Beware Of Hivemind Facebook Social Media Study

Njsurveyman

I attempted to start this study last week and as soon as I logged in with my facebook information, my entire phone started going crazy. It wouldn't turn off/on and I even had to call my bank to re-secure my bank app.  I had to clear all cache and cookies from my phone, and change my facebook and banking passwords so they couldn't hack into it. It seems they are doing much more than just seeing your social media content.

Lesson learned.....never sign into any of your accounts outside of their main webpages and never download any strange apps that a survey company wants you to "test". I do not know if Hivemind is just sleazy and cannot be trusted or there was just a bad glitch in their software for this study. But my advice is stay away from this particular study. 

• Sad 1

Thanks for the info on this. So sorry you are having to deal with this. Yeah, I never download apps from any survey site. That whole thing is just a huge rip off. And because so many of these survey sites are sketchy at best, criminals at worst, I just don’t trust them as far as I can throw them. Any survey I get that says they want to download an app, I quickly X out. 

That sucks, NJSurveyman. I saw on Reddit someone was doing a survey thru Prolific. They had to call some overseas phone number. The person did and ended up getting all types of spam calls. I wouldn't blame Hivemind or Prolific per se. It's just that these people are getting more & more creative in coming up with ways to try to get to people for scam purposes. I got 3 text messages the other day that started with my name saying that "we" received more funds to help people thru this pandemic and to click this link if you wanted more info. I mean c'mon. I knew not to click it but you gotta figure there are people that need help and will.

• Like 1