MoM

1957horses

Called MOM I wrote this about a year after my mom had a stroke and by then she was in her own little world

To watch a parent a mother, your hero, who you went to for everything sadly isn't grasping what she is being told. It's hard to watch your mentor, the one who raised me, feed me, disciplined, helped make snowmen and snowball fights start slip away. To decline into herself not knowing the time of day. When as a teenager and were out to late she would be sitting on the front porch waiting for me to get home. Or a mothers arms that hugged you when you were sad, that now doesn't, even know. How it breaks my heart to see her like this. Hands that combed my hair I now comb hers, and gnarly fingers sometimes grabs my hand and looking at her I see an old lady smiling at me, and I wonder where is my mom at, why has time taken her beauty, her loving face and replaced it a silly toothless smile, and gray lifeless hair and a frail body with skin so thin I'm afraid to push to hard on it while bathing her. So now I give her what ever she wants to eat, I buy her little suprisiesys, and her delight as she looks at it. I have to changer her pants when they get wet just like she did mine our rolls reversed. I am grateful to my mom, because I am adopted. I was wanted, and now it is me to return the love she gave to me. I love and miss you mom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So beautiful

I know your feeling I  lost my mother 3 years ago she was my Best Friend

A day doesn't go by that I don't think of her

So sorry for your loss

• Like 3

1957Horses, that is a beautiful and poignant poem. I have tears. I cannot imagine how difficult it has been for you, and I’m so sorry for your loss. 

• Like 2

Thank You so much. I think the worse part was after her fall that was it. Hospital sent her back home and she was in so much pain and couldn't tell us where. Had hospice came on that Friday and Sunday she took her last painful breath. If she had not fallen she would maybe lived a year longer she was only 94. and that early for her women side of the family. Her Grandmother lived to 104 and had 16 children and her mom my Nana was 102, (she also was called home in my home) 

• Like 2

1957Horses, you have such a good heart.  You took care of her so you knew the quality of care that she would receive.  God love you!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I'm new to this forum... and I was checking old threads so that's how I found this post.. It was very beautiful every single word that you wrote about your beautiful mother. It was a very touching message... Just like you are lucky to have her as a mom in the same way I think she's lucky of having you in her life. God bless you and your family.