Ipsos - new platform ?

footfree

Or what do you call it - you click to do a survey it starts asking questions then it says you qualify and then starts in.However you don't know how many points you are getting until you have completed it.Not a fan of this. Has anyone else seen the change?

I've seen this from time to time for some time. :lol:

But it's always been an outlier, and the vast majority of surveys have indicated the points to be earned before starting the survey. Hope this doesn't become the standard there. Most certainly it will drop them way down my list. :sad:

18 hours ago, sp1 said:

I haven't seen it yet. Would you share the Ipsos New Platform link with me ? I'd like to visit their website.

Hasn't changed.....www.i-say.com

The site hasn't changed, but the survey delivery format has somewhat.  Ipsos has always had some invitations that are generic, making you go through a string of qualifiers to various surveys in addition to ones with stated points up front.  The new invites make it hard do distinguish between the specific surveys with up front points and the qualifier strings.  I noticed the recent change to Opinion Outpost do something similar.  On the latter it's now harder to see what the actual up-front points are before you click on the survey invitation.

Both of these changes are probably to get more respondents to take the surveys.  Like others I want to know the compensation value up front so I don't waste my time on "cheap" surveys.  The panels want the opposite, thus they try to be cleaver and trick you into doing those surveys with less compensation.

• Like 2

Sounds like you've gotten into their survey router. If this is the case, then it's not a new thing - their survey managers have had the option to enable routing for a specific survey for a long time. They just rarely do it. :smile:

9 hours ago, jberri12 said:

The site hasn't changed, but the survey delivery format has somewhat.  Ipsos has always had some invitations that are generic, making you go through a string of qualifiers to various surveys in addition to ones with stated points up front.  The new invites make it hard do distinguish between the specific surveys with up front points and the qualifier strings.  I noticed the recent change to Opinion Outpost do something similar.  On the latter it's now harder to see what the actual up-front points are before you click on the survey invitation.

Both of these changes are probably to get more respondents to take the surveys.  Like others I want to know the compensation value up front so I don't waste my time on "cheap" surveys.  The panels want the opposite, thus they try to be cleaver and trick you into doing those surveys with less compensation.

Thank you - that's it exactly it, just didn't know the correct way to say it. Not a fan of this either.

• 1 month later...

I recently just tried signing up for this company on Friday. The very next day, I got a message that my account was closed because my demographics didn't match their desires.  Very shady company! I also noticed their reviews on here are mostly poor. A company that just closes your account on a whim is not one to be trusted.

• Like 1