Survey sites that want people who are bigwigs

dawn_b_adams

Has anyone else run into this phenomenon? I’ve seen so many surveys across many survey sites where they want someone who is an executive, usually a CEO, CFO, etc of a company that has hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. For something like a $0.75 survey. Yeah right. Like the average highly paid executive of a major company is going to just happen to sign up for a survey site and fill out a survey for pennies. Just no. And anyone who answers in the affirmative for these surveys is pretty likely lying through their teeth. Why in the world would survey sites even think these surveys are legit? I came across one today through Survey Cube. Unbelievable. 

This just adds to my thoughts that these survey sites are not only nasty to their long suffering survey takers, but dishonest and unreliable for their multi million dollar clients. I think they’re making it up as they go along. Total scam. Because if they’re passing on the kind of info from these surveys, I would think it wouldn’t be worth a pile of cow dung. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Been seeing those for some time now. Always wondered how they figured anyone earning big bucks would even be doing such surveys. 

• Like 3

I agree. I am not working now so have time to do surveys. When I worked I could not have spent  a lot of time on the computer for a few pennies. I could see doing it for a break in a routine. 

• Like 2

I've heard that specialized invite only survey panels do exist for certain professions, where the surveys actually pay big bucks   Maybe these surveys are just fishing to see if they can find anyone suitable, maybe through referrals.  

I've seen them too, a little bit more frequently lately

• Like 1

Hilarious isn't it. I'm a CEO of a successful company, earning a 5 figure salary and going to be filling out surveys for $0.75 while I'm lounging by my pool. As if they would waste their time doing this.

I feel them out and half the time I get them, f**k em. They scam me enough so I can get my own back by giving them fake info and get the reward.

• Haha 1

Marketing companies that commission  surveys with such audience specificity and then use consumer panels to field the surveys, show how low regard there is for the panelist community.  The JD powers surveys were often like this and I just abort JD powers surveys when they come up. Often the qualification questions would ask for company revenue and the lowest annual revenue was a million, up to several billion and no selections below it. I tried a number of panels, example Opinion Bureau or MOBROG and they were a total waste of time. If the panels that fielded these surveys would just use the panelist profiles, there would be much less of this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Has anyone else run into this phenomenon?

Just got this on Tellwut, I was offered the equivalent of $1 to provide this information, including personal details.

I was thinking, perhaps there are situations when these high value individuals go "slumming" with the teeming minions.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.05.36 AM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1