Does anybody know if Yougov is still up and running?

Dmell

Got this email from YouGov this morning.  No real info and no estimate of when they will finally pay out:

"Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing an issue that has resulted in the Amazon gift cards being delayed.

We deeply regret this inconvenience, knowing that you worked hard for this reward. Please rest assured that we are working on this with the highest priority and we hope to have your reward at the earliest.

We thank you for your patience and understanding, and always appreciate your active participation at YouGov.

Have a lovely day,
The YouGov support team"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CatShaw54 said:

Got this email from yougov this morning.  No real info and no estimate of when they will finally pay out:

"Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing an issue that has resulted in the Amazon gift cards being delayed.

We deeply regret this inconvenience, knowing that you worked hard for this reward. Please rest assured that we are working on this with the highest priority and we hope to have your reward at the earliest.

We thank you for your patience and understanding, and always appreciate your active participation at yougov.

Have a lovely day,
The yougov support team"

I received that email too. I'm glad they finally acknowledged a problem but wondering how long it will take for the gift card to come. In the meantime they send me surveys and I don't know if I'm doing them for "free". 

Sometimes you just have to laugh at these companies.

So I figured I'd waste a minute of my time and email them again, asking how long the delay would be in getting my gift card. They responded about an hour later (which is a miracle in itself), with a long email telling me how happy they are that I am looking to do more surveys and they proceed to tell me how surveys are based on demographics, they try to make sure everyone gets surveys, blah blah.

What the heck?????

• Sad 2

Yeah, I’m still waiting for my $5 gift card from an earlier survey I took through them. I’m not holding my breath waiting. Once I have enough points to cash out, I’ll probably dump them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm done with them too. They can't even read the emails correctly and they just send out any old stock answer they have handy. It's a shame how many of these survey companies I've lost over the years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have been getting 1 a week or so all summer, and someday I will be cashing out again.  Hopefully.  I was doing one on mypoints last night and noticed it was for You.gov, so I closed it out and went on to the next. 

I'm at 98,000+ points and plan to submit for an Amazon code. In the past, other companies have voiced difficulties, at times, getting an allotment from the Amazon Behemoth. Also, it may be a cash flow issue, Panels have to be paid by the organizations that commission the reviews, business can be complicated at times. However, I hope that this issue clears up soon, or the CEO, founders and director of YouGov operations is going to hear from me and get a link to this thread.

• Like 1

Just an update. I finally got my Amazon gift code last night. It took about 6 weeks when it usually takes 2 weeks. I'm not sure what's going on but I'll probably step back from them for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue, with the pandemic, winter storms in Texas, having to move, etc I was away from my computer for almost 2 months straight and when I come back I find I'm no longer getting surveys and go to log in and they won't respond, don't send the code to get into my account and all of my points are theirs now. I've emailed and emailed and nothing. 

• 1 month later...

They're certainly up and running (they're big in the UK). You probably hit the 'YouGov' shuffle in which they stop sending you invites (or just delete your account) as you get close to getting to a payout level. Their newest trick is to cycle between paid and unpaid surveys; and it's hard to tell which is which. The past couple years has seem them fall off the edge in quality, reliability, and honesty. Something doesn't smell right there. 

• Like 1