Pinecone bank transfer

Marks

On 10/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, Marks said:

I do not have have that- I am allowed to transfer 300, 500 and 1000

I have those options as well. I have 4500 points. Might as well let it ride til 5000 and then do the bank transfer. Thanks for the update and keeping us posted!

You guys are brave souls for trusting your banking info with Pinecone. It is obvious they have serious tech issues making them vulnerable to serious cyber attacks. I may request a virtual VISA card from them, but never give them my bank acct number.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

You guys are brave souls for trusting your banking info with Pinecone. It is obvious they have serious tech issues making them vulnerable to serious cyber attacks. I may request a virtual VISA card from them, but never give them my bank acct number.

I agree! I’d much rather do PayPal. Pinecone has had so many glitches lately, that they can’t even keep up their website, and I’m supposed to trust them with my bank info? No, hard pass. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Marks said:

I am happy to report that my money was transferred to my bank account and only took one day after they finally fixed the wallet site. Transfer probably takes longer if you do it on a friday or weekend. :)

Wish I could say the same. I have 2 payments pending since 10th October and another from 15th October. All I got when I asked when will these get to my bank account was the standard: 

If your account has been pending for 5 business days or more or have any questions about adding or removing linked accounts, please let us know. We will be happy to help!

Thank you for your patience!

Don't think anyone actually bothered to read my query. It was so much easier when they offered Paypal - money transferred the next day. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Njsurveyman said:

Strictly speaking, you aren't actually giving your banking info to Pinecone, you're giving it to that third party company. Not that that's necessarily better... they seem a little fly-by-night too. But I don't think a bad actor could actually do anything with just your bank account number, anyway? Though I suppose if they got hacked and all the information leaked, it'd be a goldmine for identity thieves... but I'm ok taking that chance. 

I do agree that third party is annoyingly slow. It doesn't bother me as much, because I'm not in this hobby because I need the money immediately (I'm in it because the more money I get, the faster I can get out of having to work 40 hours a week at my normal day job, but that's still at least a decade out :p), but it is still kinda dumb how long it takes and how much of a pain it is to cash out from start to finish compared to most sites (though to be fair, paypay is honestly pretty clunky to cash out from too, but at least it doesn't take several days between getting the money into the account and having to go back later to cash it out.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, Njsurveyman said:

The banking info is not on pinecones site. It is on a separate site that I guess pinecone pays to do bank transfers with. The bank transfer site is not owned by Pinecone and has encrypted technology in use. That being said-I have a small internet banking account separate from my regular savings account- I use it just for payments like these (internet payments) and quickly transfer it out once I get paid. There is very little money ever left in that one account even if something were to ever go wrong.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:37 PM, Njsurveyman said:

How does that work ?Can I cash it in at Amazon?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, footfree said:

How does that work ?Can I cash it in at Amazon?

You can use it to purchase stuff on Amazon. Just add it as a credit card. 

• Like 1

So reading these replies, I decided to go with the bank transfer thing. Difficult to find on the Pinecone site, and I asked them what to do. They never replied, so after doing a search, I found it and put in for a bank transfer. Will see how (and if) this works.

9 hours ago, Lab6689 said:

they put back requesting a check? I thought that and paypal were gone now

Hmmm I just checked and you are right...so sorry!  Sigh!

Recently, I tried to redeem 1,500 points using the bank transfer. 

Pinecone offers either a 500 point bank redemption or a 1,000 point bank redemption. 

I chose to redeem my 1,500 points with three 500 point redemptions. 

This was a mistake. 

I got a message saying there was $5.00 in my wallet account, not $15.00, because Pinecone's computer system recognized just one of my three $5.00 redemption requests.

I tried following up with Pinecone customer service, but so far, I haven't received a response. 

I'd STRONGLY encourage all of you to only redeem Pinecone points with one 500 or 1,000 point redemption at a time, so you won't have to suffer the aggravation I've endured. 

I've learned the hard way that the customer service departments at most online market research companies are more useless than a tampon vending machine in a men's bathroom, and filing a Better Business Bureau complaint is usually the only way to get anything solved. I hope I don't have to do that with Pinecone, but I'm not optimistic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, footfree said:

Has anyone tried getting the virtual prepaid online gift card?How did that work out?Was thinking about trying that.

I was wondering the same thing? Anyone?