Sign in to follow this  
episemion

SurveySavvy Partner Surveys

episemion

Anyone else here do the Partner Surveys at SurveySavvy? Have you also been getting the following when you try:

Your connection isn't secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration that might expose your personal information when it's sent to this site (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

episemion

So far , no change , even though they acknowledged the issue and the site was "down for maintenance". Can someone verify the error and send them a support ticket? I get the same issue in Edge , Firefox , and Chrome , so it is not a browser issue. 

Thanks.

schludermann

I'm not surprised this happened with SurveySavvy, I dropped this panel years ago because they demonstrated repeat incompetency, support was so bad, I don't think they could troubleshoot getting out of a wet paper sack. This alert happens when a website lets their "SSL certificate'" expire and your webrowser is alerting you to take notice. The electronic certificate is a service by an independent security company that has verified that a particular site is genuine. This helps with safer browsing, because the site identity has not been compromised. This happened to me recently on Survey Round Table and it took over a month to be resolved.  You most likely could use the website, but you would have to manually override the automatic lock outs each time. Also, all information you send, such as username and password are in the open and not encrypted.  A valid SSL certificate causes the little lock symbol in the address bar to appear, it means encrypted connection.

Here's more explanation on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_authority

• Like 2

episemion

I know what SSL does. Been in computers of all kinds since 1979. I was hoping someone (or several) could send support tickets to get their attention.

jberri12

I sent in a ticket to notify them.  Specifically, it's the server media.surveysavvy.com (probably serves up the graphics/video content for their surveys) that's throwing the error.  And it's an "SSL out of date" error, meaning that the SSL software on that server is old.  If you click on advanced and continue, the site is still encrypted, it's just that the version of the software used to do the encryption has a higher probability of being hacked because it's older.  Hopefully they will correct the problem sooner than later.  All it's doing is discouraging their users from doing partner surveys, since I said in my support message.

episemion
18 hours ago, jberri12 said:

I sent in a ticket to notify them.  Specifically, it's the server media.surveysavvy.com (probably serves up the graphics/video content for their surveys) that's throwing the error.  And it's an "SSL out of date" error, meaning that the SSL software on that server is old.  If you click on advanced and continue, the site is still encrypted, it's just that the version of the software used to do the encryption has a higher probability of being hacked because it's older.  Hopefully they will correct the problem sooner than later.  All it's doing is discouraging their users from doing partner surveys, since I said in my support message.

Thanks. Maybe with more users complaining , they will do something about it. 

episemion

Received an email on Wednesday that said they are working on the issue.