I finally got an online study from 20/20 Panel

NFriday

Hi- I finally got an online 6 month study from 20/20.  It starts the end of June.  They were looking for people that were furloughed or lost their job.  I have to log on for three days per month to complete the study.  I get paid anywhere from $10 to $130 per month.  Did anybody else get this?  They either pay with a virtual GC or a store card every month.  I hope Amazon is included.  I am sure the majority of the months I will only receive $10, but that is still at least $60 I will make.

I was working for the census for 5 weeks last fall, and then I was supposed to start up again in March, and go door to door.  I was scheduled for the first day of training the middle of March, but then I got nervous about being in a room with 20 other people, and cancelled for that particular session, but then they decided to postpone it anyway.  They called me up about a month ago to see if I was still interested in the job, and I said yes, but I have not heard anything more.  Supposedly the census has been extended to the end of October.  They are supposedly going to switch to online training.  I really don't want to go door to door right now, but supposedly they are going to try to call all of the people that did not fill out their census first, which I am a lot more comfortable with..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, NFriday said:

Hi- I finally got an online 6 month study from 20/20.  It starts the end of June.  They were looking for people that were furloughed or lost their job.  I have to log on for three days per month to complete the study.  I get paid anywhere from $10 to $130 per month.  Did anybody else get this?  They either pay with a virtual GC or a store card every month.  I hope Amazon is included.  I am sure the majority of the months I will only receive $10, but that is still at least $60 I will make.

I was working for the census for 5 weeks last fall, and then I was supposed to start up again in March, and go door to door.  I was scheduled for the first day of training the middle of March, but then I got nervous about being in a room with 20 other people, and cancelled for that particular session, but then they decided to postpone it anyway.  They called me up about a month ago to see if I was still interested in the job, and I said yes, but I have not heard anything more.  Supposedly the census has been extended to the end of October.  They are supposedly going to switch to online training.  I really don't want to go door to door right now, but supposedly they are going to try to call all of the people that did not fill out their census first, which I am a lot more comfortable with..

That's great. I haven't done a study thru them in many years. I turn down the ones in person because Miami traffic is absolutely terrible and the payment amount usually isn't worth the hassle!

I have not gotten my money yet, but the first month involved three days which took me a total of about 90 minutes, and I am going to get $50 in either a Visa GC, or Amazon.  The only thing is that you have to log in all three days and answer the questions they give me.  Then the moderator gets back to me with more questions if she has any, and I have to answer those before the day is over.  Hopefully I will get $300 in Amazon by the time the six months are up..  I don't get that many of their surveys, and I am never eligible for them, and they usually only pay $50 too.  They don't have an office in Chicago, and so I can only do online ones.

I get invites from them 1-2 times a week but rarely take the qualify survey bcoz I don't do webcam discussions/interviews.lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did the first month of the market research study about Covid.  It was three days, and it was about thirty minutes every day.  They asked me questions about my census job, and then I answered them, and then they asked me additional questions.  About a week later I got a $50 GC for Amazon.  I should get the second month any day now.  Hopefully I will get another $50.  I still have not heard again from the Census.  They called me up several months ago, and asked me if I was still interested in working for them.  I said yes, but I was not crazy about going door to door.  They said they would get back to me, but they have not.  I might try calling then up.  They pay $23.50, which is the only reason I am still interested.  I was hoping they would just have me call people up on the phone, but it sounds like they are going to have people go door to door starting the middle of August, and I am not crazy about that.  In Chicago only 55% of the people filled out their census.  But the President just said he does not want the census to include undocumented people in the census, and so I would not be visiting those people.

I just found out that I am going to get another $50 Amazon GC for completing the study questions for August.  I get them next week.  It should take me 1 1/2- 2 hours to complete them.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:07 AM, NFriday said:

I did the first month of the market research study about Covid.  It was three days, and it was about thirty minutes every day.  They asked me questions about my census job, and then I answered them, and then they asked me additional questions.  About a week later I got a $50 GC for Amazon.  I should get the second month any day now.  Hopefully I will get another $50.  I still have not heard again from the Census.  They called me up several months ago, and asked me if I was still interested in working for them.  I said yes, but I was not crazy about going door to door.  They said they would get back to me, but they have not.  I might try calling then up.  They pay $23.50, which is the only reason I am still interested.  I was hoping they would just have me call people up on the phone, but it sounds like they are going to have people go door to door starting the middle of August, and I am not crazy about that.  In Chicago only 55% of the people filled out their census.  But the President just said he does not want the census to include undocumented people in the census, and so I would not be visiting those people.

The census people have called me twice. I turned down the first call and then a 2nd person called. However, after the 2nd person I got an email saying my status has changed so maybe the first person was supposed to note something in the system but didn't. I worked for the census the last time but in a supervisory role in a different town. They were looking for people to go door to door but that's not something I'm interested in. Maybe they'll be calling you soon! (I'm in Florida)

Hi- It was just in the news a few days ago that one of the census offices in the Chicago area had to shut down because somebody  that worked in the office came down with the virus.  I was going to call up the census office to see why they never got back to me like they said they would, but I just decided that I do not want to go door to door, and plus Trump is requiring the census to only go door to door until 9/30, and so even if I wanted to work for them, by the time I went through the training, I would only be able to work 6 weeks max.  The Chicago area pays $23.50 an hour though which is tempting.  I am just afraid they will send me to parts of Chicago that are not safe.  They did that when I worked for them last year.  The section they sent me to though, I only spent about an hour there, and then left the neighborhood as soon as I could.  I am going to try to get a job as a contract tracer with the state.  You only have to call people up.  A friend of one of my sisters has somebody she rents to in New Orleans who is doing that right now and she likes her job.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for the census for an office job, and emphasized that when they called again. But no work has appeared.

I did the door-to-door 40 years ago, and it makes sense that some people in the poorer neighborhoods haven't sent their forms in and must be visited. Either they found it too complicated or have dicey immigration status or had problem with English or don't have internet. 

• Like 2

I've been trying this panel for a month and it's not very encouraging. They don't seem to use the profile the panelist creates and during the survey qualification, it's obvious that this is the case, since the onboarding questions that come up don't fit what is in the profile. Since I'm 25% of the way to a payout threshold, I'll give the 20/20 panel six months to show some progression. If there isn't, then they likely never will and I'll stop participating in surveys and see how long before the reward forfeitures start. News at 11.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, schludermann said:

I've been trying this panel for a month and it's not very encouraging. They don't seem to use the profile the panelist creates and during the survey qualification, it's obvious that this is the case, since the onboarding questions that come up don't fit what is in the profile. Since I'm 25% of the way to a payout threshold, I'll give the 20/20 panel six months to show some progression. If there isn't, then they likely never will and I'll stop participating in surveys and see how long before the reward forfeitures start. News at 11.

A month! You are not going to run into many focus groups if you're giving up after only a month. I've been with 20/20 for probably 8 years and have done 2. I have been called for 2 or 3 more because they are local to me but I don't want to bother going into the facility. They do way more in-person groups than online so you have to take than into consideration as well. focus groups are hard to come by because they usually have a small group of people but of course the pay is usually very good for the amount of time they take. You're going to need a little more patience!

15 hours ago, nj07208 said:

You're going to need a little more patience!

I know focus groups are infrequent, the last one I was in was 5 years ago. Focus panels are so rare, I treat them like found money, unplanned and nice when it happens.

I'm doing 20/20 panel surveys and trying for  $5 tango card in 6 months. The payout threshold is 500 points, I'm at 160 from profile questions. I was commenting on the administration of the qualifying questions for some surveys. There are repeatedly, very specific demographic questions that lead to immediate screen out, and this information was in my profile already. At least it was quick.  I suspect the 20/20 Panel is padding their candidate pool with non-qualifying members because it makes for a better metric on paper for the client.  In context, on SurveyMonkey Rewards app, I regularly reach the $5 threshold in 8-15 days and payout is instantaneous.

• Like 1

I got a call back from the census again last week, and the guy told me that I had told somebody that I had resigned, and I told him no I was not resigning, but I was not crazy about going door to door.  He said he would get back to me, but he has not.  The problem here in the Chicago area is that most of the people that have not filled out their census live in neighborhoods that I do not consider safe and especially during a pandemic.  

Concerning 20/20 not getting back to you.  You just have to be more patient.  This is the first time in two years with them that I have gotten a project from them.  All of the market research studies in the Chicago are online.  I just applied fir a few yesterday, but I am sure they will not call me back because I told them I was doing this study with 20/20 right now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi- I still have three more months to go on the 20/20 panel, but I also get emails about other panels from other places, and when it sounds like I might be eligible I answer the questions and hit submit, but they usually ask if I have done any other panels recently, and I say yes, and tell them what it is for, and then I don't get a call back.  Should I not mention that I am doing this panel with 20/20?

On 9/22/2020 at 7:17 PM, NFriday said:

Hi- I still have three more months to go on the 20/20 panel, but I also get emails about other panels from other places, and when it sounds like I might be eligible I answer the questions and hit submit, but they usually ask if I have done any other panels recently, and I say yes, and tell them what it is for, and then I don't get a call back.  Should I not mention that I am doing this panel with 20/20?

I never reply with anything else that I'm doing. Not their business!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1