SurveySavvy Partner Surveys

episemion

Anyone else here do the Partner Surveys at SurveySavvy? Have you also been getting the following when you try:

Your connection isn't secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration that might expose your personal information when it's sent to this site (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

So far , no change , even though they acknowledged the issue and the site was "down for maintenance". Can someone verify the error and send them a support ticket? I get the same issue in Edge , Firefox , and Chrome , so it is not a browser issue. 

Thanks.

I'm not surprised this happened with SurveySavvy, I dropped this panel years ago because they demonstrated repeat incompetency, support was so bad, I don't think they could troubleshoot getting out of a wet paper sack. This alert happens when a website lets their "SSL certificate'" expire and your webrowser is alerting you to take notice. The electronic certificate is a service by an independent security company that has verified that a particular site is genuine. This helps with safer browsing, because the site identity has not been compromised. This happened to me recently on Survey Round Table and it took over a month to be resolved.  You most likely could use the website, but you would have to manually override the automatic lock outs each time. Also, all information you send, such as username and password are in the open and not encrypted.  A valid SSL certificate causes the little lock symbol in the address bar to appear, it means encrypted connection.

Here's more explanation on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_authority

• Like 2

I know what SSL does. Been in computers of all kinds since 1979. I was hoping someone (or several) could send support tickets to get their attention.

I sent in a ticket to notify them.  Specifically, it's the server media.surveysavvy.com (probably serves up the graphics/video content for their surveys) that's throwing the error.  And it's an "SSL out of date" error, meaning that the SSL software on that server is old.  If you click on advanced and continue, the site is still encrypted, it's just that the version of the software used to do the encryption has a higher probability of being hacked because it's older.  Hopefully they will correct the problem sooner than later.  All it's doing is discouraging their users from doing partner surveys, since I said in my support message.

18 hours ago, jberri12 said:

I sent in a ticket to notify them.  Specifically, it's the server media.surveysavvy.com (probably serves up the graphics/video content for their surveys) that's throwing the error.  And it's an "SSL out of date" error, meaning that the SSL software on that server is old.  If you click on advanced and continue, the site is still encrypted, it's just that the version of the software used to do the encryption has a higher probability of being hacked because it's older.  Hopefully they will correct the problem sooner than later.  All it's doing is discouraging their users from doing partner surveys, since I said in my support message.

Thanks. Maybe with more users complaining , they will do something about it. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, darkshadow0001 said:

I do them every now and then.  So far no issues for me. 

Are you getting the following message:

Your connection isn't secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration that might expose your personal information when it's sent to this site (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

If not , what browser are you using and how old is it.

Still getting the message with the newest versions of Edge , Firefox , and Chrome on a Windows 10 system. They say they are aware of the issue still. Just nothing seems to be done about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, darkshadow0001 said:

I just use the latest version of Firefox.  I don't do surveys everyday from SurveySavvy but I've doing them regularly and receive my checks on time.

This issue with the SSL being outdated only affects the sites Partner Surveys , not the normal ones. When you go to the SurveySavvy site , on the main screen should be a list of surveys. The Partner Surveys all have the number 302940 on them. When one is clicked on , it takes you to a router site and that is where the error occurs.

I know.  I do the Partner Surveys mainly through my emails they send me.  Every now and then they send me the Partner Surveys link and say "Make up to $20 a day with Partner Surveys".  I never had anything not working when I did it through there.

Was just there using Firefox 80.0.1 and tried one of the Partner Surveys in the "Your Available Surveys" list. The following error message comes up:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to media.surveysavvy.com. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

What version of Firefox are you using and on what OS? I gather that you only do them via the email invite and not off the list at the site?

I am using 80.0.1 (latest version) of Firefox, and yes I most of the time do the surveys through emails.  I just tried clicking on some of the links on the site and the only error messages I received was either I have already done the survey, or they are performing maintenance on the survey.  I also use Windows 10. Have you tried running a virus progam? Maybe there is that kind of issue somewhere.

22 hours ago, darkshadow0001 said:

I am using 80.0.1 (latest version) of Firefox, and yes I most of the time do the surveys through emails.  I just tried clicking on some of the links on the site and the only error messages I received was either I have already done the survey, or they are performing maintenance on the survey.  I also use Windows 10. Have you tried running a virus progam? Maybe there is that kind of issue somewhere.

Yes , the system has been scanned for viruses a couple days ago and is 100% clean. Same for malware. The error is at the site and they have stated that they are aware of it and are working on it. The issue is that the SSL version on that part of the site is out of date and needs to be brought up to date. I suspect that since you are doing the Partner Surveys from the emails and completing them , there would be none waiting on the site under Available Surveys. I have always skipped the email invite for the Partner Surveys and done them off the list on the site when i had spare time. I'll see if the results are different when I get another invite and try from there.