Branded Surveys Panelist Belittlement

schludermann

Folks,

Branded fields mandatory surveys that require the panelist to provide personal details to remain a panelist in the graces of Branded. Often the selections provided are very specific, like the panelist must have one of the medical, life situations or employment types before moving on the survey. Meaning there are no selections like "none of the above", other, or "I'm not going to answer that question, I take the 5th". They also have written response questions. Like, what do i like about branded, or why do I do surveys.

These are hard to tell that they are coming up on the Branded dash board, so i get enmeshed in these junk surveys. Everytime I  conclude these surveys I always get a warning like the one below. I think Branded has been taking lessons from YourSurvey, on how to belittle panelist.

"

• Pay Attention! Not Answering Honestly Can Jeopardize Your Account.
    Attention checks are scattered throughout surveys. Read thoroughly and pay attention to keep an account remains active.
    11 seconds ago
  • Sad 1

• schludermann changed the title to Branded Surveys Panelist Belittlement

I'm so sorry that happened to you. What a bunch of jerkoffs! Any survey site that pulls that crap on me will get dumped and I will file a formal complaint. I had a survey site do this to me a few years back, and I complained. All of a sudden, they were really nice to me after that. I still dumped them anyway. I will not tolerate being treated with disrespect, considering all the time I sacrifice for these survey sites. I guess that's why I have pared down to 5-6 survey sites, vice the 30-40 I had a few years ago. 

It's pretty pathetic that Branded is considered one of the top survey sites. If they are and treat people like that, imagine how the survey sites at the bottom treat people. Absolutely appalling and disgusting that they are allowed to get away with this. 

Folks,

I actually had some interaction with Branded and the situation was clarified, both from the reasons for the harassment and the conditions that were promulgated the response from Branded. There was a question that the panelist had to select from 15 national fast food restaurants. None of them fit me, I use a low cost national chain and it did not make the branded cut. Also there wasn't "other", "none of the above" or "prefer not not answer". However, there was this non-de script entry in the list "Burgers-to-go".  So, I went with that, and that was a trap question and prompted the harassing language to make appropriate responses.

Now, this is a good illustration of how routinely Branded doesn't competently author surveys, or specifically skews results. Creating data to fit an outcome.  Why was any panelist member restricted to a fixed list? This survey was biased to specific national brands. I think the reduced selection and no opportunity for alternatives is a clear practice in biasing. This is not the only occurrence, and if you are a panelist member of branded, you can actually review this biased approach.  You will find this conduct in the section of your account called "my data" in the links at the bottom of your member dash board. Take a look at it. I say around 5% of the surveys that are used for profiling are structure to give the panelist restricted and non-representational choices. This practice is also duplicated on the internal surveys that Branded fields. I hope some clients of branded take notice of this type of authoring, if you're not getting results from branded that don't fit your reality. This might be a contributing factor.

• Like 2