Worthless Life Points

hofertennis

Well Life Points unsubscribed me three times and there is no way to get my points back unless I make up another email address. This is their sorry response:

We checked your accounts associated with the email addresses XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX and they are unsubscribed. Unfortunately, once an account is flagged as unsubscribed, it cannot be reactivated and the system will not allow you to re-join using the same email address. 
Normally, an email address can only be used once for registration. Once you unsubscribe LifePoints, you will not be able to log in again with the same email address, due to some recent updates on the platform, the situation changed and you were able to log in using the same email address, which should not happen. Sorry for the situation. 

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that, but if you use gmail, it's really not that hard to create a 'new' email address.

If your email address is [email protected], just use [email protected]. You'll receive email messages to your regular gmail account, but for most survey sites, this will seem like a unique email address. This doesn't work for hotmail and other providers, but gmail allows this for sure.

LifePoints are total incompetents and they are likely going to make it very difficult to recover your earnings and rewards. Being nice will not gain anything. I suggest you make a very structured and emotionless series of requests for your points to be awarded, which very likely will be declined. Request support to carefully explain the reasons for the unsubscribe. To be ready for an unreferenced referral to the 100 page Terms of service policy, you should read it and not find anything that applies, support doesn't read this either. They are using canned replies written by an unknown project manager at LifePoints.. You want your points? Right? Read. If Support is still responding, it could be slow, like six months, that's a ploy they use sometimes. Ask them which section and version are they referring to. If they refer to a version you haven't agreeded to, add that to your reply. They may or may not reply to that, it doesn't matter if they ignored you. You will be able to use being ignored when you turn the heat up.  It's going to take work, and not worth the effort for the points alone. Your mission, should you choose to accept it will be to prove them incompetent and exhibit conduct unprofessional for the marketing industry. Once you have some reasons from LifePoints, the research work starts because you will give up on support and start engaging another part of Lightspeed Research Limited, a Kantar Group company. Post your experiences as a FB review and copy paste into a message to LifePoints. Next write reviews on site jabber, trust pilot and others, forwarded those to support and FB messenger as an FYI. Remember, you're on the up-and-up, LifePoints is not. To find others within LifePoints, turn to Linkedin, Crunchbase and corporate email address lookup services. Find someone related to community, support, operations or public relations and roll out your experience with support and how you are informing the world of their atrocious conduct. Give them a third to half of your posts, save some for later. Always write in a dry, emotionless, professional tone and avoid slang. You want them to content with you, not dismiss you. If you are doing this well, you will start receiving responses from upper management or even C-Level. If Life Points still stonewalls you, then write an ESOMAR complaint. I've made posts to that in the forum.

Now if you decided to blow that off and just register with a "new ID", you had better do that from a different web browser,  machine, OS and ISP. This because survey panels construct an ID for panelists based on your information, where you are located, your ISP, your cookies, machine hardware address and so forth. They also share this other panels. This is done ostensively to prevent you from completing the same survey multiple times from different panels. Since you have agreed to this sharing during signup, they can share all and anything. So, if they figure out you are trying to do and end-around on LifePoints, other panels might also throttle your survey opportunities. 

GOOD LUCK! and remember, it doesn't get easier, it get's better.

• Like 1

I always have more surveys than I'm willing to bother with because the compensation leans to cheap. The site had been a bit glitchy for me the last few weeks, but it seems to have gotten better lately.

Still surprises me how people's experiences can vary so much. :unsure:

• Thanks 1

They did this to me awhile ago. I had so much trouble getting everything straightened out when I registered a new email. I did get my points. But the email I used  is one I check only at the end of the day when I'm through with surveys so I rarely even think about doing them.

• 3 weeks later...