zoom pause

1957horses

Hey SurveyPolice friends,

I need help. I was to do a focus group today on zoom but the dog on zoom kept pausing every 35 seconds for 10 seconds.

And guy had to let me go, I missed out on $50.

I do not know how to fix this!!

PLEASE  anyone know how to fix this???

I really need to fix it, I have another one in 2 days.

Sometimes this is caused by "buffering" the software is waiting for enough data to do the next step. if this is the only site this issue has occurred, it maybe some through-put issue between the two nodes. Check your software, update if necessary,  install software that measures your connection speed. Since these are valuable, I suggest creating a dedicated user account on the computer solely for the purpose of zoom chatting. no email, no FB, no surfing, just what is needed and zoom. When you are going to undertake a session, log out of your regular account and switch to the account just for video. Of course you'll have to get the video conference session information in to the account somehow.  Sharing address information, through A cloud based note system would allow you to do this.

• Like 1

Um ok I have absolutely no idea how to do what your telling me. I do however understand about buffering, and i don't know if this issue has occurred on what??

And yes this zoom thing did the same thing last week. Would you maybe think I should delete zoom then reinstall it again??

I saw some program wanted money to fix it with a free week. But from past knowledge on these programs it will cost money no matter if you want out of it. I almost did the pay thing to get back into the focus group.  I need hand-holding to go about how to do it. 

Thank You so much for helping me.

I'm just seeing this so I hope you got some help. For the future, if you have a smartphone you can always try that. Do you have a Chromebook? I do and it works terribly with Zoom. It freezes to the point where I started using my 10-year-old's laptop if I needed to be on Zoom.