WARNING - sale of data!!!

oldchap

Had invite from Opini (Opinion Bar), went on link & as often "No surveys available". But I noticed on the home page a link headed "Do Not Sell Info" (see picture). Intrigued I clicked on link & got to a page stating 

"You may use this form to submit requests under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to opt out of the sale of your personal information, delete your personal information, or know about your personal information that we have collected, disclosed or sold. While we are only required to provide this option and service to members in California or the European Union, we will honor requests from all members in all states and countries."

So it appears when I joined, by default i gave permission for my data to be sold to anyone, to stop I need to complete the form and opt out !!! Incredible as Opini's front page states "Give your opinion and get paid
And no spam... Promise!"

I wonder how many others have this clause hidden away

IMG_2951.PNG

IMG_2955.PNG

• Like 1

I would say they all do.  I get more junk everyday.  I am allowed to block 1200 addresses.  I get that many in a week.  Do they change one thing in their address and then I keep getting stuff. 

• Like 2