Verifying your ID to watch a movie??

nj07208

Did anyone get that? I was doing a survey thru E-Rewards that required you to watch a movie trailer and before it started, you had to show both sides of your ID & take a selfie thru the webcam! These things are getting ridiculous. You have no real way of knowing who you are giving your information to. This is a big no for me. Especially for the peanuts you get thru E-Rewards. They need to use a real focus group setting if it's that important.

sp.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Never have seen that ,dropped E rewards years ago ,and now if they want me to do a webcam or even a video I decline .I do not know who is viewing and don't feel comfortable with doing that .No way I would be doing the ID thing .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nj07208 said:

Did anyone get that? I was doing a survey thru E-Rewards that required you to watch a movie trailer and before it started, you had to show both sides of your ID & take a selfie thru the webcam! These things are getting ridiculous. You have no real way of knowing who you are giving your information to. This is a big no for me. Especially for the peanuts you get thru E-Rewards. They need to use a real focus group setting if it's that important.

sp.jpeg

Wow, that is some kind of crazy! Nope, I agree with you, I'd never do any survey that said I have to do that. How very tone deaf of them! You'd think these survey sites would know how important privacy and security is. For them to demand that information from you to see a stupid movie tells me they want to sell your info to the highest bidder. Absolutely ludicrous! I won't go anywhere near ERewards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nj07208 said:

sp.jpeg

I never heard of anything like that in my life .It sounds like a scam and may even be illegal .I don't think I would want to deal with them anymore. And by your ID I guess they mean your driver's license. And they wanted  to see both the front and back of it. Plus a selfie. Makes absolutely no sense to ask for that in order to watch a movie trailer. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mikedorb said:

I never heard of anything like that in my life .It sounds like a scam and may even be illegal .I don't think I would want to deal with them anymore. And by your ID I guess they mean your driver's license. And they wanted  to see both the front and back of it. Plus a selfie. Makes absolutely no sense to ask for that in order to watch a movie trailer. 

I would never give out that information for a survey

• Like 2

Got that as a 2 point survey on mypoints. It was only asking if you would do it for extra points. My answer was "no". Too easy to have someone get it and use it for illegal purposes. Wouldn't be possible anyway - no camera , smartphone , or web cam.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikedorb said:

Right, why the heck would they need the back of your DL?? I was mad that they had the audacity to set up the survey like that.  We are constantly reminded to safe guard your ID and these fools want people to upload an ID to who knows where. <sigh>

32 minutes ago, nj07208 said:

Right, why the heck would they need the back of your DL?? I was mad that they had the audacity to set up the survey like that.  We are constantly reminded to safe guard your ID and these fools want people to upload an ID to who knows where. <sigh>

The back of your driver's license would have a bar code which could be scanned and might give somebody some personal info. Why would any survey company need that? I have done surveys before where I had to watch a movie trailer and a couple where I had to watch an episode of a TV program and no personal info was asked for. Just clicked on the video and watched the trailer or program. 

• Like 1