Quick Thoughts - Goodbye

jberri12

I finally gave them the heave-ho.  After having my account suspended for the 2nd time in a month, no more.  In fact this time when I inquired they said it was a permanent suspension (canned reply).  I lost $17 in incentives, but I don't care.  I blame their fraud detection software for this, as it seems to automatically flag accounts if there are IP address changes, or some narrow set of parameters based on speed and accuracy.

I put a negative review on Google Play stating the above, calling out Dynata specifically, and found that almost all the recent reviews were just like mine.  They must be losing respondents right and left.  It's a shame, because I was making pretty good incentives off the app, but good riddance.  

• Sad 2

Same here. I was banned in 2018. Then 2 years later I logged in on a new phone and viola, taking surveys again.

This is the problem I have with them. Long winded boring surveys. You can only do them on mobile devices and some of those surveys are simply not practical on a phone. You need a wider screen. But if you use a different internet, you're at the library or Starbucks, they think you're deceptive and will ban you.

All they give is Amazon gift cards and Itunes. Amazon has become a joke. My last three orders have taken 2 weeks to get to my house. The only thing I receive from Amazon quickly is a kindle book. How many of those can I read? It'd be different if they had PayPal. 

I got kicked off of E-Rewards as well a couple of months ago. Had $40 in my account and banned me for absolutely no reason. Some AI bot just giving me the same answers over and over again like a parrot. Now mind you ER has a lot of those long winded surveys as well. Mind numbingly boring with those tiny dots over and over again. Not to mention the stupid IQ tests. 

The only surveys I do now are the ones with Google. You get google pay credit. All the others besides ER and QT (like One Opinion, Univox and Ipsos Isay I fired a long time ago). I think the days of my survey taking is over. It was a good run while it lasted. The long winded boring surveys (many of which I've fallen asleep in the middle of doing), the constant threat of being cancelled and the lack of good rewards just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. They lost a good survey slave with me. On to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

I get your frustration.  In the past year I kicked One Opinion, Branded, and LifePoints all to the curb.  I'm not ready to give up yet, but I am focused on panels with the most return for effort expended.

By the way, Quick Thoughts sent a non-canned reply to my goodbye service ticket response, still claiming the "quality" of my responses was the cause of my banishment, which is a load of excrement.  As I said before, good riddance.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, jberri12 said:

I finally gave them the heave-ho.  After having my account suspended for the 2nd time in a month, no more.  In fact this time when I inquired they said it was a permanent suspension (canned reply).  I lost $17 in incentives, but I don't care.  I blame their fraud detection software for this, as it seems to automatically flag accounts if there are IP address changes, or some narrow set of parameters based on speed and accuracy. 8 ball pool

I put a negative review on Google Play stating the above, calling out Dynata specifically, and found that almost all the recent reviews were just like mine.  They must be losing respondents right and left.  It's a shame, because I was making pretty good incentives off the app, but good riddance.  

From my own experience and other people I've suggested QuickThoughts to: it appears QT typically suspends the account upon first payout. Especially if you are not consistently and frequently doing surveys every day. The most common excuse they use is due to "inconsistent activity" or "logins from too many ip address" ( said in more legal words ). However simply e-mailing them typically helps after a few back and forths.

I strongly suggest to those emailing QT to be polite, civil, and maintain your story. If you don't consistently do surverys, say so. If you use QT from multiple locations, tell them.

The first two responses you get may likely be them sending a canned response about terms and conditions. Just be persistent and professional.

• 5 months later...

I got banned in December and it’s especially bad because I had over $300 in my balance. I really should not have hoarded like that. Same thing with iPoll

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, wobbles said:

wow.. cash out as soon as you can!!  you just never know!

Exactly, whether they get bought out or kick you out...always cash out quickly, lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I agree, definitely cash out as soon as possible! You just never know what will happen with these survey sites.

• Like 1