Erewards asked me if ............

footfree

That tends to be a trend lately. The balls of these survey sites! Sorry this happened to you. Making a note to stay far away from ERewards. 

These guys are owned by Dynata, any information you provide is shared across their other sites.

https://www.surveypolice.com/companies/dynata

Likely it will be reduced to a panelist ID and shared with competitors that have the same client.

The client does not want us panelists getting paid to answer the same survey during a multi-vendor campaign, with a different company and this is tracked as a panelist ID.

LifePoints, once slipped up and mentioned this practice in a support ticket where I was harping on so many of Life Points surveys self-aborting.

Dynata will use this to screw you.

I sure as hell would never do this. If the survey site insisted, I would simply dump them. No way am I giving them this information so they can steal my identity and clean out my bank accounts. Having had identity theft happen to me twice, I’m very careful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I have been seeing this with other survey sites, asking to submit personal identification. Does anyone REALLY do this? 

No Way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have gotten the following TEN times in the past 2 days:

"We have an exciting 20 minute survey which offers ...........on successful completion. The offer requires you to upload a picture of your personal ID (back and front) along with the selfie of yourself with your id. The ID is only used for verification purposes."

I removed some info. from the above quote so the survey company couldn't be identified, not sure if that was necessary or not. A decent reward was offered for this 20 minute survey which would probably end up being 45 minutes or so.

Obviously I would NEVER submit this kind of personal information.  Who would? But to get the same request TEN TIMES in two days from the same survey site? Ridiculous!

Anyone else get this same request multiple times in a few days?

• Like 1