Peanut Labs

JuneP

Branded offers Partner Surveys with Peanut Labs.  I often will do 1 or 2 of the Peanut Labs surveys to earn extra points or add to my weekly total number of surveys.  Suddenly my Peanut Labs surveys do not work, I am not able to access any, and don't know why.  I reported this to Branded and they gave me the link to the Peanut Labs support.  I wrote to them and they have been very uncooperative, saying that I did not meet their terms, either falsified something or basically that I did something dishonest.  They refuse to allow me to do any more of their surveys.  I have asked them what I did wrong, to please allow re-entry and they refuse.  They are basically accusing me of using their surveys for nefarious purposes.  I assure you that I am not and why would I cheat to earn a few cents on their surveys?!  I want to warn everyone to not use their surveys - they are not reputable and can capriciously stop your access at any time.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JuneP said:

Branded offers Partner Surveys with Peanut Labs.  I often will do 1 or 2 of the Peanut Labs surveys to earn extra points or add to my weekly total number of surveys.  Suddenly my Peanut Labs surveys do not work, I am not able to access any, and don't know why.  I reported this to Branded and they gave me the link to the Peanut Labs support.  I wrote to them and they have been very uncooperative, saying that I did not meet their terms, either falsified something or basically that I did something dishonest.  They refuse to allow me to do any more of their surveys.  I have asked them what I did wrong, to please allow re-entry and they refuse.  They are basically accusing me of using their surveys for nefarious purposes.  I assure you that I am not and why would I cheat to earn a few cents on their surveys?!  I want to warn everyone to not use their surveys - they are not reputable and can capriciously stop your access at any time.

Stay away from them. For a period of time like you I couldn't access any of their surveys through all of my panels that use them and then they let me access their surveys but won't let me complete any. It has been months since I last completed a Peanut Labs survey and have completely given up on them. Peanut Labs does what all these companies do. You have to realize they can terminate, freeze or pause your account at any time or use any other word they choose for any reason or they don't even need a reason and might even make one up. You can try to get some answers from them like you did but often that doesn't work.  You really have no recourse if they refuse to reinstate you. If a panel terminates someone you have to hope the person doesn't have a lot of money or points in their account because if they do the only recourse to get whatever is due may be to go through the BBB because it is not likely the panel will pay you whatever is in your account.  That is why I always advise people to cash out as soon as they are able to and not accumulate money or points in their accounts because things like this can often happen.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnleona said:

I did one today and was surprised I was able to get the credit. I used to never qualify. It was My Points.

I've given up even trying to complete any surveys with them. First I was blocked from accessing their surveys. Then I was able to access them but they won't let me do any. Some kind of screwy message keeps popping up when I try to do one of their surveys so good bye Peanut Labs.   

I don't try peanut labs anymore..  they ask too many prescreeners and usually rip me off if I complete the survey.

Also think I am done with branded..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wobbles said:

I don't try peanut labs anymore..  they ask too many prescreeners and usually rip me off if I complete the survey.

Also think I am done with branded..

Peanut Labs is a complete waste. They let me do the prescreeners but won't let me do any surveys. Before my Peanut Labs surveys were blocked. Now they aren't blocked but I can't do any which is why I won't waste anymore time on them. I haven't been able to complete a survey with them in about a year. Do you remember  when your panels would give you either a penny or point for attempting one of the Peanut Lab surveys even if you couldn't complete it? I think that is gone now. And I also don't recall the surveys having all the prescreeners they have now. Was this company bought out recently? I don't know why these panels even have Peanut Lab surveys on their sites. They do me zero good. And what is your issue with Branded? 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:41 PM, mikedorb said:

Peanut Labs is a complete waste. They let me do the prescreeners but won't let me do any surveys. Before my Peanut Labs surveys were blocked. Now they aren't blocked but I can't do any which is why I won't waste anymore time on them. I haven't been able to complete a survey with them in about a year. Do you remember  when your panels would give you either a penny or point for attempting one of the Peanut Lab surveys even if you couldn't complete it? I think that is gone now. And I also don't recall the surveys having all the prescreeners they have now. Was this company bought out recently? I don't know why these panels even have Peanut Lab surveys on their sites. They do me zero good. And what is your issue with Branded? 

Branded pays way too low.  The final straw was they took away a 200 pt survey credit from me.

12 hours ago, wobbles said:

Branded pays way too low.  The final straw was they took away a 200 pt survey credit from me.

I have noticed that a lot of survey panels and not just Branded are not paying as much as they used to. And as for losing a 200 point survey credit which is 2.00 did they give you a reason? If they did it was probably something about inconsistencies in your answers which is usually a bunch of garbage. Each panel handles these things differently. Some will just remove the payment from your account and others might suspend, terminate or freeze your account or whatever word they choose to use and others might not do anything until it happens or supposedly happens a few times. One of my pet peeves is none of these panels will ever give you any specific information as to why your survey got rejected and sometimes you get suspended for irregularities in your answers to survey questions and they won't even tell you the specific survey or surveys that there is an issue with.   

On 2/20/2021 at 6:37 PM, JuneP said:

June,

This is par for Peanut labs, I saw the unethical behavior years ago and stopped participating in any of their surveys that other panels fielded for Peanut labs, such as Branded.

If you want to do a BBB complaint:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/market-survey/peanut-labs-media-inc-1116-312165

Peanut Labs, Inc., began business in July 2007. In January 2011, the company was purchased by Dynata LLC.  Since Peanut Labs is part of Dynata, a huge juggernaut panel conglomeration, and Dynata is a member of ESOMAR, you can file a complaint about Peanut Labs against the parent company. When I file ESOMAR complaints, an upper management professional responds. So, you won't have to contend with the barriers that Peanut Labs minion support is presenting.  I have posted past experiences to SP about the response an ESOMAR complaint generates.

https://www.esomar.org/what-we-do/submit-a-complaint

Most of my complaints are under article 9 of the ESOMAR code, sometimes Article 7

3 hours ago, mikedorb said:

I have noticed that a lot of survey panels and not just Branded are not paying as much as they used to. And as for losing a 200 point survey credit which is 2.00 did they give you a reason? If they did it was probably something about inconsistencies in your answers which is usually a bunch of garbage. Each panel handles these things differently. Some will just remove the payment from your account and others might suspend, terminate or freeze your account or whatever word they choose to use and others might not do anything until it happens or supposedly happens a few times. One of my pet peeves is none of these panels will ever give you any specific information as to why your survey got rejected and sometimes you get suspended for irregularities in your answers to survey questions and they won't even tell you the specific survey or surveys that there is an issue with.   

No reason given. I kept going until I could cash out after that, and have not been back since.

I understand a lot of sites are not paying as much of late, but I think branded fell to far from what they used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Many of these survey companies are subsidiaries of parent companies that also have subsidiaries that do routing. Then, these companies cover for each other when they disqualify participants very late, or even at the end of surveys. They also do this to take a part of the reward. They survey creator tells the sponsor of the survey that they pay X amount per participant for a given survey. However, they pay the router that fee, and then the router takes a portion, and the sponsor doesn't know this. If I get disqualified unfairly, like at the end, which I can tell, I complain to the sponsor, either through their website, or social media, and I inform them of what promised reward was, to let them know. I find the parent company, and make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. They should compensate you, to resolve the issue. You need to find the parent company, because the subsidiaries use assumed business names (DBA: doing business as) and the BBB business search will often be unable to find them, and tracking down the business address can be a pain.

These companies are run by marketing people, who basically run a job mill for tech school graduates with no job experience, and they pay them very low wages, since they are very low level competence programmers. They might get promoted to tech support if they are good at dismissing complaints. That's why I go to the BBB, if they don't fix things. There are only 3 decent survey agencies, from what I've found, and they all do their own routing. This saves you from the never ending profile questions that match you up to maybe 1 in 20 successful trials, and this often ends with you getting a longer survey for lower rewards than the link you click on, and often ends up with a dead end, so you don't even get the meager disqualification reward they promise. Also, many of the surveys will disqualify you by manual review, before the router returns a successful completion code back to the originator, and you won't get paid, unless you can prove you succeeded, which will often require that you violate their terms, if you do a screen capture. Your-surveys is the worst at this.

Find the higher paying operations that do preliminary routing. You have to learn as you go. Prolific, Pinecone Research and Radial Insights are the exact opposite of just about all the others, in that you'll probably get 1 out of 20 disqualifications, instead of 1 out of 20 successful completions, and they pay much better, since they do their own routing. Survey Police should have referral links for you to sign up. The other routers can send you through multiple routers, but they won't count it as any failure, if you eventually succeed, and they only count it as a single failure, even if you DQ multiple times because of routing. And, if you get an error, you might want to try reloading the page. Works for a lot of 505 errors. However, politically sensitive surveys often get manual DQ, if you don't agree with what they want. If you are a good sleuth and have a lot of understanding, they will often incriminate themselves with their 'support' responses. They'll often want information that you have to record before attempting the survey. I've got a ton of computer and internet experience and skills, so I catch them often, and mostly avoid them. instagc is one worth trying, as well, but their support is not very good, either, and they improperly deny payment often. Low payout threshold, however, and they do pay a bit more than average, but not the best, and they have many ways to earn.

Survey Junkie payment is all over the place, but sometimes the best of all, but you have to learn when those surveys are likely to show up. Again, bad support.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, wobbles said:

They were bought, and now you get stuck with researchnow routing, which is a trainwreck. Sometimes it's some other worthless routing agency that has the same parent company. We need a site that organizes complaints to get these companies to do honest business. See my reply above this for what I see happening. Survey Police won't directly address this, because they make revenue from these companies, both referral and advertisement.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments about Peanut Labs.  They did change my screen again, but I cannot do any of their surveys, so I have decided to just not bother with them any longer.  I agree that Branded does not pay as well as they used to, but there are bonuses for completing 12, 20 or 30 surveys in a week and I find that to be a good incentive for me to spend time on their surveys.  I accumulate points on that panel faster than on most others and have cashed out with $100 Amazon cards on several occasions.  Another thing I like about them is if a survey is not properly credited, or if there is a DQ at the end or a technical error, they are pretty responsive and will usually end up awarding the points.