Error redeeming points in One Opinion

dawn_b_adams

I have enough points through OneOpinion to redeem for $25 PayPal. I’ve never had a problem in the past. It’s giving me an error where I get to the part to put my PayPal email. Keeps saying “oops there’s a problem, try again later”. So I got ahold of the stupid ‘bot and told it I wanted to talk to a human supervisor. The ‘bot told me my account is paused due to something about a validation check. I said that’s a mistake, and I want to redeem my points. It told me someone would email me, wouldn’t give me a phone number to call anyone.

Yeah, I know OneOpinion is owned by the criminals at Dynata, and that. Any advice on getting my money? 

1 hour ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I have enough points through OneOpinion to redeem for $25 PayPal. I’ve never had a problem in the past. It’s giving me an error where I get to the part to put my PayPal email. Keeps saying “oops there’s a problem, try again later”. So I got ahold of the stupid ‘bot and told it I wanted to talk to a human supervisor. The ‘bot told me my account is paused due to something about a validation check. I said that’s a mistake, and I want to redeem my points. It told me someone would email me, wouldn’t give me a phone number to call anyone.

Yeah, I know OneOpinion is owned by the criminals at Dynata, and that. Any advice on getting my money? 

I would try emailing them at

[email protected]

• Thanks 1

One of the reasons I stopped doing their surveys is with all the complaints and the lousy payout.I wonder if they realize all they are  only hurting themselves.There is a certain amount of time you can get away with this behavior  before people have had enough and walk away from it all. I am one of those people I wont do their surveys anymore.

• Thanks 2

Uh oh. And I just reached enough to cash out. :51_scream: Will have to see how that goes. Maybe I should wait to see how/if Dawn's issue is resolved first.

• Thanks 2

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies and advice, much appreciated. I did get an email back from OneOpinion stating the reason they paused my account is because supposedly there was a “hard bounce” and one of their invitation emails got sent back. I received this reply email from them right in my inbox, so I’m not buying that excuse. Anyway, they reactivated my account, and I was able to cash out. 

But It took me months to accumulate $25 worth of points, so I’ve decided to dump them. Too much of a waste of my time, and too much crap. I’m now down to five survey sites that I interact with. That’s down from over 20 a few years ago. Again, thanks for your replies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did get my cash out with no problems. :91_thumbsup: But also takes me several months to earn enough for that because One Opinion has dropped far down my list of survey sites, and I spend limited time there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Me too.  Just reached the threshold for the time with this outfit  ( which has taken three years!) and there is a repeated "try again later" message.  Online chat facility is a complete and utter waste of time.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Me too.  Just reached the threshold for the time with this outfit  ( which has taken three years!) and there is a repeated "try again later" message.  Online chat facility is a complete and utter waste of time.

That error message has been there since well before they were acquired by Dynata. They have yet to be able to solve it. The Emily chat bot is essentially useless. Best bet is to email support at [email protected].

• Like 1