How Does Pinecone Not Realize How Terrible They Are??

Njsurveyman

Every time I receive a Pinecone email offer, the first or second question in the screening process just freezes. I have not been able to complete a survey fot them in over a month. How do they not realize how much they suck now??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

Every time I receive a Pinecone email offer, the first or second question in the screening process just freezes. I have not been able to complete a survey fot them in over a month. How do they not realize how much they suck now??

They are definitely not as good as they were a year ago I very seldom qualify and when I do no product to test anymore  and your right sometimes it does freeze up

• Like 3

I wonder if you should contact them about this problem. I surely agree with peach6 that they are not as good as they used to be and I really don't get many surveys anymore. But I have not had this freeze up problem, not yet anyway! Oh, something to look forward to! :-(

• Thanks 1

This maybe a browser issue, try some browser troubleshooting. A quick test is to use another supported browser and copy the invitation. I rarely use the email links, I just login and go to the dashboard and look for "Available surveys", or click "In Progress".  Some of the surveys that choked on you in the past from the email invites may still be "In Progress" and there is a chance of finishing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, schludermann said:

This maybe a browser issue, try some browser troubleshooting. A quick test is to use another supported browser and copy the invitation. I rarely use the email links, I just login and go to the dashboard and look for "Available surveys", or click "In Progress".  Some of the surveys that choked on you in the past from the email invites may still be "In Progress" and there is a chance of finishing.

This definitely rings true! I don’t use the links in emails I get, as they seldom work. I just go directly to the site. If Safari is being wonky, I try Chrome or Firefox.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, for years Pinecone was one of those great sites that would come around now and then (like Paid Viewpoint or Forthright) and paid nicely for surveys unique to their sites. The Pinecone payout is still $3.00 for me, but no longer via Paypal. I accept amazon gift cards because I need to buy things there, anyway. But a couple of years ago, those Pinecone surveys, where you eventually click on a product label to indicate what you like or dislike, started popping up on other sites, but those only paid like 60 cents or so.

I avoided doing those, so I wouldn't screw up my survey relationship with Pinecone. But in the past several months, I have found that 90 to 95% of survey offers I get from them are faulty. I recently got a couple that worked, and I was able to grab my $5 Amazon gift card or whatever. But in the past year, I started doing those surveys on other sites, because they never go wrong there. Less money, but they work. I don't feel guilty, because Pinecone must have sold out or given up their exclusivity somehow.

I haven't seen any indication that they recently got bought out.

I generally won't switch my browser just to get a survey to work. I did have Microsoft edge set up as a back-up to my Firefox, after I eliminated Explorer because that was finished anyway, and it sometimes does clear up issues, but I stopped using edge due to some major security flaws that may or may not be related to it, or a recent Windows flaw/breach.

Edited by dimefynder
  • Like 2

I used to love Pinecone because it was a guaranteed 3.00 for a survey and you never got kicked out and often they would send you a product to test and it would be another  3.00 if you completed the follow up survey. But they dropped me from their panel a couple of years ago. Not sure why but my best guess is since I was with them a long time they wanted to get some new blood in their panel. Since I am no longer a member  I don't know what has been going on there over the last couple of years. But it does surprise me that they dropped PayPal as a payment option. Wonder what the reason was. That is what I used to get my payments. What also was great is you could complete one 3.00 survey and then immediately cash out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

This definitely rings true! I don’t use the links in emails I get, as they seldom work. I just go directly to the site. If Safari is being wonky, I try Chrome or Firefox.

If you return daily and click on the "In progress" another survey may come up. one month I got 3 invitations and some were added without any email notice. I came back several times a day from three different browsers and completed 33 surveys. usually I complete about 3 surveys and maybe a product test a month.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, schludermann said:

If you return daily and click on the "In progress" another survey may come up. one month I got 3 invitations and some were added without any email notice. I came back several times a day from three different browsers and completed 33 surveys. usually I complete about 3 surveys and maybe a product test a month.

That has happened to me a few times. I did over six in one day, which was pretty nice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I would LOVE paypal to be an option again as well. REALLY miss that!

I wonder why they dropped PayPal. When I belonged to the panel I used that to get my payments. 

On 3/14/2021 at 7:36 PM, mikedorb said:

I wonder why they dropped PayPal. When I belonged to the panel I used that to get my payments. 

paypal is probably charging them fees or a bigger fee.

PointClub just passed the charge on to it's users.

3 hours ago, wobbles said:

paypal is probably charging them fees or a bigger fee.

PointClub just passed the charge on to it's users.

Can you still cash out at Pinecone for 3.00? It would be hard to charge a fee for a 3.00 cash out so that is maybe why they dropped PayPal as an option. Maybe the fee has something to do with Point Club having a minimum amount of 25.00 to be able to cash out.