Support ticket is as useful as a chocolate teapot

Bal

Can someone please explain to me the point of support tickets. They are a complete waste of time in my experience.

I recently did a survey that was so boring that I had to keep slapping myself to stay awake, this bloody thing took me 30mins to complete, I did the whole thing until the end, took a screenshot of the survey that said 100 % completed and thank you at the end. Then I got the dreaded sorry survey not a good fit, or something like that. 

As you can imagine I was furious. I sent a support ticket, got the usual nonsense back, some surveys don't credit straight away, sometimes survey companies are looking for different people, the classic we don't get paid if you don't get paid, the same old crap. Sent them the screenshot as proof and they still didn't do anything. Just a waste of time even bothering to email them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think it depends on the survey company. Most survey companies don’t do squat when they say they are doing a support ticket. A lot of times it’s a canned response that is just an excuse. Point Club is notorious for doing this. Forthright is another bad one. Usually I just roll my eyes when I see the whole “support ticket” thing because know it will be total bs. But I don’t blame you for being pissed after spending 30 minutes on a survey, got the completion screen, and the company still screws you out of points. You could try BBB. I’ve used them a couple of times when I felt my time was wasted and I was being screwed over. If you saved the screenshot, try them, www.bbb.org. 

If the survey company is consistently doing this to you, dump them. They’re not worth your time.

• Like 1

After you've done enough support tickets, you'll be clued into all the ways "support" deflects help requests. Just like you outlined, these are often "Canned replies". Canned replies are an electronic equivalent of FU when used indiscriminately and most are. I actually had involvement doing this when I provided iTunes store order support for a while. I detested relying on canned replies and would always customize the content to fit the person I was supporting. However, most support is production based and there are metrics and quotas to meet, and that's what keeps their jobs, so you'll get this crap.  So I recommend you have your own Canned content already lined up when submitting a ticket. Include in the support ticket, you have tossed all your cookies, deleted browser history, tried another SUPPORTED web browser, ) there may actually be a "supported web browser" statement some place on the website), your computer and software are up to date, you are not using any blockers or cookie managers, and if they have a mobile app, tell them it doesn't work either.  The positioning that the survey can't pay you, until they in turn get paid is a likely a load of crap.  You may be able to force a reply with a BBB complaint. If you really want to rattle someone's cage, figure out the parent company and determine which professional agencies that they subscribe too and send a complaint to the professional organization. I had to do this to TAP Research through an ESOMAR complaint. I got a quick response from upper management and the issue was resolved.

I imagine some the other seasoned survey veterans can contribute some insight to this type of nonsupport and the junk replies that have come back and altogether craft our own universal canned reply when submitting a ticket.

• Like 1

Thanks for both of your replies. I did actually send an email to the survey company. It was a water melon survey on a Yuno router, but I still haven't heard anything back.

Funny thing is, the survey site used to give me a promo code for the missing credits and their support used to be really good, but since this covid 19 started they are useless.

I would get rid of this site but it's my best earner, next time this happens I may well have to get in touch with the BBB.