I just got a market research study with Precision Research

NFriday

Precision Research, which is a Chicago area market research company just called me about a live study which will be taking place on 2/2.  They decided I was eligible for the study.  I am going to be paid $125 for a 1-1 45 minute interview.  I can drive to this one and it is only a 1-1, and so I am comfortable with it.  I am going to sit 6 feet away from the interviewer.  I hope I can hear him.  They are going to make me take a COVID test when I get there.  I told them 1-1 was okay.  I just did not want to participate in a study with 9 other people in the room.  I am nervous about taking the train into the loop, but this one is in Ravenswood, and so I can drive there, and I get free parking.  I would have to pay $15 for parking in downtown Chicago.  I've gotten info about a lot of Zoom studies, but this is the first live one I have gotten since the pandemic.  It is a little better in the Chicago area right now.  They just started indoor dining again at 25% capacity.  

• Like 1

Praying your time and money will be wisely invested and rewarded for this survey fro Precision Research. Please keep me updated on your travel there and your impression of this endeavor ?

• Like 1

I don't know why they could not do this via Zoom.  At least they are taking lots of precautions.  I am retired, and so I have plenty of time, but I wish they would pay me more or do it via Zoom.  I just checked and Evanston where I live, is back up to 25 COVID cases.  We only had 9 yesterday.  Hopefully I'll get my first dose of the vaccine sometime in February because I am in 1b.

• Like 2

I just got the instructions for my market research project on 1/31..  I was planning on driving anyway, but I cannot take public transportation to get there.  I can take a cab or an Uber if I don't have a car.  When I get there I have to call them up on my cell phone, and somebody will come out and take my temp and hand me a mask and a pair of gloves.  I then have to put them on, and go to the side entrance where somebody will let me in.  I am not going to be in the same room as the person that I will doing a 1-1 with.  I will communicate with that person via a webcam and computer screen.  They emailed me a COVID release form that I have to sign and bring with me.  They will then contact me if somebody comes down with COVID in the next week, and they will call me up a week after I do the study to see if I have having any symptoms of COVID. They are going to mail me my $125.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just got the instructions for my market research project on 1/31..  I was planning on driving anyway, but I cannot take public transportation to get there.  I can take a cab or an Uber if I don't have a car.  When I get there I have to call them up on my cell phone, and somebody will come out and take my temp and hand me a mask and a pair of gloves.  I then have to put them on, and go to the side entrance where somebody will let me in.  I am not going to be in the same room as the person that I will doing a 1-1 with.  I will communicate with that person via a webcam and computer screen.  They emailed me a COVID release form that I have to sign and bring with me.  They will then contact me if somebody comes down with COVID in the next week, and they will call me up a week after I do the study to see if I have having any symptoms of COVID. They are going to mail me my $125.

Seems like a lot of work! Hope it all goes well. 

The thing is that other market research companies usually ask if I have done a study recently, and I am afraid that I won't get another study for a while because I am doing this one.  They originally had me scheduled for 2/2, but then they called me up, and told me that they would have to reschedule me to 1/31, but then they called me up an hour later, and told me it had been moved back to 2/2.  This is the first live study I have gotten since the pandemic.  I can understand why nobody else is doing them.  The Chicago area now allows crowds of 10, and 25% capacity in restaurants.

Hi- I did the market research thing on 2/2.  It did not go quite like it was supposed to.  I was supposed to call them up when I got there, and then they would hand me a mask and gloves as well as a parking sticker, and take my temp.  They changed the number I was supposed to call when I got to the front door.  Somebody opened it before I had a chance to call again, and asked me if I was, and they mentioned my name.  I said yes.  They did not hand me a mask and gloves, and the guy let me in the front door, even though he was not supposed to.  I did ask for a parking sticker, and he said I did not need one.  Thank god I did not get a ticket.  He then took my temp, and gave me some forms to fill out..  He then took me into a room with a box and a computer screen.  I was then asked by somebody who came on the computer screen to open up the box and take out the contents.  The screen on the computer then told me what to do, and it clearly showed somebody wearing gloves which they did not give me.  It was something they were testing, and wanted my opinion on how easy it was to use, and told me what to do with it.

I was told I was going to be paid $125, and they would mail me my payment.  I just got a virtual visa card today in my email.  It can only be used online, and I get an additional 5% to spend if I use it at one of the 96 businesses listed.  Half of the businesses were restaurants.  I don't know how to use a virtual visa at Panera Bread?  The only businesses I could see myself buying anything are CVS, LLBean, Eddie Bauer, Bed Bath and Beyond and Staples.  I might spend it on a laser printer at Staples.  I wish they would have mailed me a card instead so I could use it in a grocery store.  I guess technically I could use it at any online business, but then I don't get the additional 5%.  Also when I went to sign up for the card, I got a trick question to make sure that I was a real live person.  They had nine squares with dice located in the squares, and I had to figure out which square had the dice that totaled 14, and then when I finally figured out which one it was, it then switched squares, and I had to tell them which new square totaled 14, and then this went on a third time before they finally gave me my virtual visa. .

I did a market research project with them two years ago where they paid me $250, and I don't remember receiving a virtual card.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got around to trying to claim my virtual visa card again a few weeks ago while it was still available, and I had a much easier time claiming it.  Now I have to either apply it to my Amazon account, or use it at Ikea or add it to my paypal account.  I am going to do another market research thing on 5/20, where I am going to get paid with a $30 Amazon card, which is okay.  I have bought a lot lately on Amazon.  I have done four orders in two months.  Normally I only do that many orders in one year.  

• Like 1

I finally ended up adding my $125 virtual Visa card to my Amazon account, and when I added it, I got a $10 bonus for adding $100 + to my account.  If I used it at another store such as Staples, I could get an additional 5%, but this is an even better deal.

• Like 1

I just googled prepaid digital solutions, and they got lousy reviews on trust pilot.  When I tried to bring up my card number on my prepaid reward so I could apply it to my Amazon account, it said they were going to send me a code to enter.  I had to request the code multiple times, because every time they sent me a new code and I entered it, they said it was not valid.  They probably sent me 10 codes, before I finally got one that worked.