Prolific

Duck

Prolific has been one of my best producing panels over the last few months.  A few days ago I noticed the surveys stopped coming.  Tonight I tried to cash out and was told that my account is under review and it cannot be accessed.   Wonder what I did to tick them off.  Is anyone else having problems with Prolific?

Okay for me...so far. I know others elsewhere reported having had withdrawal issues recently, but supposedly the problem was fixed, and it may have been a problem on PayPal's end. May not be related to your issue though.

• Like 1

Paypla.com is working on correcting their currency converter. Prolific message popped out and stated that I could not withdrawal multiple times within a 24 hour period. That is a bit perturbing. Members ought to be able to cash out when one's minimum amount funds are available for withdrawal as many times as they prefer within one day.

50 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

Can you pull out part of your money or is it an all or nothing withdrawal?

It's all or nothing. 

• Like 1

I'm new there, but I'd have to say it's my favorite site right now.  No screenouts or messing with trying to find a survey that I can complete.

Payouts seem good too.

Since I am new, I have to wait to cashout on tuesday and fridays.

After 4 cashouts, I should be good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wobbles said:

I'm new there, but I'd have to say it's my favorite site right now.  No screenouts or messing with trying to find a survey that I can complete.

Payouts seem good too.

Since I am new, I have to wait to cashout on tuesday and fridays.

After 4 cashouts, I should be good.

It was good for me too,  6-8  months,  surveys were coming in,  was cashing out on a regular basis. and then all of the sudden they froze me.  I have about 15.00 in the account that they won't let me transfer to Paypal   I am just going to wait them out.  These situations usually resolve themselves,  one day I will log on and the account will be open again.  Yeah I know,  I could message them but what I am likely to get is that I violated some inane rule or some other b.s. that I will know that isn't true.  So I'll  just wait them out and let them come to me.  They need me worse than I need them.   I have 11 other survey panels in which I participate,  they keep me busy and I am  easily reaching my daily goals. 

21 hours ago, Duck said:

It was good for me too,  6-8  months,  surveys were coming in,  was cashing out on a regular basis. and then all of the sudden they froze me.  I have about 15.00 in the account that they won't let me transfer to Paypal   I am just going to wait them out.  These situations usually resolve themselves,  one day I will log on and the account will be open again.  Yeah I know,  I could message them but what I am likely to get is that I violated some inane rule or some other b.s. that I will know that isn't true.  So I'll  just wait them out and let them come to me.  They need me worse than I need them.   I have 11 other survey panels in which I participate,  they keep me busy and I am  easily reaching my daily goals. 

Well, I would certainly ask.  You are never going to know if you don't.  Had it happen on crowdtap a week ago, and I asked, and they said it was a mistake and unfroze me.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:45 AM, Duck said:

Prolific has been one of my best producing panels over the last few months.  A few days ago I noticed the surveys stopped coming.  Tonight I tried to cash out and was told that my account is under review and it cannot be accessed.   Wonder what I did to tick them off.  Is anyone else having problems with Prolific?

Prolific has a user quality metric, it is based on how many surveys are returned for quality reasons. Quality reasons, like missing an attention check or not meeting the participant requirements. Take a look at your submission history and look for surveys that were returned from the admin.

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago I posted that Prolific had locked me out of my account.   I waited for awhile then finally sent them the message below.

Do you suppose you could unlock my account long enough for me to cash out? Then if you no longer want me to participate in surveys we can part amicably.

A day or so later they responded with this. 

Apr 2021, 06:15 BST"Do yoyou"Thanks for getting in touch.
We carry out various types of automated checks on accounts to improve data quality. These include checking the trustworthiness of ISPs, assessing responses to surveys and questions, reports from researchers, as well as other factors. For more detail on all the checks we carry out, please take a look at our blog post: Why participants get banned
I'm afraid you cannot participate in further studies on Prolific because your account has failed one or more of these checks. Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose further information about the specifics of these checks and will not be able to reverse this decision.
We must stress that, while we thank you for your interest in the platform, this decision is very much final. Please note that we are unable to allow restricted participants to create new accounts, so please do not attempt this.
You will now be able to withdraw any remaining rewards earned from your account.
Thank you for understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused"

Prolific always did seem to fall into that category,  "If it seems to be too good to be true,  it probably is", A panel that actually offered high paying surveys, rejections that were rare and quick payouts. Sure enough,  after a few months run,  they dumped me and they won't tell me why.  There is no chance to redeem myself,  just unceremoniously dumped.  Am I surprised, naw,  I fully realize any survey panel that you have an account with is susceptible to turning on you at any given time.  That is why I am associated with a dozen or so.  That way one by itself can't hurt you much. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Duck said:

A few weeks ago I posted that Prolific had locked me out of my account.   I waited for awhile then finally sent them the message below.

Do you suppose you could unlock my account long enough for me to cash out? Then if you no longer want me to participate in surveys we can part amicably.

A day or so later they responded with this. 

Apr 2021, 06:15 BST"Do yoyou"Thanks for getting in touch.
We carry out various types of automated checks on accounts to improve data quality. These include checking the trustworthiness of ISPs, assessing responses to surveys and questions, reports from researchers, as well as other factors. For more detail on all the checks we carry out, please take a look at our blog post: Why participants get banned
I'm afraid you cannot participate in further studies on Prolific because your account has failed one or more of these checks. Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose further information about the specifics of these checks and will not be able to reverse this decision.
We must stress that, while we thank you for your interest in the platform, this decision is very much final. Please note that we are unable to allow restricted participants to create new accounts, so please do not attempt this.
You will now be able to withdraw any remaining rewards earned from your account.
Thank you for understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused"

Prolific always did seem to fall into that category,  "If it seems to be too good to be true,  it probably is", A panel that actually offered high paying surveys, rejections that were rare and quick payouts. Sure enough,  after a few months run,  they dumped me and they won't tell me why.  There is no chance to redeem myself,  just unceremoniously dumped.  Am I surprised, naw,  I fully realize any survey panel that you have an account with is susceptible to turning on you at any given time.  That is why I am associated with a dozen or so.  That way one by itself can't hurt you much. 

I am so sorry to hear this. I'm also totally shocked. Out of all the survey sites I belong to, Prolific is the only one who hasn't screwed me over. I think it's terrible what these survey sites do as far as banning people with absolutely no explanation. It's all a big secret and cover up. That shouldn't even be legal, but obviously it is very much legal for these survey sites to drag their survey takers through the crud and treat them horribly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just got a notification today that I messed up on one of the attention checks.  I got a completion code but the person who was overseeing the survey messaged me that they did not agree with how it was done to me.  I read all of those questions because they do try to trip you up.  I was impressed that the survey people contacted me.  Oh well, I have only ever had 2 returned for attention checks. 

• Like 1