Memorable moments survey site

Lurkergirl

I am a member of the survey site memorable moment   but I noticed that their reward program is now pathetic .I cannot cash out to often there ,but last time I did I snagged an Amazon gift code ,I saw I had enough points to cash out again ,but now they had 2 options  Starbucks ( which no thanks not something I would use ) and Walmart ( not my favorite place to go ) and that was it . I am thinking seriously that if this is all they are going to offer ,I think I will only finish up the year ,( They have this thing were you record cards sent for the year and if you finish the year you get bonus points and since I am 1/2 way done ,I figure may as well finish out the year ,and hope they bring back better rewards .If not then I will just get the Walmart one and just be done with  it.

• Haha 1

I noticed that as well, but I can use the Wal Mart card online. So it doesn't bother me that much. My experience with them has been pretty good.

I saw that earlier when I tried to cash out some points. Without Amazon it's not worth it. I don't get to Walmart (it's out of the way and I have no car) and don't really buy from them online. If I have no other choice, I can use a Starbucks card toward a bag of coffee in their shops, I refuse to pay their high prices for a single cup, lol.  But, if they don't get Amazon back, I won't continue with them. 

Why does everything have to change?

Yeah, I saw that today too, it's pretty ridiculous. I was concerned I'd failed to notice it up-front (I wouldn't have signed up if those were the only options!), but nope, sounds like they just bait-and-switched us. I actually have had $20 in Starbucks since mid-January from a White Elephant party at work, back when you could do things like that (things like "seeing your coworkers in person), that I'm not sure when I'll ever use it (at the time, I figured it'd come in handy for traveling, either car trips or at airports, but I'm not sure when those things will come back.) In any case, I certainly wouldn't value $5 in Starbucks as worth anything like $5, whereas I'd value $5 in Amazon relatively close to $5 (not quite, but close). Walmart's just a joke, I wouldn't touch that. 

I just can't complain too much, since they also cost me almost no time - if it was a survey site that I'd spent any amount of time on, I'd be way angrier about it. Still too bad, though.

I belonged to it for two years and never did anything.  There was nothing for me to do, so I deleted the bookmark.  Glad someone else is getting stuff done with them.

55 minutes ago, sageandcinnamon said:

Amazon is back on their redemption page. I just cashed out for one. :)

Thanks

I think I'm heading there now to cash out

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, sageandcinnamon said:

Amazon is back on their redemption page. I just cashed out for one. :)

Oh good thank you for letting us know 

On 6/29/2020 at 9:45 AM, Lurkergirl said:

I am a member of the survey site memorable moment   but I noticed that their reward program is now pathetic .I cannot cash out to often there ,but last time I did I snagged an Amazon gift code ,I saw I had enough points to cash out again ,but now they had 2 options  Starbucks ( which no thanks not something I would use ) and Walmart ( not my favorite place to go ) and that was it . I am thinking seriously that if this is all they are going to offer ,I think I will only finish up the year ,( They have this thing were you record cards sent for the year and if you finish the year you get bonus points and since I am 1/2 way done ,I figure may as well finish out the year ,and hope they bring back better rewards .If not then I will just get the Walmart one and just be done with  it.

I agree, that Memorable Moments are in decline. I sent a request to stop pestering me to visit every day. Most days I do, because I bookmark my survey haunts and visit numerous times daily. However, some days I'm distracted and don't want an annoying reminder email.  Y'all should always pester support about a panel's shortcomings and ask they escalate your feedback to a project manager.  Support generally only cares about meeting their metrics, that's how they keep the job, so add a little extra to make sure the managers know what's going on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, schludermann said:

I agree, that Memorable Moments are in decline. I sent a request to stop pestering me to visit every day. Most days I do, because I bookmark my survey haunts and visit numerous times daily. However, some days I'm distracted and don't want an annoying reminder email.  Y'all should always pester support about a panel's shortcomings and ask they escalate your feedback to a project manager.  Support generally only cares about meeting their metrics, that's how they keep the job, so add a little extra to make sure the managers know what's going on.

I get this email about how they accidentally added points and that they now removed the extra points ,well I logged in and I now have 0 points , I sent an email because they should not have taken all my points .I am fed up with them ,if they do not get back to me ,I am just going to quit them ,the survey is boring any way  but to take all my points is wrong .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lurkergirl said:

I get this email about how they accidentally added points and that they now removed the extra points ,well I logged in and I now have 0 points , I sent an email because they should not have taken all my points .I am fed up with them ,if they do not get back to me ,I am just going to quit them ,the survey is boring any way  but to take all my points is wrong .

I had the exact same thing happen to me. They emailed saying I was over-credited and when I went to check they took out 400  points and left me with zero.  :(

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, sageandcinnamon said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me. They emailed saying I was over-credited and when I went to check they took out 400  points and left me with zero.  :(

Me too all my points are gone ,I emailed them  over it , I do not understand taking them all since I did the survey things 

• Sad 1

This happened to me as well and the rather arcane, internal jargon that "Christina" used was not helpful either. But once the scoring is laid out sequentially through the year it is obvious what happened. I highlited the periods where the extra credit appeared and subsequently subtracted from the account. I lost 400 points too and I'm currently at ZERO. Memorable moments are around $10 a year and not worth this aggravation. I'll be discontinuing activity after the year finished out. 

Correction of accidental addition of points (Time period 2 & 4)

-400 points

Participation in survey August 31 - September 9 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey June 24 – July 5 Closeout Survey

+350 points

Participation in survey May 13 - May 25 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey February 18 – April 12 Closeout Survey

+350 points

Participation in survey January 1 - February 17 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Completion of 7 Time Periods

+700 points

Participation in survey Hallmark Panel: Household Profile Recruitment Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey November 1 – December 31 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Bonus Points Award

+500 points

Participation in survey August 30 - October 31 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Completion of 5 Time Periods

+300 points

Participation in survey June 19 – August 29 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey May 15 - June 18 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey April 24 – May 14 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey Feb 19- April 23 Closeout Survey

+150 points

Participation in survey Jan 1 – Feb 18 Purchase Diary/Closeout Survey

+100 points

Registration

+100 points

Below Are the Time Periods for activity

Time Period

Date of Purchases

Closeout Period

(when the closeout survey will be available)

1 - 2020

1/1 – 2/17

2/18 – 3/2

2 - 2020

2/18 – 4/12

4/13 – 4/26

3 - 2020

4/13 – 5/12

5/13 – 5/25

4 - 2020

5/13 – 6/23

6/24 – 7/5