OneOpinion weeding out long time users?

vercetti2021

In response to OP's original post:  Yes, this is happening.  I was a long time member and earner for numerous years.  Last year I was "suspended" and received a generic email in response to my inquiry that said I had multiple accounts or sped through surveys, neither of which is true.  It is a garbage site now that they were bought by Dynata/SSI (whatever the new company is) and have done this to numerous long time and high earner accounts.  I know a couple others personally that this has happened to.  To top it off they cancelled my latest reward order in which I had earned.  It's basically a scam now to collect your survey information and not reward survey takers.  Many times you would complete a survey in full and then be disqualified.  

I also agree with the poster above that says to cash out when you can and not hold on to reward points.  This has happened to many and these companies don't care.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, stu21 said:

In response to OP's original post:  Yes, this is happening.  I was a long time member and earner for numerous years.  Last year I was "suspended" and received a generic email in response to my inquiry that said I had multiple accounts or sped through surveys, neither of which is true.  It is a garbage site now that they were bought by Dynata/SSI (whatever the new company is) and have done this to numerous long time and high earner accounts.  I know a couple others personally that this has happened to.  To top it off they cancelled my latest reward order in which I had earned.  It's basically a scam now to collect your survey information and not reward survey takers.  Many times you would complete a survey in full and then be disqualified.  

I also agree with the poster above that says to cash out when you can and not hold on to reward points.  This has happened to many and these companies don't care.  

That poster was me. After the incident with the 9.00 balance I referred to and having to go to the BBB to collect my money I said to myself I am cashing out with all my panels at the first opportunity. But the issue with the 9.00 was it wasn't enough to cash out so I was in a quandary which raises another issue. I have this fear that if you complete too many surveys with a panel in a short period of time you increase the risk of being flagged or your your account being frozen and losing whatever is in your account. So when I am getting close to being able to cash out that makes me more aggressive in trying to complete surveys with that panel which could work against me but am willing to take that chance. A perfect example that came into play today for me is point club. It is usually hit or miss on how successful I am in completing surveys with them. I might go a few days without being able to complete any surveys and then have a day when I can successfully complete multiple surveys. I was getting close to a 25.00 PayPal so I pushed today and managed to complete 4 surveys. I now have the points I need but over 7000 of them are pending and it seems for some of their surveys it takes forever to get them out of that status and make them available to use. So it still may be a while before I can actually cash out. And another thing with them is most of their surveys these days are 500 points or less and they used to have a lot of surveys that earned you at least 1000 points which equals a dollar. And today I completed a survey for 308 points and the other three were 253 points each which combined totaled just over a dollar. But that is a whole other issue .Just another example of survey companies paying less and less to complete surveys. It is terrible that I had to complete 4 surveys to barely earn a dollar.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 3:11 PM, vercetti2021 said:

My life time earnings were over 3 million points. I had 2,006,000 in there due to not being able to cash out because I got errors when I tried. I already went to the BBB. I'll go and report them to the Texas AG if I have to.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:11 PM, vercetti2021 said:

My life time earnings were over 3 million points. I had 2,006,000 in there due to not being able to cash out because I got errors when I tried. I already went to the BBB. I'll go and report them to the Texas AG if I have to.

I don't feel so alone now. They dumped me at the beginning of this year. I tried to cash out with $25 but never received it. I questioned them on it and they returned it to my account. I tried to cash out again and that's when I got the notice that I was suspended. When I questioned why, they told me their policy was one account only and I had two accounts. That was a lie! When I questioned further, they totally ignored me. It upset me because I wanted that money for Christmas. I still have $18 in the account. Don't know what happened to the $25. They used to be one of the good sites so I really thought it was just something to do with me. Reading these posts, I can see it's not.  I think I will take your suggestion and report them to the BBB. Thank you. 

• Sad 1

I feel so badly for those of you who were screwed out of your hard earned money. It’s disgusting what OneOpinion has been doing to their survey takers. I’m within about $4 of cashing out. As soon as I do, I’m dumping them. I also left a scathing review on this site about them and how much they have gone down the crapper. They shouldn’t even be in business. Absolutely appalling and tone deaf site. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abbydabby said:

I don't feel so alone now. They dumped me at the beginning of this year. I tried to cash out with $25 but never received it. I questioned them on it and they returned it to my account. I tried to cash out again and that's when I got the notice that I was suspended. When I questioned why, they told me their policy was one account only and I had two accounts. That was a lie! When I questioned further, they totally ignored me. It upset me because I wanted that money for Christmas. I still have $18 in the account. Don't know what happened to the $25. They used to be one of the good sites so I really thought it was just something to do with me. Reading these posts, I can see it's not.  I think I will take your suggestion and report them to the BBB. Thank you. 

It looks like the BBB is your only option to maybe get the money OO owes you. But as for lifting your suspension I don't think the BBB can do anything about that. That would be up to OneOpinion.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like so many others here, I was a very long time member of this panel for over 15 years from back when it was Zoompanel. Recently my account was paused.  When I inquired why, they gave me the same multiple bogus responses like everyone else - multiple accounts, accuracy of answers, profile information, etc, all of which were patently untrue.   After a few emails, they said they suspended my account.  I had a balance of over $600 which they refused to pay out.  It is unconscionable that they kept this money after working on hours of diligent survey responses. Not only that, but they also suspended my account on the e-rewards panel as well which had a $700 balance.  Dynata now owns both of these companies. I checked the Better Business Bureau's web site and there were over 1,000 similar complaints filed against Dynata along with poor customer reviews.  Dynata's larger clients are subject of many of the surveys that include Disney, NBC Universal, JD Power, Carl's Jr., Microsoft, Apple, US Bank and many others. Anyone who has been terminated in a similar situation should consider emailing these companies who pay Dynata for these surveys and let them know how outrageous these actions are against panelists.  Then urge them to suspend their marketing efforts with Dynata so they can partner with more reputable survey companies.  If enough people email the marketing departments of these companies warning them about Dynata, hopefully that will make some difference.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve2021 said:

Like so many others here, I was a very long time member of this panel for over 15 years from back when it was Zoompanel. Recently my account was paused.  When I inquired why, they gave me the same multiple bogus responses like everyone else - multiple accounts, accuracy of answers, profile information, etc, all of which were patently untrue.   After a few emails, they said they suspended my account.  I had a balance of over $600 which they refused to pay out.  It is unconscionable that they kept this money after working on hours of diligent survey responses. Not only that, but they also suspended my account on the e-rewards panel as well which had a $700 balance.  Dynata now owns both of these companies. I checked the Better Business Bureau's web site and there were over 1,000 similar complaints filed against Dynata along with poor customer reviews.  Dynata's larger clients are subject of many of the surveys that include Disney, NBC Universal, JD Power, Carl's Jr., Microsoft, Apple, US Bank and many others. Anyone who has been terminated in a similar situation should consider emailing these companies who pay Dynata for these surveys and let them know how outrageous these actions are against panelists.  Then urge them to suspend their marketing efforts with Dynata so they can partner with more reputable survey companies.  If enough people email the marketing departments of these companies warning them about Dynata, hopefully that will make some difference.

I really feel for you having that much money in your account and apparently losing it. Hopefully the BBB can help you get the money that belongs to you and you worked very hard for. I have always told people do not leave a lot of money in these survey site accounts because you never know what is going to happen. You can be suspended, paused or terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all. I always cash out when I reach the minimum cash out threshold. Nothing to gain letting the money just sit in the accounts. 

• Like 2

Not had any real issues with them. Like most here, I never let points build up anywhere. As soon as I have at least the equivalent of $15 to $25, I cash out.

• Like 1

I too hope the further action works. The BBB action taken, as I've read here over the years, often does get results.

But I can't be the only one curious about this - why on Earth would anybody rack up such astronomical amounts of money without cashing out? Any one of these companies can go out of business at any time. I usually cash out at the minimum, but on occasion I will let something ride to 10 or 20 dollars on a site with a 5 dollar minimum payout, if I'm on a roll. Don't be shy about it. You invested your time in it, and probably got ripped off plenty of times. The only site I know of that has raised their minimum payout recently is Forthright; they set the bar at $10, instead of that instant payout for $2 or whatever, because they say they get charged more fees themselves for the very high volume of low value transactions. Grab what you can. It's in the user agreement.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dimefynder said:

I too hope the further action works. The BBB action taken, as I've read here over the years, often does get results.

But I can't be the only one curious about this - why on Earth would anybody rack up such astronomical amounts of money without cashing out? Any one of these companies can go out of business at any time. I usually cash out at the minimum, but on occasion I will let something ride to 10 or 20 dollars on a site with a 5 dollar minimum payout, if I'm on a roll. Don't be shy about it. You invested your time in it, and probably got ripped off plenty of times. The only site I know of that has raised their minimum payout recently is Forthright; they set the bar at $10, instead of that instant payout for $2 or whatever, because they say they get charged more fees themselves for the very high volume of low value transactions. Grab what you can. It's in the user agreement.

I'm with you. Leaving hundreds of dollars sitting in a survey panel account is not very smart. 

• Like 2

One of the survey companies I work with requires you to accumulate $22 before you can cash out for $20, and yes they do charge you a fee for cashing out.  I think it might be Valued Opinion.  I have $34 at Clear Voice, and so I need to cash out soon.  One time I left $135 at One Opinion when they dumped me, and no they never gave me what they owed me, even though they said they would.  I don't leave lots of money in any of my accounts any more after that incidence.  

• Sad 1

Finally got to 25000 points so I was able to cash out today for a 25.00 PayPal. It took me three months to get there. Last cash out was in December. For some reason it seemed longer than that because things slowed down with them in the last month or so as far as receiving surveys .And with the number of people being terminated I made sure I would cash out right after I got to 25000 points. Now waiting for points to be validated so I can do a 25.00 PayPal with Point Club. They say 4-6 weeks to validate surveys but some of them take longer than that. Once the 4125 points get validated for a survey I completed in early February I will have enough to cash out. But when will that be? Hopefully soon. And if I recall they are not that quick to send out payments so once I can cash out there will be another wait.