Are Survey companies taking advantage of Covid-19?

dugb

Since march 2020 it seems that most of the more marginal survey companies are relying on the the view that as we are stuck at home, they can send out any old rubbish, expect us to complete it for peanuts, regularly terminate surveys at the end and tell us that the survey is full or we didn't qualify (although we did for as long as the survey needed completing) get stroppy if we dare to complain, take ages to pay out, and constantly pester for updating our profiles.

IS this just me, or does anyone else agree?

• Thanks 2

I totally agree with you on this! These survey companies know good and well that many are in a position where they are kind of desperate. I feel so bad for people. I’ve cut back considerably on the amount of time I waste doing surveys. I know exactly what they’re doing, and want no part of it. It’s downright abusive and criminal. These survey companies can go **** themselves. They shouldn’t even be in business. 

Make no mistake, the survey companies are making crap loads of money off people. They get away with treating people like dog poo and are brazen about it. Complaining does nothing. They just keep abusing people left and right. It makes me feel really angry, and I’ve thought several times of just stopping doing surveys entirely. I used to enjoy this, considered it a hobby. I no longer feel that way. I feel like they have sucked the life out of people. Just appalling and disgusting that they are allowed to stay in business. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been receiving an insanely large amount of surveys from E-rewards which seems like a good thing and is, BUT when you're on SSI you can't go go over a certain amount in which I did and didn't want to. I have thought about discontinuing either One Opinion or e-rewards. I forgot that they are both one in the same and went over my limit but what else is there to do with the pandemic and all?

18 hours ago, Beautifulone1 said:

I've been receiving an insanely large amount of surveys from E-rewards which seems like a good thing and is, BUT when you're on SSI you can't go go over a certain amount in which I did and didn't want to. I have thought about discontinuing either One Opinion or e-rewards. I forgot that they are both one in the same and went over my limit but what else is there to do with the pandemic and all?

Yeah, any company owned by SSI sucks and screws people over. I’m dumping OneOpinion, as it takes way too long to cash out, and their surveys are poor and glitchy. And the only customer service they have is a ‘bot that does nothing. 

15 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, any company owned by SSI sucks and screws people over. I’m dumping OneOpinion, as it takes way too long to cash out, and their surveys are poor and glitchy. And the only customer service they have is a ‘bot that does nothing. 

I'm on OneOpinion. The bot "Emily" is useless. Emailing support at [email protected] has always worked , though.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Beautifulone1 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about letting e-rewards go. One Opinion is ok, that bot is useless. I was talking about SSI Disability.

Used to be on SSI Disability (now on SS). Never went above $600 on any site , so issues.