Qualtrics

trevorpee

Does anyone else's heart sink when you start a survey and it takes you to a Qualtrics abomination? The particular ones I'm thinking of ask you to evaluate about 40 companies against a number of questions. Some of these survey companies are so inept. Can't they appreciate that sending participants into a near-comatose state will affect the quality of any data they collect?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I never seem to qualify for anything from Qualtrics. I’m to the point now where if it’s a Qualtrics survey, I just X out. Not wasting my time on them. 

I know the one you mean.  I have been doing it 3-4 times a week for over a year.  At least the companies are different each time.  I guess they don't care if people do it over and over again.  

On 8/19/2020 at 3:54 PM, trevorpee said:

Does anyone else's heart sink when you start a survey and it takes you to a Qualtrics abomination? The particular ones I'm thinking of ask you to evaluate about 40 companies against a number of questions. Some of these survey companies are so inept. Can't they appreciate that sending participants into a near-comatose state will affect the quality of any data they collect?

It depends on the Survey from Qualtrics. A good portion surveys that are fielded by Qualtrics are entirely client created, and Qualtrics is just managing the participants.  I actually pressed Qualtrics support on the lousy surveys that are sometimes fielded and the tidbit that they are just providing the survey presentation and panelist management was revealed. This is often the case for the EDU surveys and for some survey authors English is not the primary language. You can tell more about the company by scanning the Survey domain URL in the browser address bar.  There are radioactive clients of Qualtrics, and those I abort once I recognize the URL or find evidence of these clients in the TOS/privacy statement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1