Strange question

episemion

Anyone else receive a survey in the last couple of weeks that started with the normal demographics and then asked "Mother's maiden name"? Why would a survey want that info? Looked suspicious , so it was skipped.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, episemion said:

Anyone else receive a survey in the last couple of weeks that started with the normal demographics and then asked "Mother's maiden name"? Why would a survey want that info? Looked suspicious , so it was skipped.

Never ran across that question better to skip

• Like 2

Sounds like either the panel got a hold of some information of yours, security challenge questions, or was working with an undisclosed client that was verifying candidates. If I get this, I'm going to dig real deep.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

Haven't got that. But does sound sketchy. Like trying to get the answer to a security question for logins.

That was my feeling as well. Same survey came up several times , don't recall where , but haven't seen it again in over a week.

• Like 2

I sent a message to them via their FB page and got a response from someone that was on a different project. They will get back to me today they said with more info. I asked why that info was requested and let them know that no matter what was entered for that question , the survey ended at that point. 

• Like 2

Heard back from Cornell. Here is the response:

Hi again! I've checked in with our web team who is running that particular survey, and they explained the maiden name question was originally included by the client as an intended unique identifier across many web panels (and therefore many participants). They have since removed this question. You should be able to participate now if you would like.

Will see how it goes the next time it comes up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1