanut labs ( Survey Junkie) a long survey about mainly tow truck drivers and essential service laws and news videos and wide range of opinions and actually really enjoyed it but it started getting longer and longer till nearly a hour later I was finishing up on the final person questions then finally quit only to be told you did not qualify but here is 3 points for your trouble. Only after complaining to Survey Junkie I rec. an additional 17 points and told you can be disqualified at any time and points are awarded at their discretion but that particular survey was third party and they can do as they wish. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt that a dirty trick get you to do the whole survey to tell you that you disqualified, Another thing i notice is they give you a 15 minute pre survey questions to see if you qualify and its the same question on the actual survey, so in other words they could the same thing after answer all the questions no sorry you dont qualify. It pays to complain because if I dont get anything im done.which i have done on only a few occasion most reasonable survey will give you something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That seems to becoming the norm with them. That happened to me twice this week. Now I will not do a survey for them if it takes me past 15 minutes.

• Like 1

That's terrible. Sometimes on different sites I just have to x out because they seem to be endless and I am afraid something will happen and no points will be given.

• 2 weeks later...

You're exactly right David. That's why I stopped doing their surveys. I did one for a new upcoming TV show. The show was awful. I guess I didn't give the right answer that the producers were looking for me and they gave me zero credit. 20 minutes for 260 points. After that, I waited until I could cash out for $10 and never went back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yep, this is all too familiar.

I recently completed a very long survey, whose stated time was ten minutes; its point value was 110. The very first thing I saw when I started it was a disclaimer that it would involve heavy reading, and that the reading alone would take at least THIRTY MINUTES. I chose to proceed, because its description sounded really interesting.

SIXTY MINUTES later, I completed the survey, which involved a real court case, rendering my verdict, explaining why, and so on. It not only included copious reading material (and paying attention to things like police officers' names, the defendant's size), but also numerous videos which had to be viewed in their entirety. I chose to watch some of them more than once, because I took this task seriously, and wanted to be sure about certain details.

The survey's last page stated that it was its last page; it thanked me for my time, etc. Its very last question was optional; it asked if there was anything I would have liked to know prior to rendering my verdict. I answered that, then submitted it...and guess what? Yes, indeed: "Uh-oh! You didn't qualify for this survey" but here's a paltry 3 points for your HOUR of work.

I immediately contacted Survey Junkie, and got the expected canned response about being disqualified at any point in a survey--even though I included screenshots of my browser's history, which corroborated what I was doing for that entire hour, but I also very clearly explained that I had COMPLETED it. After some bickering, they gave me a few more points, but nowhere near the 110 I should've received.

Then it happened again. And again. And back-to-back again and again. Each time, I took screenshots of my starting time, each survey's "thank you for COMPLETING this survey," the time when I ended, and my browser history, and each time I received the canned response about being disqualified. Most recently, I told them--and I'm speaking as a programmer with many years of experience--that there's a glitch somewhere in their pipeline. They told me they had carefully reviewed their records for the two most recent ones, and at their end it says I was disqualified. I told them if THAT'S what they're seeing at their end, yet I'm seeing "thanks for completing this survey," THERE'S A PROBLEM. And I said I will not attempt any further surveys until this issue is resolved.

Now I can see it's not going to be resolved. I've spent as much as SEVENTY MINUTES working on a survey (whose stated time was 25 minutes), worth 70 points, completed it, got its 'this is the last question' message, submitted it, then got 'uh-oh' and 3 points, followed by canned responses. Not nice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the detailed information, glad i checked this out as i won't sign up and give them all my personal information for nothing!  thank you all!