Did anybody get a political survey from clear voice?

NFriday

I just got an email from Clear Voice about a political survey from Clear Voice.  I answered a few questions, and I got accepted for the survey.  It is going to take place tomorrow 9/23 at 5:00 pm.  It is going to take about 20 minutes, and for the first ten minutes you have to interact with somebody who has an opposite view on politics.  It sounds like if you tell them you are a Democrat they match you with somebody who is a Republican, and both people have to state their views on things.  You then spend 10 minutes filling out a survey about how your interaction went.  You get paid $5 for this.  Did anybody else get this?  I am kind of nervous about this.

• Like 1

That sounds pretty interesting. I haven’t received anything like that, but I’d go for $5 to argue with someone opposite of me on the political spectrum. After all, I argue frequently with my youngest sister about politics, and don’t get paid for it. :) She plays dirty pool though. She tag teams with her boyfriend, and then it’s two against one. I hold my own though. So I say if they want to pay you for arguing with someone, go for it! 

• Thanks 1

I did, but I'm not going to take part. Normally, I can have an argument with Satan HISSELF...and win! But, I'm on the fence with this election. Although, I've been a Republican & pride myself for NEVER missing an election in 40 years, I don't like either one of them. I know a lot about Trump & Kamala Harris (she was Atty General for Calif), I don't know that much about Biden--at least not enough to critique a political discussion. But for $5, I'd go for it if I was you. What have you got to lose?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did the survey, and it was not that bad.  I live in the Chicago area, but the guy they paired me with lives in Southern Cal.  and he told me that he has had wildfires on two different occasions in his neighborhood, and he has lost several friends to the virus.  He was actually nice.  He did not jump down my throat.  It was a Qualtrics survey, and it was conducted by a professor at Harvard.  I would do this again.  I can see if you do not know who you are going to vote for, that they would not want you.  I don't love Biden, but I hate Trump, and anybody is better than he is.  I think Biden has a much better chance of winning than Bernie would have because he is more moderate.  The person I wanted to be the Democratic candidate was Amy, and she dropped out, and pulled herself out of the race to be VP.  I am very interested in the election because I desperately want Trump out of office, but there is a chance he will win again. 

I already got my $5, but this was the first survey I am been eligible for in over a month, although I did get lots of $.10 for DQ.  Now I just need $.45 to claim two Amazon GC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just did the survey, and it was not that bad.  I live in the Chicago area, but the guy they paired me with lives in Southern Cal. 

I had a similar video chat survey on  Prolific, twice this summer. The researchers were analyzing video communications interactions. Each of those surveys paid $15, PayPal, through Prolific.

• Like 1

Actually this was not a video chat.  I had to do it in writing, and it took me a second to figure out how to respond to him, and so we did not get to correspond that much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They wanted me to do another political survey that they were going to pay me $5, but it was going to take place the same time as a Zoom class I am involved in.  I have been doing better with them lately, and they pay you $.10 when you disqualify too.  I am involved in the Medicare panel, and I just won their daily sweepstakes.