Taking Surveys & SSI

Beautifulone1

I have SSI and was taking surveys unaware that it will probably be taxed, what I earn. Can someone explain this process to me because I don't want to get in trouble. I mainly got gift cards to department stores, Kohls, Macy's, Dominos Pizza etc in amounts of $25-$50.  I would appreciate it! :huh:

You won't be taxed unless you make $600 or more at 1 or more survey sites. They don't report you unless you make that much or more in one years time. 

Now if you report yourself, put these earnings on your taxes of course they will make you pay no matter how little you earned. Don't tell them.

I think the survey sites send you a form when you are nearing $600 or after you earned that much.

A lot of people keep track of how much they earned on each site, when they get close to $600 they stop taking surveys on that site until the next year.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 6:25 AM, somelady said:

You won't be taxed unless you make $600 or more at 1 or more survey sites. They don't report you unless you make that much or more in one years time. 

Now if you report yourself, put these earnings on your taxes of course they will make you pay no matter how little you earned. Don't tell them.

I think the survey sites send you a form when you are nearing $600 or after you earned that much.

A lot of people keep track of how much they earned on each site, when they get close to $600 they stop taking surveys on that site until the next year.

Thanks for that info, I was keeping track of my earnings but didn't realized that Dynata ran so many other sites. They run e-rewards, One Opinion and many others. I only were taking surveys with those two and didn't know they were connected and it added up past my desired limit. I really don't know how much I went over and when I requested a copy of my earnings, they never got back with me just emailed a form to fill out concerning taxes.(They wanted me to put in my social security #) I never filled it out because they can just send me the form in the mail and I will go from there. 

• 2 weeks later...