JD Power

Duck

First survey I took this morning was a JD Power survey concerning banking and finances.  It was through Opinion Outpost.   The survey lasted about 25 minutes,  I  finished it, hit the send button and was told that I failed to qualify for the survey.   When will I ever learn?  This happens about 50% of the time with JD Power surveys.  I probably failed one of their numerous trap questions.   And that begs the question,  what is the real purpose for those trap questions,  to keep you honest or to get your information without having to pay for it?  This time I am done for good.  I have swore off JD Power surveys before but I keep coming back for more.   What a rot-gut company.  Not a good way to start off your survey taking day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It's become way obvious that JD Power only wants the responses their clients pay for so said clients can brag about being highest rated whatever in their particular industry. This is why I've said several times that although I do surveys for a little extra money, I pay no attention to the results. Manipulated and meaningless. :92_thumbsdown:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NevadaJones said:

It's become way obvious that JD Power only wants the responses their clients pay for so said clients can brag about being highest rated whatever in their particular industry. This is why I've said several times that although I do surveys for a little extra money, I pay no attention to the results. Manipulated and meaningless. :92_thumbsdown:

Which is strange,  I gave my financial institution very high ratings.  I think in my case I was the victim of a stupid trap question.  

• Like 3

Been getting the same results for some time now with j D Power ones on OneOpinion. Either i DQ within the first couple of questions or it goes through the entire survey to completion , but when it returns for credit , I get the DQ points. I'm very careful answering questions and don't fail the trap ones. Gratefully , I have immediately recorded the survey number and report the issue to support at OneOpinion. They have checked and noted that I was in the survey for a lengthy period and have always credited the proper points. 

• Like 3

I agree with what others have said on this. I’ve done a number of JD Power surveys, and kept getting disqualified after I successfully answered all the survey questions. I have actually been able to let the robot on OneOpinion know, and I got credited for the points. Now if I see a JD Power survey, I just X out. I won’t waste my time on them, as I feel they are a total scam. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this topic is a bit old but I figured I'd piggyback onto it instead of starting a new thread about JD Power.

I took some time off from Survey Junkie after having to go through the whole thing of filling out a tax form, giving proof of identity, etc. Decided not to participate as often. Went about 2 months without taking any surveys beyond the usual 1 minute 10-pt surveys they send you an email invite for. The other day I got an email from them advertising one of their "3 surveys a day for 7 days for x-amount of bonus points" grinds. I decided to participate. First few surveys I click on end up being JD Power surveys. I click the link to begin and am immediately told "These are the only questions we have for you. Thank you for your time." (I didn't even answer any questions!) Then I get kicked back to Survey Junkie where I'm told I don't qualify for this survey.

At first I thought maybe it was my browser causing some glitch (think I had ad-blocking enabled), but then I remembered, every single JD Power survey I'd ever done always immediately DQ'd me. Has anyone ever had any luck with them? Anyone know why the incredibly high numbers of DQ's from them (especially immediate ones)?

2 hours ago, jessmac78 said:

I know this topic is a bit old but I figured I'd piggyback onto it instead of starting a new thread about JD Power.

I took some time off from Survey Junkie after having to go through the whole thing of filling out a tax form, giving proof of identity, etc. Decided not to participate as often. Went about 2 months without taking any surveys beyond the usual 1 minute 10-pt surveys they send you an email invite for. The other day I got an email from them advertising one of their "3 surveys a day for 7 days for x-amount of bonus points" grinds. I decided to participate. First few surveys I click on end up being JD Power surveys. I click the link to begin and am immediately told "These are the only questions we have for you. Thank you for your time." (I didn't even answer any questions!) Then I get kicked back to Survey Junkie where I'm told I don't qualify for this survey.

At first I thought maybe it was my browser causing some glitch (think I had ad-blocking enabled), but then I remembered, every single JD Power survey I'd ever done always immediately DQ'd me. Has anyone ever had any luck with them? Anyone know why the incredibly high numbers of DQ's from them (especially immediate ones)?

It seems to depend on the panel.  I have recently had some luck with completing JD Power surveys on Qmee.    Other panels like Swagbucks, My Points is where you often get the disqualifications at the end.  I do not know why that should make a difference but that is the way it seems to me. 

• Like 1

I once contacted Survey Junkie support and they gave me the same old "You will not qualify for every survey" excuse. It's just odd that simply clicking on the "Begin Survey" link is enough to disqualify someone. *shrugs* Oh well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 4:05 PM, elsielc said:

if i see it's a JD power survey i always now just click out.  i've been thru the same thing with 'completing' surveys and then saying not eligible.

I started seeing more and more of them on mypoints and I am now clicking out of them.  No need to waste my time.

Yeah, JD powers likes to give nice, shinny and polished surveys to their clients. When I get one of these, i answer the qualifying questions to screen out immediately. Answering you're 99 years or older works like an ejection button. Telling JD powers you were lead to the very end, gets a mechanical response from JD powers support. Maybe I'll do a professional association complaint on the next one that comes up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got a JD Power survey on electric vehicles. Took about 20 minutes or so. I got to the end, filled out the demographic questions and they then tell me "Sorry, but you don't qualify for this survey. Thank you for your time."  Yes, thank you for WASTING MY TIME. Could it really kill them to put the demographic questions at the beginning?? Makes me think they're just looking to get a bunch of info from you without having to compensate you for it. I won't make this mistake again - next time I get redirected to a JD Power survey I'll quickly X out of it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1