LEO

dawn_b_adams

I’ve been a member of LEO for 3-4 years now. They technically accept both people from Canada and people from the United States. However, they are a Canadian company, and I believe their loyalties lie totally with Canadian survey takers. 

Surveys on the site are always few and far between, but at least I was able to cash out every few months. Like the other survey sites I frequent, I check the site at least once a day, and always check my email to see if they have surveys. In the last couple of months or so, the only thing I’ve been getting from them is a 50 point “retention” survey that has all the daily questions from the previous week, ones I already answer every day when I log on there. I supposedly have “contest points”, although I have never won any contest, nor do I suspect anyone else has. It’s just a scam to keep people coming on there.

At the rate I’m going, it could be 2-3 years before I can cash out again. So I emailed their “support” to complain and tell them to start sending me some real surveys. I told them I didn’t want a response from a robot or a canned response. I stated I wanted a real human supervisor to address this and tell me how they’re going to fix this. Based on their response, they did not read one bit of my email, and repeated what is a typical canned response. Then they had the nerve to encourage me to invite people. Nope, hard pass.

They’re substandard, and I discourage anyone from signing up with them. You’d just be wasting your valuable time. I responded to their reply by telling them to delete my account. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can relate. I signed up via an offer when VIP Voice was shutting down. Got to 9300 points really fast , but the surveys were all the same one each week or so. Then , in October , the surveys stopped. Emailed them about it and only got canned responses saying that surveys are not always available or something along those lines. After 3 months and zero surveys , I deleted my account. Total waste of time!

• Like 1

I'm from Canada and my experience with them has been pretty positive.  Cashed out about 9 times last year.  And it gives DQ points and doesn't waste your time with routers.  The surveys sometimes come in bunches: nothing for a week then 5 in one day.  Personally, it's one of my better sites

• Like 1

Yeah, if you’re not from Canada, you won’t get squat. Per my request, LEO deactivated my account. I’m dumping survey sites that I feel are wasting my time. One Opinion is next on my list.

13 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, if you’re not from Canada, you won’t get squat. Per my request, LEO deactivated my account. I’m dumping survey sites that I feel are wasting my time. One Opinion is next on my list.

That was the general opinion I was getting. Canadian targeted , all others don't bother. Nothing to cash out for until 20,000 points. First 9300 came quick and then nothing for 3+ months. Total waste.

One Opinion on the other hand I do OK at. Able to cash out at least twice a year for $75 in gift cards.

• Like 1

It for sure goes both ways..I'm in Canada & do very well with LEO....but there are a ton of USA sites that do nothing for me & I've dropped some of them recently since it takes forever to cash out..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

It for sure goes both ways..I'm in Canada & do very well with LEO....but there are a ton of USA sites that do nothing for me & I've dropped some of them recently since it takes forever to cash out..

Noticed that as well. Seems a little odd as the countries are such close neighbors. For many years when I was involved with aquarium show judging for an organization in Canada , it seemed like it was my 2nd home (at least Ontario).

3 hours ago, episemion said:

Noticed that as well. Seems a little odd as the countries are such close neighbors. For many years when I was involved with aquarium show judging for an organization in Canada , it seemed like it was my 2nd home (at least Ontario).

It's funny I used to do alot with Opinion Outpost & now it's one of the worst one's from the USA that I've used...but LEO does alot here for me...Plus if anyone is in Canada & can get on SurveyLion I suggest trying to get in there...never had a survey less than $1 ever with them & you can cash out with any amount you want at any time...no minimum but there's a schedule as to when you can cash out..it's usually on a monthly basis...so when you cash out you should write down the cash out dates so you can maximize your redemption with them...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 4:42 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I’ve been a member of LEO for 3-4 years now. They technically accept both people from Canada and people from the United States. However, they are a Canadian company, and I believe their loyalties lie totally with Canadian survey takers. 

Surveys on the site are always few and far between, but at least I was able to cash out every few months. Like the other survey sites I frequent, I check the site at least once a day, and always check my email to see if they have surveys. In the last couple of months or so, the only thing I’ve been getting from them is a 50 point “retention” survey that has all the daily questions from the previous week, ones I already answer every day when I log on there. I supposedly have “contest points”, although I have never won any contest, nor do I suspect anyone else has. It’s just a scam to keep people coming on there.

At the rate I’m going, it could be 2-3 years before I can cash out again. So I emailed their “support” to complain and tell them to start sending me some real surveys. I told them I didn’t want a response from a robot or a canned response. I stated I wanted a real human supervisor to address this and tell me how they’re going to fix this. Based on their response, they did not read one bit of my email, and repeated what is a typical canned response. Then they had the nerve to encourage me to invite people. Nope, hard pass.

They’re substandard, and I discourage anyone from signing up with them. You’d just be wasting your valuable time. I responded to their reply by telling them to delete my account. 

I have a couple of problems with LEO. One is they haven't been sending me many surveys. I did get one yesterday and completed it but it might have been the first one I have received in a couple of months. My second complaint is they give you very little time to complete the surveys. They usually don't even give you 24 hours. I could get a survey in the afternoon and they might say you have until 9:00 that evening to complete it. If I am lucky I will do maybe one 20.00 cash out in a year with them and it may even take longer than a year to get to 20.00. If you are looking to make a little extra money doing surveys this is not the panel to do that with.  

• Like 1

Another thing their surveys are weird. I can't come up with another word to describe them. A typical LEO survey starts out asking some demographic questions which are pretty much the same in all their surveys. Then they usually ask you either some political questions or questions about the pandemic. Yesterday they asked a bunch of questions about the COVID 19 vaccine. And finally and I think this is the case with all of their surveys. They ask a bunch of questions about the lottery. How often do you play? What games do you play? Are you going to play this week? Can you buy lottery tickets for your state online? What effect is the pandemic having on your lottery purchases? It is the same questions in every survey I get from them. It makes me think maybe LEO is somehow connected with the Canadian lottery if the panel is based in Canada as others have stated. Don't know what the connection is between COVID 19 vaccines and the lottery unless they decide to do a lottery to decide who will get the vaccine first. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mikedorb said:

Another thing their surveys are weird. I can't come up with another word to describe them. A typical LEO survey starts out asking some demographic questions which are pretty much the same in all their surveys. Then they usually ask you either some political questions or questions about the pandemic. Yesterday they asked a bunch of questions about the COVID 19 vaccine. And finally and I think this is the case with all of their surveys. They ask a bunch of questions about the lottery. How often do you play? What games do you play? Are you going to play this week? Can you buy lottery tickets for your state online? What effect is the pandemic having on your lottery purchases? It is the same questions in every survey I get from them. It makes me think maybe LEO is somehow connected with the Canadian lottery if the panel is based in Canada as others have stated. Don't know what the connection is between COVID 19 vaccines and the lottery unless they decide to do a lottery to decide who will get the vaccine first. 

Every survey I got from them in the first 2 months of the 5 months I was with them was a clone of the above. After that , nothing. Dropped them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, footfree said:

Me too!

Maybe somebody from there came on this website and read my message talking about the lottery questions. Anything is possible. But the lottery questions were starting to get irritating because it was the same questions over and over again and frankly I was getting sick of answering them.