A pet peeve of mine with survey companies in general

mikedorb

28 minutes ago, peach6 said:

And if you go to fast you can be labeled as a Speeder

I was let go from one site for that very reason

Doesn't take long to put age,gender,occupation I guess I had to think longer for those answers

Wasn't a great site anyway

Wouldn't speeding be completing a survey in less than the stated time? From what I have seen that seems almost impossible to do these days because no matter how fast you go most of the surveys cannot be completed anywhere near the stated time. And another pet peeve of mine is saying I don't qualify for a survey after pretty much completing the entire thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"And another pet peeve of mine is saying I don't qualify for a survey after pretty much completing the entire thing." 

Oh, my goodness!  mikedorb! I SO AGREE!  You heat the nail square on the head!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

"And another pet peeve of mine is saying I don't qualify for a survey after pretty much completing the entire thing." 

Oh, my goodness!  mikedorb! I SO AGREE!  You heat the nail square on the head!

Recently I thought I completed a survey that took me roughly 30 minutes and instead of getting the message I successfully completed the survey I got a message that I didn't qualify. Really. It took them that long to figure that out. I don't even remember which panel it was because I belong to so many but it is very frustrating. A few of the panels will pay you something for attempting a survey but not many. One Opinion is one that quickly comes to mind. They pay for up to 5 survey attempts each day. And another thing that can be an issue is them meeting their quota for the number of completed surveys so you can invest a lot of time in taking a survey and then get kicked out because they don't need any more responses. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was going to be able to complete a survey and wasn't able to because I either got the didn't qualify message or they don't need any more responses. Doing online surveys can be both rewarding and frustrating at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, Sandy21 said:

THIS happened to me with Tellwut. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I couldn't take surveys from them so I wrote to customer support as my profile had not changed. They told me that their largest supplier ( I later figured out that it is samplicio.us) has blocked me.  I do believe you are right NOT to take too many surveys in a short period of time as this sends up a red flag. I do think that is why I was blocked.

I take all my surveys seriously so I have NOT BEEN HAPPY about this. I can take a few Tellwut surveys that are not samplicio.us  but they are few and far between.

In the meantime Tellwut says they are working on a fix for this, with this supplier as I am not alone with this problem. 

With all of the junk that samplicio has pulled, they have they nerve to block someone?  How ridiculous does that sound? I was answering some qualifying questions this morning and I got a warning that I was speeding through the questions.  How on earth could that even happen?  You click and answer and move on.  So I did they a favor and closed out.  I hate to waste their time. 

• Like 1

I just signed into mypoints and there was one that was 7 minutes for 43 points.  I started and I qualified, but it quickly became 45 for 43 points.  Do I look crazy?  Don't look too hard on that, I am not going to do surveys like that. or should anyone.  Unless you are 43 points away from cashing out, just walk away.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 11:35 AM, mikedorb said:

You know what drives me crazy. Getting blocked from doing surveys because they are telling you the answers you are giving are either dishonest or inconsistent or whatever word they choose to use. I try to answer all of the surveys honestly so I don't know what the issue is. And they will not tell you which surveys you did that for which tells me there may be another reason like maybe completing a lot of surveys within a short period of time so they figure you must be cheating even though they have no proof. That happened to me about a year or so ago with both Swagbucks and My Points and I believe they are both owned by the same company. Swagbucks agreed to reinstate my access to surveys but My Points refused after much pleading. Isn't it strange that this happened and both are owned by the same company?  Now my ability to earn points on My Points is greatly diminished so meeting my daily goal is a huge challenge and a lot of days I just can't do it. What I have learned from doing surveys for many years is it is best not to try to do too many surveys for any one panel each day. I think if you do that it sends them a red flag and you risk either having your account frozen or losing your access to surveys. That has happened to me a few times in the past and has probably happened at one time or another to just about everybody who belongs to a lot of survey panels and is very active trying to complete surveys. 

Agreed. Same thing happened to my at QuickRewards site. PopRewards banished me a few years ago and recently lifted banishment for a few members at QR. I emailed QR support for the past two months and they haven't heard from PR lifting their banishment of my presence there.

• Like 2

RIGHT ON, rosiesmom!  "With all of the junk that samplicio has pulled, they have they nerve to block someone?" 

And according to Tellwut Customer support I am far from the only one samplicio has blocked. Hope Tellwut can override this or fix this problem!   

• Like 1

So it happened again! I took an ENTIRE survey, took about 20 minutes. After I was TOTALLY done, I got the message that I had already taken this survey. Ridiculous and this so infuriates me!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/14/2021 at 12:51 AM, Sandy21 said:

So it happened again! I took an ENTIRE survey, took about 20 minutes. After I was TOTALLY done, I got the message that I had already taken this survey. Ridiculous and this so infuriates me!!

Yep, now that the same company owns many of these survey sites, it happens frequently on many sites.  I am down to one survey site that disqualifies you at the beginning of the survey and it is not owned by this company.  And as with all my posts I have to say "screw OneOpinion."  They are the worst at this.  

• Like 1

I just did a survey for Pi Opinion that was supposed to be 30 minutes, and I believe it paid maybe $2.48.  It was about vitamins and supplements.  It only took me 30 minutes to finish it, and when I hit submit, it told me that I was not eligible for the survey!  I did not check to see if the money got applied to my account.  I don't do a lot of pi opinion surveys because most of them I am not eligible for, and I get a lot of surveys that pay $.38.  I pass on those.  Did anybody else get that survey?  I get mostly Cint surveys with them, but I don't think this one was.

• Sad 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, Sandy21 said:

That happened to me today.  It was a very long survey,  took me forever to finish it,  had to be at least 35 to 45 minutes but the reward stated was good so I hung in there with it.  Finally got it completed and message came up stating that it was a duplicate and I had already completed it.  Why couldn't they have told me that before I started the survey?  The URL of that survey is now prominently displayed on the bulletin board above my desk and I will never take it again.   Here is the URL if you want to make note of it for future reference.   idinsightechoweb,  that isn't the entire URL but that is how it starts,  avoid anything that starts out with idinsight.

• Like 1

Duck,

Taking an entire survey and then being told you took it before and won't get credit is something happening more and more often nowadays. Obviously we wouldn't be taking a survey again if we already took it! Sigh

• Like 1

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, too--and I complain to the survey sites when it's really egregious.

I did a mypoints survey whose stated time was FIFTEEN minutes, but actually took ONE HOUR AND THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES! That's more than SIX TIMES LONGER than its stated time. I did receive its stated points, but even so, I felt compelled to contact mypoints, because I wanted to make sure no one else got tricked into spending 97 minutes on a '15 minute' survey.

I want to clarify that I go into these assuming their stated times are just estimates/approximations. I never expect them to take exactly the stated time; I figure they may take less (unlikely) or more (very likely), but they should at least be in the same ballpark! 97 minutes versus 15 isn't even in the same stratosphere.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, LinuxPowered said:

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, too--and I complain to the survey sites when it's really egregious.

I did a mypoints survey whose stated time was FIFTEEN minutes, but actually took ONE HOUR AND THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES! That's more than SIX TIMES LONGER than its stated time. I did receive its stated points, but even so, I felt compelled to contact mypoints, because I wanted to make sure no one else got tricked into spending 97 minutes on a '15 minute' survey.

I want to clarify that I go into these assuming their stated times are just estimates/approximations. I never expect them to take exactly the stated time; I figure they may take less (unlikely) or more (very likely), but they should at least be in the same ballpark! 97 minutes versus 15 isn't even in the same stratosphere.

I don't think I have run into an example that extreme. But that was the point I was trying to make that the stated times often aren't even in the same ballpark. If a 10 minute survey takes 15 minutes or a 15 minute survey takes 20 minutes I can live with it.  But when you are talking double or more than the stated time then I have a huge problem. And this seems to be happening more and more. My question would be how are they figuring out the amount of time it should take to complete a survey. It is almost like they are throwing a bunch of numbers into a hat and drawing one out. But almost never do you complete a survey in less than the stated time. It is almost always more often a lot more. I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly speed through a survey these days. I believe someone on this forum said they were flagged or suspended for speeding through surveys. I don't know how that is even possible.  I bet the number of points you got for completing that survey weren't many. For a survey that long you should be getting a significant payout. Did you mean my points or points club? In my mind I get them both confused. My points about a year ago suspended me from surveys and my attempts to get reinstated failed. My major problem with points club is nowadays they offer very few surveys more than 500 points when before there used to be a lot of surveys with at least a 1000 point reward. Another thing  is when a survey is taking much longer than expected to complete you have to make a decision as to whether to continue or not finish it. Usually I just continue because since I have invested so much time already I want to see it through. But if you continue you risk them not allowing you to finish anyway by saying you don't meet the qualifications or they have received all the responses they need or any other reason they might give you.       

• Sad 1