Which Survey Types Do You Refuse?

Hospitality1391

Are there any types of surveys which you just will not do?  I refuse to do financial surveys.  If the survey keeps coming back up after I have X'd out of it, I simply deliverately choose an answer guaranteed to get myself screened out.

• Like 3

There are certain survey sites/routers that I will not do. JD Power is a total scam. I’ve never successfully completed any survey from them. Peanut Labs is a sketchy site too, and I don’t trust them. Any surveys that start with the question “what work/position do you do?” without leaving me an “I don’t work/retired” option I X out of. If they want me to scan in a copy of my drivers license, that is a hard pass too. If it’s just a thing to join another survey company, I won’t do those either. There are so many things that I could probably write a book! 

I have become much more picky about what I will accept as far as taking a survey. I’ve found out over time that most survey sites do not reward loyalty, will throw you under the bus in a New York minute, and will do everything they can to screw you out of your earnings. Many will get to where you cash out, and then they’ll pull a fast one and dump you. That should be totally illegal. Many of the survey sites will take your personal info and sell it to every con artist and grifter out there. 

• Like 4

I won't do any surveys where they want me to download anything.  I just got one today where they want me to download an app on my computer so they can track where I go.  No thanks.  I think it was digital reality.  I also passed on one where they asked me to send them my junk mail.

• Like 4

I won't do any surveys where the effective pay rate for the survey is less than $2 per hour (incentive / length in minutes * 60). My time is more valuable than $2 per hour.  I also don't do any surveys that require downloads or giving PI information (like home address) unless it's a home product test.  I ignore surveys that ask for sign ups for other panels too.  I prefer to vet the panels myself.

• Like 2

I agree with everyone above. I also don't do this movie survey that starts with "do you have a son/daughter you take to the movies." It has ended in me getting screwed too many times. I'm also leery of the alcohol-related ones. I just got out of one that asked me if I had heard of a wine. It said 1/53. No way. It just takes way too much time waiting for that next card to load. I'd be more willing to do it if all of the options were on the same screen and I could quickly click the answers.

• Like 2

I will not give out my name and email address, or download anything. AND if the survey is far too long, say a half hour or more I just skip it, been disappointed far too many times with LONG surveys.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I will not give out my name and email address, or download anything. AND if the survey is far too long, say a half hour or more I just skip it, been disappointed far too many times with LONG surveys.

Agreed about the length.  I forgot about that.  I also do not do any surveys longer than 30 minutes unless the effective pay rate of the incentive is above $6/hour.

I really see no point in sending out ones that are essentially aimed at people working at the executive level in a company. For those , I have a fair idea what they are looking for and know what to answer to DQ. Another that I "x" out of are the ones that have a red and black on white color theme that want you to rate a long list of companies. Too long and not worth it for the few points. I also get tired of ones asking your opinion on products that you state you do not use. Couple that come to mind air fresheners and laundry additives. Same goes for the ones where you order the hair style pics (just had 5-6 in a row of these - 1/13).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do surveys for universities.  I've been screwed over too many times when, at the end of this long drawn-out survey, I get "so sorry you don't qualify".  So basically someone got my answers for free.  No more.  I see them, I walk away.  Also qualtrics(?) surveys, esp. when it's about politics or company reputation.

I used to do surveys for the Kellogg school of management elab at Northwestern University, and they let me know right away if I was not eligible.  The main problem was that the surveys filled up fast, and if I waited a day to sign up for a survey, I found out that they did not need any more people.  Most of the surveys were chance drawings, with it usually being 1/25 chance or 1/50 chance.  The surveys were easy, and I won a $25  and a $50 Amazon GC from them.  I don't know why I quit doing them.  I just checked and they are still doing them.  I might sign up again to do them.  I live two miles from their campus, and so I am very comfortable with doing them.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a whole list of URLs on my bulletin board above my desk of surveys that I refuse to do.  Some for almost never qualifying for, some for being unreasonably long, some for very late disqualifications or disqualifications at the end of the survey.   After you do surveys for a while you can recognize the rotten apples and avoid them.  I take the point of least resistance, I go for the tried and true easier surveys.  I am not afraid to bail out of a survey if it appears they have lied about the time it takes to complete it or they are asking for too much time-consuming detailed information.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, Hospitality1391 said:

Are there any types of surveys which you just will not do?  I refuse to do financial surveys.  If the survey keeps coming back up after I have X'd out of it, I simply deliverately choose an answer guaranteed to get myself screened out.

LifePoints - incompetence extraordinaire, I’ve been criticizing them for years
Peanut Labs - They don’t seem to be well run, except at redirection
Survey Junkie - low competency, indifferent and high late screen out $50/yr
Branded - was mint vine, had been very good until redoing rewards scheme, $400/yr but now $100. waiting for them to reverse reward decision.
Tap Research - Incompetence they loose points over night and  can’t figure out why
Forthright - 100% screen-out after signing up, lasted 2 months and gave up
Points2Shop - Nasty bastards, they won’t complete points awards, Forfeit points without notice.
Univox - incompetency , I think support imbibes before responding to requests
PaidViewpoint - they support the client running roughshod on the members.

American Consumer Opinion - This panel will manufacture claims against the panelists, so they don't have to pay. If you're in Texas and do this Panel and have experience this, PM me.

Toluna - very liberal forfeiture policy, they won't even research surveys failed at conclusion. Support responds with "Tough"
There are more, i'll update the list

• Like 2