Use my dang profile, PLEASE! OpinioQuest & Daynata take notice

schludermann

I'm really ticked about all the panels that are really just fronts for routers and fielding irrelevant surveys. This morning, the 6th, I visited Opinioquest with hopes of accumulating enough rewards to cashout.  OpinioQuest stopped sending invitations after I complained about being sent to a survey panel to just join, no survey at all and since I was a member already, I screened out and wasn't granted the nominal honorarium. I got a support transcript out of that that I can use.  When I get ticked, I do research and start to write. What follows is the complaint I sent to the recipient panel that wasted my time. I'll post progress.

I'm in texas and I was selected to complete a survey about Michigan hospitals. The survey panels that fielded this survey are Daynata and OpinioQuest. Both of these panels have profiles on me that specifically place me in Austin, Texas.

I completed the survey and was greeted with the message from OpinioQuest,  "Thanks for trying! We have credited your account with 0 Points , at this point your profile does not match to the pre-requisites for this survey, but we will send more survey opportunities for you to get exciting rewards."

No wonder! I'm in Texas.  

It is obvious, escalent is in  the business of collecting information from individuals and not paying for it. This is unethical conduct and I will report it. So far I have determined that your organization is a member of several compliance organizations, QRCA, ESOMAR and CASRO to start. Since the escalent managers like to make the marketing conference circuit. I'll no doubt dig up more organizations to report this unprofessional conduct too. BTW, OpinioQuest and Daynata have terrible reputations in the panelist community, you may want to consider due diligence with the Panels that field your surveys.  Among other unethical activities, these panels throttle panelists that report problems. Lastly, I'm sending a copy of this to OpinioQuest,  Daynata and posting to SurveyPolice.  

PS: escalent, would have likely never heard from me, if the escalent conducted its self honestly and transparently with the panelist community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is one of my pet peeves. These survey companies make you fill out a profile with all kinds of questions. Then when you check out which surveys are available and try to take one, it has absolutely nothing to do with the information you gave in your profile. Why spend all that time filling out a profile if they aren’t going to even come close to matching what is on your profile? This has happened in every survey panel I belong to except for Prolific and Paidviewpoint. Those two actually use your profile information and don’t waste your time, nor do they screen you out. 

Please keep us posted on your progress with this. I’d like to see all these huge survey conglomerates taken down and put out of business for their sketchy practices. 

• Like 1

Well, Opinioquest definitely does not like my take on the panelist abuse. I apprised them of this post via a ticket. Since there hasn't been a response to the ticket, I tried to login and discovered my account "has been reported" and I have to contact admin. I am not surprised. As a result of my prior complaints of panelist abuse, Opinioquest downgraded the quality rating of my account and my screen out after that was over 99.9%.  So, based on their use of shills, and retaliatory actions against vocal panelists, they themselves are of particularly low quality. 

• Sad 2