I just did a yougov survey that paid 0 points

NFriday

Hi- I just did a YouGov survey that paid 0 points.  It was a survey where you had to give your opinions about Facebook and Instigram and a few other companies.  I did get 100 points for doing the post survey.  I don't know how many points I was supposed to get for the survey.  When I looked up my account, it said I completed a survey today, but I got 0 points, but I got 100 points for the other survey I did afterwards.  I have never had that happen with YouGov..  They always pay me at least 250 points.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well that is certainly weird.  I have been dq'd on their site more than once, which was also weird.  Usually they have a blurb on the invite that you will get points for your opinion.  I would say contact customer support, but I don't hear back from them right away. 

I got another survey from YouGov yesterday that paid me 250 points, and plus I got the additional 100 points by doing the additional survey.  I still need I think 10,000 points before I can cash out though.

• 2 weeks later...

Their site has become a bit shaky in the last year.  They moved to promote a separate community under their name that requires a download of their app that tracks your internet use.  Sure, they're tracking me, but at least they're up front about it.  I do cash out quicker in that program.

I've had no problem cashing out with YouGov.  It just takes me a while to do it because I don't get a lot of surveys with them.  I rarely go on their site to see if they have any surveys though.  I just wait for them to email me.  Most of the surveys are interesting though, which is more than I can say for most survey companies.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's good that you noticed it wasn't giving you any points. In the last couple years I've been getting more and more of those - paid and unpaid surveys being impossible to identify. Some people HAVE gotten paid from YouGov (not me, for sure), but you certainly need to watch out. They will lie, they won't respond to emails, they will delete accounts and claim they've never heard of you. I lost a lot of trust in them.