Across the Fence- Community

sassyk

A community about lawn care & equipment.  Anyone belong? or know how to get ahold of a moderator? Emails still being sent to do surveys, etc.  but they are not paying any incentives. Many have tried to write to a so called moderator by the name of Simon with no luck. I, personally was chosen for member of the month and was not given my incentive. Any feedback or help?

• 6 months later...

I'm a member and just cashed out $15 in early December without any problem.  Log onto the site and check your reward history.  All redeemed points should be there and you can request a link to resend the reward card.    I just realized this post was from 5 months ago so it might have been resolved.

i'm a member, about three years now, still glacially accruing points, currently about halfway to five dollars.  I should have enough points to claim something in Jan/Feb, even a yucky Walnut card. The reward choices are dwindling, Simon, the Admin appears to be MIA. I have a reward that went stale, waited too long to claim it. I wrote Simon several times and haven't heard anything. I guess shaking the BBB tree might be the next step.

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, sassyk said:

A community about lawn care & equipment.  Anyone belong? or know how to get ahold of a moderator? Emails still being sent to do surveys, etc.  but they are not paying any incentives. Many have tried to write to a so called moderator by the name of Simon with no luck. I, personally was chosen for member of the month and was not given my incentive. Any feedback or help?

I was a member a few years back but made pretty much zilch so I quit. 

• 4 months later...

I have been a member of that site for a number of years, and have personally witnessed its complete collapse.

First, the site has never been one where you could earn a decent level of incentives. It might take a couple/few months just to collect enough points for a $5 incentive. 

But, everything changed... dramatically... and for the worse... beginning in 2021.

All of a sudden, things began to go wrong. First, the $5 Amazon gift card disappeared from availability. Then, the $10 Amazon gift card disappeared. At the same time people were posting comments (more about this, shortly) in the discussion panels, saying they had sent messages to the moderators and nobody had answered in some number of weeks. This problem became bigger and bigger. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it may have been as long as a year before any moderator finally began to reply to people making attempts to contact them, directly, through the channels that were set up solely for that purpose. But, all the while during the time that no moderator bothered to reply, the panel was sending out survey invitations and the promise of points to be earned. So, it wasn't that the community admins went fully M.I.A. They were there. They just weren't responding to anybody. And, they also weren't paying incentives.

Fast forward... I mentioned the discussion panels.... There had always been an area that was set up so that group members could create discussion topics of their choosing... and it could be literally about anything you wanted to talk about. These discussions went on for at least a couple of years before the problems began. It was in these discussions that people began bringing up the topic of their not getting paid, not getting a response from admins, etc., etc. It was through these discussions that someone brought up contacting the Better Business Bureau. Someone contacted the California Better Business Bureau (so I understand, the owning company of the community is located in the Los Angeles area). The California B.B.B. must have done something because IMMEDIATELY admins began chirping yet again. They said they were sorry... there had been technical problems (uh-huh... yeah... riiiiight). Some people actually began getting paid incentives, while some others were saying they still weren't getting theirs.

Then, ever so suddenly, those freeform discussion pages I mentioned where people had been discussing all of the problems encountered with admins? Poof!! All of those disappeared. And I mean the entirety of the ability to even post such a discussion topic. The entire area of the community completely ceased to exist.

Never mind, though. People are resilient. There were still discussion/comments left behind each and every survey/activity that we took. People began talking in those areas, talking about still ongoing problems. I bet you can't guess what the panel did next!!

:-)

How did you know??!!  YES!! They removed all abilities to respond with comments even to those. In fact... I was over there snooping around, just now. Unless there is something I am missing, there is not one place within that entire community where a member can leave a comment, send a message (except to admins), etc. The panel removed the ability for ANY community member to say one word to anyone within the entire community. 

People aren't stupid. People KNOW they did that on purpose.

Who knows what is the status, today, of getting incentives paid through them. I certainly do not know because I no longer participate in ANY activities within that group. Those folk are the epitome of crooks, thieves, liars, just all around sorry, low-down, no good criminals.

I still get invites from them. I got an email invite just today, in fact. I won't participate, though.

Someone does need to be brought to justice for what they are doing through there, though. They have had a good 2-3-year scam going.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, sassyk said:

I wish I could help. I joined some years back but quit after a month or two when absolutely nothing  was happening, no surveys etc.

Only way I can think of to get your incentive is to write to the site from which you were recruited. Good luck!

I am waiting well over two weeks now for the incentive from Tellwut for joining a community through them, 1000 points. Tellwut says they are still waiting  to hear back from the community as to who are active members.  Tellwut  has had no response to their requests for  this list. 

Hope we both get our incentives sooner rather than later.

• 3 months later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, iTunechi said:

Do you have the recruitment link for the website? Or ask for recruitment link from the moderator? 

If anyone have the recruitment link for the Across the Fence should share the link here.