VPNs and surveys

mexpensive33

I just had the unpleasant task of unbloking ny account on the One Poll site. It seems that if you use a VPN they will block your account and not reopen it until you prove that you are a real person either with a license or a passport. I have been doing surveys with them for a long time and this is a first. I just wanted to warn you all about using VPNs and some survey sites view them as bots.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mexpensive33 said:

I just had the unpleasant task of unbloking ny account on the One Poll site. It seems that if you use a VPN they will block your account and not reopen it until you prove that you are a real person either with a license or a passport. I have been doing surveys with them for a long time and this is a first. I just wanted to warn you all about using VPNs and some survey sites view them as bots.

That is ridiculous.  You mean the 10 or so questions about what color the sky is, and how many 4-2 is, they still need that?

Not ridiculous. Banning VPNs protects us as much as it does the survey panel. A VPN masks your identity and location so scammers use them to open multiple accounts or open accounts in countries that the panel doesn't operate in. Some panels just ban you instead of asking for proof so it is never a good idea to use one for surveys without permission. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I’ve had problems as I have the Mobile Xpression software on my phone, some are OK but for many survey sites I have to disable to VPN before attempting surveys

Tried highlighting to MX but (as with most) they weren’t interested