EVIDENCE OF STALE AND UNMAINTAINED SURVEYS

schludermann

Folks,

Some of Y'all may find this observation interesting. The mobile provider Virgin Mobile shut down over six months ago. However, they continue to be included in surveys about Cell providers.

Has any one else notice high latency with survey panels keeping their surveys up to date and find obvious out of date questions included for a long time?

I also notice this about electric cars and Tesla as a selection for a manufacturer in automotive surveys. I started doing surveys in 2015 and didn't see this acknowledgment by including electric cars until 2019. I also noticed that the car maintenance surveys still don't have selections for electric car. For some reason, these yokels think that people change the oil on electric cars.

What are your experience with these out of date surveys?

Kris

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Numerous times lately I've done surveys that ask me if I would support Nevada legalizing recreational use of marijuana if the question is on the November ballot. WTH?!? Rec pot has been legal in Nevada for over three years already!

And then there's usually a question in those same surveys that ask about my support for raising the Nevada state income tax. We don't have one! At least not yet. :51_scream:

If I'm the company/organization paying for this slop, I would not be happy. :92_thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I noticed the Virgin Mobile thing too, because I had them before I was switched to Boost Mobile. Still seeing many surveys where they list Virgin Mobile. It’s been a few months since the switch over, so these survey sites need to get with the program. I just roll my eyes when I see these. They are brain dead enough and clueless without being behind the times.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, I noticed the Virgin Mobile thing too, because I had them before I was switched to Boost Mobile.

I switched from Virgin to Visible, $25 a month unlimited everything, including hotspot. I've never been throttled and can easily do 50GB of data a month.

• Like 1

Yes, it's amazing (and sad). I still see occasional reminders in surveys of one of my favorite grocery store chains (Fresh & Easy), which completely went out of business in 2015. It's crazy.

• Like 2