Pinecone problems

Lurkergirl

So I have loved Pinecone  up until a few weeks now .I got the first problem fixed  but now the second ones is so annoying ,I always cash out there ,as I have been told that sometimes survey sites close down and then your stuck .So I got the notice about it ,and went in and did what I always did and asked for Paypal ,well then a few hours later I get an email from them ,saying there was problems and to go and chose something else .I go back in and no I was not credited my points back ,so I sent a request asking about them returning them so I could chose something else . I wait and wait and hear nothing back ,so I send a reply asking .I get a note back  oh we mailed you a check  you will get it in 1-2  weeks .Oh sure great ,I got  to wait up to 2 weeks for 3 dollars and have to battle a bank drive through . Yeah I am not thrilled  because last time I had to use a drive through took 45 minutes . So just an FYI  if you like paypal  on Pinecone  may as well wait ( I would have had I known ) . 

• Like 1

I noticed that too that they no longer are offering PayPal. You’re spot on regarding getting a check and then having to go through the hassle of going through the drive thru. I tried to redeem 600 points through a MasterCard gift card, and something went wrong. So I will have to email them to find out what’s going on. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I noticed that too that they no longer are offering PayPal. You’re spot on regarding getting a check and then having to go through the hassle of going through the drive thru. I tried to redeem 600 points through a MasterCard gift card, and something went wrong. So I will have to email them to find out what’s going on. 

I think if they are not going to  offer it any more they need to delete the page ,I mean I ordered like I always do and saw nothing about it being a problem ,till I got the email .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got the same type email after requesting a PayPal option.  I logged on and sure enough,  the points I redeemed had not been added back to my account.  So I email them and get a reply that really just didn't make any sense and sure didn't answer my question or solve the problem.  I don't mind a check but am sad this site is starting to show cracks in the foundation.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sue123 said:

I got the same type email after requesting a PayPal option.  I logged on and sure enough,  the points I redeemed had not been added back to my account.  So I email them and get a reply that really just didn't make any sense and sure didn't answer my question or solve the problem.  I don't mind a check but am sad this site is starting to show cracks in the foundation.

I agree makes me wonder how long they will be around .

• Like 1

I usually opt for the Amazon Card, I tried for the Virtual  Visa card and it's way too much work and subject to forfeiture.   I have noticed recently that there are other oddities with Pinecone. The invitation for a survey doesn't expire after following the email invitation, but remains "in progress" on your dashboard. Some lasted for a week extra and I came back several times a day, using different browsers & dumping history and cookies each visit. I was able to make an extra gift card in a week, usually it's every 6 weeks with Pinecone for me. The next time you're at Pinecone and was screened out, go back to the dashboard and check the status of the project, it maybe still active and could connect to another survey.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I always go for Amazon. What I have noticed there is this new way they do things takes forever to load. I know this has nothing to o with payments but the old way was quicker and much better.

• Like 1

I use to love the survey site , but lately I will get this screening survey and then you get thrown into doing a survey but they now do not  give you a survey number for the survey they tricked you into after doing the survey they say is the household questions. I go into the web site ,and on the last 4 surveys they say survey not compensated ,yet I know I got a check for the last survey I did ,so unsure what is up with that ,is this happening to everyone or just me .

Like Schludermann said, the surveys I successfully complete will show as in progress on the website for a long time. I find I cannot do surveys that link from an email, because they just get stuck. I tried five different web browsers on one today. I finally just logged into the website, and was able to complete it there. But the two I have done are still showing as in progress, and I have send a second request for Pinecone to fix this problem.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, schludermann said:

I usually opt for the Amazon Card, I tried for the Virtual  Visa card and it's way too much work and subject to forfeiture.   I have noticed recently that there are other oddities with Pinecone. The invitation for a survey doesn't expire after following the email invitation, but remains "in progress" on your dashboard. Some lasted for a week extra and I came back several times a day, using different browsers & dumping history and cookies each visit. I was able to make an extra gift card in a week, usually it's every 6 weeks with Pinecone for me. The next time you're at Pinecone and was screened out, go back to the dashboard and check the status of the project, it maybe still active and could connect to another survey.

Thanks for the tip on the Amazon card I had no idea they had those ,I think its just been a habit of mine to go for pay pal .

Starting yesterday, I can't log into Pinecone, fails with an error 502. Error 502 is a gateway error, meaning the path from your browser window could not be successfully completed.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, schludermann said:

Starting yesterday, I can't log into Pinecone, fails with an error 502. Error 502 is a gateway error, meaning the path from your browser window could not be successfully completed.

Wow ! I just checked and I got in no problems ,maybe they had a glitch or something .

I got one from them Saturday and I was immediately dq'd.  Today I got a reminder email.  So either you want me to do it or you don't.  I guess i got to log in now and see if it is still pending.

I was able to finally login in late last night after getting a reminder from Pinecone to complete a survey I had already taken. There has been various survey invitations stuck at "in progress" since Friday  for days at a time. I kept login in, about 4 times a day, from two different browsers and over the holiday I got to complete three surveys and screened out more than 10 times.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, schludermann said:

I was able to finally login in late last night after getting a reminder from Pinecone to complete a survey I had already taken. There has been various survey invitations stuck at "in progress" since Friday  for days at a time. I kept login in, about 4 times a day, from two different browsers and over the holiday I got to complete three surveys and screened out more than 10 times.

Exact thing has been happening to me the last couple of weeks. I have had the same survey keeps saying pending, tried on four different web browsers, keep getting DQ’d, but continues to be pending. I have sent in three requests for them to either fix it or remove it from my dashboard. They keep saying they’re escalating it to their tech support, but nothing gets done. I don’t know what’s going on over there, but this is getting really irritating.