JD Power

Duck

On 10/9/2020 at 12:23 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I agree with what others have said on this. I’ve done a number of JD Power surveys, and kept getting disqualified after I successfully answered all the survey questions. I have actually been able to let the robot on OneOpinion know, and I got credited for the points. Now if I see a JD Power survey, I just X out. I won’t waste my time on them, as I feel they are a total scam. 

I need to try this,   

• Like 1

JDPower surveys used to be ones I could depend on. They were long but I would get credit most of the time. Not anymore! At least 75% of the time I will finish a LONG survey from them and I am told I don't qualify after completing the entire survey. I now avoid them like the plague!

• Like 2

J.D. Power is an American data analytics and consumer intelligence company founded in 1968 by James David Power III. The company, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, describes itself as "a global data & analytics company.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, Sandy21 said:

JDPower surveys used to be ones I could depend on. They were long but I would get credit most of the time. Not anymore! At least 75% of the time I will finish a LONG survey from them and I am told I don't qualify after completing the entire survey. I now avoid them like the plague!

I think that J.D.  Power is looking for High worth people slumming with us minions that are jostling at survey panels for those measly morsels, OR They are working the minions for free. Get all the information and at the last question pull the plug.  I'll have to analyze their TOC and privacy statement to be sure if this is a possibility. Many survey companies state in the Terms, they can use whatever the panelist gives them, no exclusions. Since, these panels never counter that assertion, with something explicitly like "unused responses are discarded", they can do as they wish. i have seen this statement used quite routinely at Prolific.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, schludermann said:

I think that J.D.  Power is looking for High worth people slumming with us minions that are jostling at survey panels for those measly morsels, OR They are working the minions for free. Get all the information and at the last question pull the plug.  I'll have to analyze their TOC and privacy statement to be sure if this is a possibility. Many survey companies state in the Terms, they can use whatever the panelist gives them, no exclusions. Since, these panels never counter that assertion, with something explicitly like "unused responses are discarded", they can do as they wish. i have seen this statement used quite routinely at Prolific.

I was thinking along those same lines the other day. Someone told me that advertising is geared for 25 to 55 year olds. If you watch the PGA, the ads are high end cars, life insurance and brokerage houses. If you watch The Price Is Right, the ads are Cascade, Kraft Macaroni, etc. If you watch the over the air Movies, the ads are My Pillow and a slew of has beens hawking medicare advantage plans.

The point is, there's a surplus of retirees like myself and stay at home moms which really aren't considered movers and shakers competing for survey crumbs. That's why you get the message filled up. JD Power is in a quandary trying to find candidates. They have ample supply of the lower tier and are probably doing a circle jerk trying to get someone who is earning $250K/ year +. But who in the latter category is going to click a mouse 20X, then get run through a meat grinder for 20 minutes, just to earn 36 cents?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drgray said:

But who in the latter category is going to click a mouse 20X, then get run through a meat grinder for 20 minutes, just to earn 36 cents?

Bingo!

• Like 2