Yougov delay paypal payment

simonray

Hi

just checked whether anybody else got this email from YouGov, for delay paypal payment, i just notice that the change the paypal payment delivery from 4 week to 6 weeks and now they add 2-3 weeks delay

Dear valued member,

We hope you are well. We are contacting you regarding your YouGov points redemption.
Regrettably, due to an additional security step we have to implement, we are currently experiencing a 2 to 3 week delay in order to process PayPal payments. We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience and want to assure you that we are working on it with the highest priority.
In the meantime, we know you have worked hard to redeem those points and would like to offer you an additional 500 points that will automatically be added to your account.

Again, we apologise for this delay and thank you very much for your understanding.

Best wishes,
The YouGov Team

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. I didn’t get an email from YouGov on this. No way I’m waiting that long for PayPal. I’ll choose some other form of payment if I have to. I think it’s pretty ridiculous that they have a delay that lengthy. They should do what Pinecone did and just take PayPal off the board until they fix themselves.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's just PayPal I cashed out a couple weeks ago for a GC even though they say 6 weeks I have always received it in a couple weeks but haven't received it yet so will see how long before I receive it.

• Like 1

YouGov is also so slow with sending gift cards. Why have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive a physical card when an e-giftcard can be sent immediately? And waiting so long for PayPal? Several sites I use transfer money to my PayPal immediately. Don't get it. :92_thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only do YouGov for Gift cards and the payout process is a week or so for a digital gift card. However, for me, getting to the top payout tier typically takes 18 months.  Since I rarely get the reward directly for the survey panel, and typically a 3rd party provider, there may be some undisclosed difficulties processing the rewards.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:19 AM, dawn_b_adams said:

Thanks for posting this. I didn’t get an email from yougov on this. No way I’m waiting that long for PayPal. I’ll choose some other form of payment if I have to. I think it’s pretty ridiculous that they have a delay that lengthy. They should do what Pinecone did and just take PayPal off the board until they fix themselves.

maybe if you have cashout request you will get the message, my last paypal cash out on march only took 3 weeks

Hey! :lol: I've been following this thread, and I just realized I don't even have an option at YouGov to cash out by PayPal. As far as cash, the only option I have is a bank transfer. What gives?!? :?:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NevadaJones said:

Hey! :lol: I've been following this thread, and I just realized I don't even have an option at yougov to cash out by PayPal. As far as cash, the only option I have is a bank transfer. What gives?!? :?:

I will have to check but I don't think I have PayPal option either

• Like 1

Yes I also got the email about the extra delay in payment to PayPal accounts...but the funny thing is, they had paid it the same day I got the email saying there was a delay?  @NevadaJones, I don't see any section where I can have rewards paid into my bank account, just PayPal, or gift cards.

I also noticed, that instead of $25AU, the payment was $24.90AU?  I have noticed this in the past as well when redeeming from YouGov, so I'm wondering if it is PayPal taking a little from the payment or is it something to do with currency exchange rates ?

I also agree that the time length for survey companies to be paying rewards is now way too long, and I am in the process of culling a lot of survey sites now because of the time it takes to get payments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gandalf1 said:

Yes I also got the email about the extra delay in payment to PayPal accounts...but the funny thing is, they had paid it the same day I got the email saying there was a delay?  @NevadaJones, I don't see any section where I can have rewards paid into my bank account, just PayPal, or gift cards.

I also noticed, that instead of $25AU, the payment was $24.90AU?  I have noticed this in the past as well when redeeming from yougov, so I'm wondering if it is PayPal taking a little from the payment or is it something to do with currency exchange rates ?

I also agree that the time length for survey companies to be paying rewards is now way too long, and I am in the process of culling a lot of survey sites now because of the time it takes to get payments.

when did you get the payment? 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:09 AM, Gandalf1 said:

@SimonRay Got my payment 30.07.2020 and as I said, it wasn't for the full amount, $24.90 is what was paid into my paypal

paypal fee 

• 3 weeks later...

I have redeemed points since June 14 and have not received money yet.  Ask, they keep answering paypal error.  Then wait again.  Don't know how long.